注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 920|回复: 2

[[求助与讨论]] [原创]Difficulties vanish when faced boldly

[复制链接]
发表于 2005-3-22 11:21:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Difficulties vanish when faced boldly

Once it's been spread widely: You can't expect to make a place in the sun for yourself, if you keep taking refuge under the family tree. I've always kept it in mind since the day I came to realize what the responsibility of an adult signified. With the hope to seek a life, which was independent and meaningful, I have been trying my best.
     It has been a challenge for me to deal with the financial problem during my college life. Reflecting back over my freshman days, when such a large sum of tuition made the whole family feel worried, I chose to face the music by myself.
With the help of many kind-hearted people, I acquired a grant-in-aid(a loan from the bank), and then attended the work-study program in the university as a librarian. Hence these earnings constituted the primary financial resources for my schoolwork.
    However, I would always stick to my point of view that self-help is the best help. So every now and then in the still of night, a strong promise came from the bottom of my heart, reminding me to work hard, and never shrink from any task, however arduous it was.
      Aiming to achieve the highest-grade scholarship, and bring both the part-time work and study into balance, I studied efficiently according to a planned-carefully schedule. Finally, the realization of the goal was a great satisfaction. I won quite a lot of money awarded by both the department and the university, and proved that nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
     Besides, in order to use the living expenses where they were most needed, I formed the habit of going native in everyday life. So I tended to borrow books from the library in most cases, and would send birthday presents hand-made by myself. There were also many other things alike, not only imaginative but also enjoyable, which made my college life simple, colorful and unforgettable.
    Thanks to life for giving me that common and not so wealthy family background. Thus I got the opportunity to learn how to grasp my destiny in my own hands early.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-3-23 14:46:28 | 显示全部楼层
Quite clear-cut essay while there are some minus discuss of the conjunctions with you
Maybe better use "furthermore" in the fourth paragraph instead of "however" and " which" instead of "thus" in the last paragraph?(which gave me the oppotunity...)
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2005-3-23 17:39:07 | 显示全部楼层
I will accept your advice.Thank you so much.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-6-6 08:55 , Processed in 0.309581 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.