找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 553|回复: 0

[[学习策略]] Your stereo system must be of the best quality.

[复制链接]
51ok 该用户已被删除
发表于 2008-1-21 08:58:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Mr. Clark: Good evening, Mrs. Hill. We met last week at the church. I'm your new neighbor, Bill, Clark.
Mrs. Hill: Oh, Mr. Clark. Welcome to my house! Come on in.
Mr. Clark: I'm sorry to bother you. But I'd like to ask you some questions.
Mrs. Hill: I'm never too busy to help a neighbor, Mr. Clark. What would you like to know?
Mr. Clark: Well, first, would you tell me what time the milkman calls? When will the newspaper boy come every morning? And which day are the letters delivered?
Mrs. Hill: That's simple. The milk and newspaper comes every morning at around six thirty. The postman will be here every Thursday afternoon.
Mr. Clark: Are there any clinics nearby?
Mrs. Hill: Sure, I have lived in this community for around ten years. And I do love it. There are clinics, stores, schools, churches, post offices and other services here. The clinic is just up the street, opposite the post office. It is open around the clock.
Mr. Clark: Thank you very much for your help, Mrs. Hill. Er… there is something else. I have some naughty boys, Mrs. Hill. They jumped across of the fence yesterday and made a mess in your garden. My wife and I are very sorry about that...
Mrs. Hill: (Laugh) Oh, there are your boys? It doesn't matter. Tell your wife and your kids to drop in on me whenever they have time. By the way, there is another thing I must get used to.
Mr. Clark: What's that?
Mrs. Hill: Your stereo system must be of the best quality. They are so loud that I can hear clearly.
Mr. Clark: The boys again. I'm very sorry, Mrs. Hill. I'll see to it.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-9-24 03:19 , Processed in 0.126454 second(s), 7 queries , Redis On.