搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 558|回复: 0

[【学科前沿】] 他汀类损害认知功能?

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-3-2 08:17:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Do Statins Make You Stupid?
他汀类药物使你变蠢了?
Cholesterol-lowering statin drugs have had a rough time of it lately.
降胆固醇的他汀类药物近期面临着艰难时刻
There was the headline-making trial of the statin-combination drug Vytorin, which rattled conventional wisdom about the value of lowering cholesterol. Business Week weighed in with a report that asked: “Do Cholesterol Drugs Do Any Good?” And my Well column in Science Times last month pointed out that there’s no data to show that statins prolong the lives of many people who use them.
目前有一个关于他汀类Vytorin联合用药的大型临床实验,打乱了有关于降低胆固醇价值的常规认识。商业周刊提出了疑问:“降胆固醇药物真的完美无暇吗?”并且《科学时代》中我的健康专栏指出:没有数据显示他汀类药物延长使用者的寿命。
Now, The Wall Street Journal has joined the fray. Health Journal columnist Melinda Beck revisited questions about whether statin drugs have cognitive side effects that leave users, particularly women, with muddled thinking and forgetfulness. “This drug makes women stupid,” Dr. Orli Etingin, vice chairman of medicine at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, declared at a recent luncheon, according to the Journal.
现在,《华尔街日报》也已参与了争论,日报健康专栏作家Melinda Beck重温了关于他汀类药物是否对使用者具有认知方面的影响如思维错乱和健忘,特别是女性的问题。“该药物使女性变笨了,”纽约长老会医院内科副主席Orli Etingin博士近期在参与一次日报方主办的午宴上正式宣告。
Over the years, there’s been a lot of discussion about whether statins affect thinking and memory, but drug makers point out that hundreds of studies haven’t shown a causal link between statins and memory problems. However, anecdotal reports continue to suggest that some patients do develop memory loss while taking the drugs.
年复一年,有关是否他汀类会影响思维和记忆的争论层出不穷,但是药物制造者指出数百例临床实验均未显示他汀类药物和记忆方面有任何因果关系。然而,非对照性的报告仍然提示当口服这些药物后,许多患者出现了记忆力衰退。
After I wrote about the issue several years ago, a colleague who had once memorized poetry as a hobby told me he was unable to remember poems once he started taking statins. Dr. Beatrice A. Golomb, assistant professor at the University of California at San Diego, has collected thousands of stories from patients about statin side effects. She has said common complaints from patients taking statins include being unable to remember the name of a grandchild, walking into a room and forgetting why you are there, or starting a sentence and being unable to finish. Some complain of personality changes or irritability.
当我在多年前写下该文章后,我的一个同事,他有背诵诗歌的癖好,告诉我
自从服用他汀药后他就不能够记住诗歌了。圣地亚哥城加利福尼亚大学助理教授Beatrice A. Golomb博士已经搜集关于他汀药(对智力不良)影响数千例患者事例。她说,服用他汀药物患者普遍的主诉包括不能记住孙子的名字,进入房间后忘了为什么会在那,或者开口后忘了要说什么。有些则抱怨性格变化或易怒。
The Wall Street Journal highlights one interesting example:
华尔街日报举了一个典型的有趣事例:
A San Diego woman, Jane Brunzie, was so forgetful that her daughter was investigating Alzheimer’s care for her and refused to let her babysit for her 9-year-old granddaughter. Then the mother stopped taking a statin. “Literally, within eight days, I was back to normal — it was that dramatic,” says Mrs. Brunzie, 69 years old.
一个圣地亚哥妇女,Jane Brunzie,她是如此地健忘以致于她女儿把她当Alzheimer患者照顾,并且拒绝让她照顾她的9岁孙女。当她停用他汀药物后,“千真万确,八天内,我恢复了正常-如此戏剧性”,69岁的Brunzie太太说。
Doctors put her on different statins three more times. “They’d say, ‘Here, try these samples.’ Doctors don’t want to give up on it,” she says. “Within a few days of starting another one, I’d start losing my words again,” says Mrs. Brunzie, who has gone back to volunteering at the local elementary school she loves and is trying to bring her cholesterol down with dietary changes instead.
医生多次给于她不同的他汀药物,“他们总是说:来,试试这种。医生不愿意放弃它”,她说。“在使用另一种药物几天内,我又开始忘词了”,Brunzie太太说。她现在已经回到了她热爱的地方初级学校,并试图通过改变饮食替代药物来降低胆固醇。
““I feel very blessed — I got about 99% of my memory back,” she adds. “But I worry about people like me who are starting to lose their words who may think they have just normal aging and it may not be.”
我觉得非常棒-我恢复了99%的记忆”,她说,“但是我担心像我一样的人开始忘词,他们会认为是年龄原因,然而不是。”

原文
Can a Drug That Helps Hearts Be Harmful to the Brain?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB ... d=home_health_right

07年曾经有一篇流行病学调查的结果发现血清胆固醇低的老年人AD发病率高。当时我还不相信这个研究结果。ArchNeurol.2007;64:103-107,看来老外还是对的,不像国内的专家的意见一边倒,人云亦云。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 13:06 , Processed in 0.407366 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.