注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 542|回复: 0

[[资源推荐]] A Fishy Misunderstanding

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-1-22 23:54:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
A Fishy Misunderstanding[误解]

Koi[锦色鲤鱼] are an exotic[奇异的] type of fish found in Asia but rarely seen in the United States. Many people here keep these large creatures inside their houses in big tanks or outside in the garden in small, decorative ponds[池塘]. They come in many brilliant colors and look beautiful swimming underneath the water's surface. The biggest, most beautiful and most prized ones measure almost two feet in length and sell for as much as NT$100,000 dollars!

I first learned about koi when I visited a local pet shop. I was there shopping for something unusual to give my girlfriend, who had just moved to Taiwan to teach English. I was immediately attracted to the koi swimming in their tanks.

Of course I couldn't afford the most expensive koi in the shop, so I settled on a much cheaper one. It had shiny silver scales and spectacular red spots on it. The pet shop owner lectured me on how to properly care for a koi. I ended up buying not only the fish but a whole month's worth of food for it.

While my girlfriend was working, I took the fish to her apartment. I filled her bathtub with water and put the fish in the tub. I felt happy and excited. I could only imagine the look on my girlfriend's face when she entered her bathroom and saw this large, exotic fish swimming in the middle of the tub. She sure would be surprised!

The next morning, I couldn't wait any longer. I just had to know how my girlfriend had liked her gift. I called her up and asked, \"So how do you like the fish?\"

She answered, \"Oh, it was delicious!\"
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-9-28 08:25 , Processed in 0.107631 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.