注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 449|回复: 0

[[资源推荐]] 短语动词学习(D)

[复制链接]
happy4ever 该用户已被删除
发表于 2008-1-1 11:00:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
do in (1. separable): cause to become very tired.
[blockquote]\"Those three games of tennis yesterday afternoon really did me in. I slept for ten hours after I got home.\"
[/blockquote]
do in (2. separable): to kill; to murder.
[blockquote]\"The said that the murdered man was done in between 10 and 11 o'clock last night.\"
[/blockquote]
do over (separable): do something again.
[blockquote]\"Oh, no! I forgot to save my report before I turned the computer off! Now I'll have to do it over!\"
[/blockquote]
drag on (no object): last much longer than expected or is necessary.
[blockquote]\"I thought the meeting would be a short one, but it dragged on for more than three hours.\"
[/blockquote]
draw up (separable): create a formal document.
[blockquote]\"The Ajax and Tip-Top Banks have decided to merge. Their lawyers will draw all the official documents up sometime this month.\"
[/blockquote]
drop off (separable): deliver something; deliver someone (by giving him/her a ride).
[blockquote]\"Yes, I can take those letters to the post office. I'll drop them off as I go home from work.\"
\"You don't have to take a taxi. You live fairly close to me, so I'll be happy to drop you off.\"
[/blockquote]
drop in (on) (inseparable): visit informally (and usually usually without scheduling a specific time).
[blockquote]\"If you're in town next month, we'd love to see you. Please try to drop in. (Please try to drop in on us.\"
[/blockquote]
drop by (inseparable): visit informally (and usually without scheduling a specific time).
[blockquote]\"If you're in town next month, we'd love to see you. Please try to drop by the house.\"
[/blockquote]
drop out (of) (inseparable): stop attending / leave school or an organization.
[blockquote]\"No, Paul isn't at the university. He dropped out. / He dropped out of school.\"
[/blockquote]
draw out (separable): prolong something (usually far beyond the normal limits).
[blockquote]\"I thought that speech would never end. The speaker could have said everything important in about five minutes, but he drew the speech out for over an hour!\"
[/blockquote]
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 21:20 , Processed in 0.127404 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.