找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 564|回复: 0

[[资源推荐]] Relax, the new exam's not that difficult

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-12-15 09:39:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I TOOK the \"old\" CET-4 test when I was in high school. Three years later, when I took the \"new\" CET-4 test, I found that the claims were true: It is more difficult than the old one.

But the updated test covers more practical knowledge, which, I believe, is actually a good thing for us students.

Reading Comprehension (skimming and scanning) is a new section on the CET-4 test. Test-takers must sort through a lot of information within a limited time frame (15 minutes). Most of my classmates complain that they couldn't finish this part in time.

But I think this part tests your skill in locating a specific piece of information, not interpreting each sentence. So here's my suggestion: Pay more attention to the logic and theme of the passage instead of wasting time trying to understand every word.

A lot of test-takers might also be worrying about the translation section. In my opinion, they should take it easy; it's not that difficult.

Usually, each sentence tests just one key point: an expression, a clause, or hyperbaton , or the tense. So remember to get that point correct and make the rest of the sentence logical. In that case, your answer should pass.

You'll have several minutes to read the test before beginning to write answers. Here's my advice based on my experience: Spend that time reading the Listening Comprehension questions instead of the Reading Comprehension questions.

Feel free to skip around. For example, you can warm up with the short Reading Comprehension passages before starting the long one.

Also, control your speed. Don't waste too much time on a single question.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 21:48 , Processed in 0.117139 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.