注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 776|回复: 0

[[求助与讨论]] Tragedy of No Return

[复制链接]
发表于 2005-9-19 22:57:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
my discution with our english teacher in the class:

Nowadays, we are involved in the fierce controversy over the clone technology which exerts great and underlying influence on any aspect of our society, especially the debates on human clone, because we may be confronted with future shock given by the human clone: Evil person dead for many years will appear again because of terrorism or other lethal purposes. Over-crowded population will arouse worldwide disturbance, such as food shortage, resource crisis, crazy plunder, which are all great threats to other species, even the whole nature. More important, what I am concerned is that human clone will dramatically accelerate the perdition of human life more quickly than natural forces do.

If human clone is successful in the future, I believe clone will accelerate the process of disappearance of mankind. It means that clone can actually destroy an endangered species even more quickly than natural forces do. Because natural breeding allows a species to adapt and change with it’s surrounding. But clone creates an exact copy of what already exists. The forces of selection through the process of natural reproduction will then have a chance to work to save us.

We all know the evolutionary theory of Darwin. It can be defined in the dictionary as groups of organisms change with passage of time, mainly as a result of natural selection, so that descendants differ morphologically and physiologically from their ancestors. That’s the nature of life development. It’s a gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form. But for human clone, it means an end of the human life because of the endlessly repeating of the same life form.

In our text, the author also shared the same idea. On page 67, you will read, “It’s a horrendous crime to make Xerox of someone,” argues author and science critic Jeremy Rifkin. “You’re putting a human into a genetic straitjacket. For the first time, we’ve taken the principles of industrial design—quality control, predictability—and applied them to a human being.”

So, in my opinion, human clone should never be put into effect. Man should respect Nature and its development and should not violate the rules of natural evolution. It’s really a natural process for man to bear, grow and die. If we deliberately change the fact with human’s power, then we, human beings, will have to face the life tragedy of no return.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-6-6 11:33 , Processed in 0.363991 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.