注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 505|回复: 0

[[资源推荐]] 短语动词学习(F)

[复制链接]
happy4ever 该用户已被删除
发表于 2008-1-3 15:37:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
face up to (inseparable): admit to; take responsibility for.
[blockquote]\"You can't pretend that you're doing OK in this course, Joe. Sooner or later, you'll have to face up to the fact that you're failing it.\"
[/blockquote]
fall through (no object): not happen. (Note: describes something that was planned but didn't happen.)
[blockquote]\"We had originally intended to go to Mexico for our vacation, but our trip fell through when I got sick.\"
[/blockquote]
fall through (no object): not happen. (Note: describes something that was planned but didn't happen.)
[blockquote]\"We had originally intended to go to Mexico for our vacation, but our trip fell through when I got sick.\"
[/blockquote]
feel up to (inseparable): feel strong enough or comfortable enough to do something.
[blockquote]\"I know the accident was a terrible shock. Do you feel up to talking about it?\"
[/blockquote]
figure out (1. separable): logically find the answer to a problem; solve a problem by thinking about it carefully.
[blockquote]\"For a long time I couldn't understand the last problem, but I finally figured it out.\"
[/blockquote]
figure out (2. separable): understand why someone behaves the way she/he does.
[blockquote]\"I can't figure Margie out. Sometimes she's very warm and friendly and sometimes she acts as if she doesn't know me.\"
[/blockquote]
fill in (1. separable): add information to a form.
[blockquote]\"The office needs to know your home address and phone number. Could you fill them in on this form?\"
[/blockquote]
fill in (on) (2. separable): supply information that someone doesn't know.
[blockquote]\"I wasn't able to attend the meeting yesterday, but I understand that it was important. Could you fill me in? / Could you fill me in on what was discussed?\"
[/blockquote]
fill in for (inseparable): temporarily do someone else's work; temporarily substitute for another person.
[blockquote]\"rofessor Newton is in the hospital and won't be able to teach for the rest of the term. Do you know who's going to fill in for her?\"
[/blockquote]
fill out (1. separable): complete a form by adding required information.
[blockquote]\"Of course I completed my application! I filled it out and mailed it over three weeks ago!\"
[/blockquote]
fill out (2. no object): become less thin; gain weight.
[blockquote]\"Jerry used to be really skinny, but in the last year he's begun to fill out.\"
[/blockquote]
find out (about) (inseparable): learn / get information (about).
[blockquote]\"I'm sorry that you didn't know the meeting had been canceled. I didn't find out (find out about it) myself until just a few minutes ago.\"

[/blockquote]
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-9-23 01:26 , Processed in 0.115831 second(s), 7 queries , Redis On.