注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 1292|回复: 3

英语思维之“闭门造车”篇

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-1-24 15:24:49 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
    原创首发
    英语思维的本体论(参见英语思维之“白马非马”篇)说明,如果真要去寻找什么“培养英语思维能力”的方法,就应该从如何能让思维中的英语绵绵不绝着手,而评价某种方法的有效与否,也应该以英语思维是否有中断,以及中断的频率如何,时长多少为标准。
    本文的标题是“闭门造车”,所以,自然要介绍其方法。而这种方法当然也会比较适合那些喜欢独自学习的人。
    “闭门造车”之法一曰“跟读”。跟读就是“……重复说话人的话语……”(Richards & Schmidt, 2003: 483)。跟读的英文名为“shadowing”,回译成中文就是“影子练习”(张吉良, 2004)。跟读技术在心理学及心理语言学中有着广泛的运用,常用来考察心智在线处理的种种情况,例如,选择注意 (Cherry, 1953; Moray, 1959),工作记忆 (Baddeley, 1993; Donald, 1969),单词识别(Radeau, et al., 1989; Slowiaczek & Pisoni, 1986),句法处理 (Marslen-wilson, 1973; 1985),如此等等。跟读技术也常用于同传训练(Kurz, 1992)。跟读对于第一语言习得或学习的作用是显而易见的,“呀呀学语”部分就是说明这种情况,小学时的语文课,也少不了这种练习。跟读对于外语教学或第二语言习得的影响,国外已有学者进行了研究 (Kadota & Tamai, 2004; Murphey, 2001; Murphey, 1995; Shimo, 2005; Wiltshier, 2007),国内也有人探讨 (季琼, 2008; 刘佳颖, 2008; 谭燕, 2006)。跟读可做多种分类,见下表
    各类跟读一览表
分类标准    名称    描述
跟读间隔  同步跟读  跟读与原语音的时间间隔很短,直至重叠。
        延时跟读  跟读与原语音的时间间隔拉开,长至一句,短到一词。
        成诵跟读  跟读与原语音的时间间隔无限延长,即跟读成诵。
连续程度  音节跟读  按音节跟读,原语音可停顿,拉长和重复。
        间歇跟读  按单词、词组或短语跟读, 原语音可停顿。
        连续跟读  按原语音的速度,不间断地跟读
出声情况  默读跟读  仅在内心无声地跟读。
        唇读跟读  动嘴唇, 但不出声地跟读。
        朗读跟读  以正常,甚至超常的音量跟读。
互动如何  录音跟读  独自跟读音频材料。
        合作跟读  一人读文章而另一人进行跟读,并可进行人称的转换。
        交际跟读  跟读时加上问题或评论, 进行意义的磋商, 如同正常的对话。
注意重点  音律跟读  只问语音、语调,不问理解与否的跟读。
        配音跟读  尽可能再现原语音呈献的一切,包括音质,口音,态度,以及可能的动作和表情等。
        内容跟读  只问理解,不问音调的跟读。
文本有无  参阅前跟读  跟读时无文本参阅,包括永远也不会有的情况。
        参阅中跟读  一边跟读,一边阅读文本;或一边阅读文本,一边跟读。
        参阅后跟读  先阅读文本,再跟读。
    所谓的英语思维“闭门造车”之“跟读”指的是两种情况:1. 延时跟读+连续跟读+朗读跟读+录音跟读+配音跟读+参阅后跟读;2. 延时跟读+连续跟读+朗读跟读+录音跟读+内容跟读+参阅前跟读;
    “闭门造车”之法二曰“仿写”。由于仿写大家都比较熟悉,这里不做理论介绍,仅提供一些实例。中文仿写可参考百度的“仿写吧”的中“仿写陋室铭”(http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=154039746)。英文仿写请看学生的练习。
    实例一,标点仿写
    When reports came into London Zoo that a wild puma had been spotted forty-five miles south of London, they were not taken seriously, but, as the evidence began to accumulate, experts from the Zoo felt obliged to investigate, for the descriptions given by people who claimed to have see the pupa were extraordinarily similar. —Puma at Large
    If human beings had long begun to pay more attention to the environment, they would not have been cornered into such a difficult situation suffering increasingly serious natural disasters, and, as statistics shows, things will turn even worse in the next scores of years if no immediate and adequate actions have been taken.
    实例二,主语仿写
    “He who is not content to look, like a savage, at the phenomena of nature as disconnected, cannot any longer believe that man is the work of a separate act of creation.” —The Descent of Man
    A country who is to emerge, as a new great nation, in the confused world, should not be afraid of the accusation of deliberately demonstrating its threatening military power. (注:学生有感于国外对中国的国庆阅兵的指责而写)
    实例三,时态仿写
    I was having dinner at a restaurant when Tony Steele came in. Tony worked in a lawyer's office years ago, but he is now working at a bank. He gets a good salary, but he always borrows money from his friends and never pays it back. Tony saw me and came and sat at the same table. He has never borrowed money from me. While he was eating, I asked him to lend me twenty pounds. To my surprise, he gave me the money immediately. 'I have never borrowed any money from you,' Tony said, 'so now you can pay for my dinner!' —One good turn deserves another
    My friend Bill was driving to a restaurant with his wife when he suddenly spotted a high-heel shoe half hidden under the passenger seat. Bill’s wife used to be a fashionable lady, but now she is growing more conservative. She also gets increasingly jealous as Bill becomes more successful. Bill knew that the shoe must be his secretary's. He had just drove her home after she had imbibed a little too much at an office reception. Although this was an innocent gesture, he decided not to mention it to his wife. He has got tired of the long question-and-answer game. While his wife was looking out of her window, he quickly scooped up the shoe and tossed it out of the car. With a sigh of relief, he pulled into the restaurant parking lot. That's when he noticed his wife squirming around in her seat. \"Honey,\" she asked,\" have you seen my other shoe?\"
    以上两种方法各有侧重,跟读侧重听说;仿写侧重读写,至于是否能让思维中的英语绵绵不绝,谁试谁知道。
参考文献略
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-28 11:55:02 | 显示全部楼层
学英语很需要语感的 是不?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-31 20:03:01 | 显示全部楼层
言之有物
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-2-11 19:10:14 | 显示全部楼层
shudebucuo
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 05:58 , Processed in 0.295534 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.