找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 634|回复: 0

[[原创地带]] My Mechanical Dictionary

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-12-8 23:10:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
You know translation, when you find no words to express your idea, you will fail. Especially in technical translation, a good dictionary is so necessary, as there are so many professional new words and expressions. As a foreign langugae learner, it is impossible for you to learn them all. What you need to do, is to look them up in the dictionary and fullfill your task on this basis.
  At the beginning, we translators hold very thick and very expensive dictionaries. Ordinary dictionary can't meet our needs. I still rememered when I was working in the translation companies in Xi'an City, I had worn several professional dictionaries. Looking up those professional words and expressions is really a troublesome. We almost spent half our time in doing this, still the result is not so good.
  Then we met digital dictionaries. As computer runners, we really found them convenient. The powerword dictionry serves us well, but is too big. You know it is divided into many ordinary and professional dictionaries, each time you look up a word, all the dictionaries will be claimed in the EMS memory of your computer. You will find a low efficiency and occasional bad files. We really need a digital dictionary that includes only the words we need, but not the ordinary words as students learn. Of course I mean, a dictionary suitable for professional translators. I eventually found one. That is in a forum, I happened to found it in a forum. Through its introduction, I know that was the just thing that I was looking for. I clicked on the link and found I need some prestige rewarded in that forum. The following days and months found me working busily in that forum for earning \"money and prestigue. After a long time, I got enough remarks and downloaded that dictionary. You can imagine my delight at that very moment.
  I the following years, that dictionry really helped me a lot. I need no more to look through the thick dictionaries or suffering the inconvinience powerword brought to me. It proved to be the most ideal one.
Today I am happen to share my precious thing in the forum of freeread.net, but I found no passion. Many people just come and go, they download from my link--which I can count from the where I stored the dictionary--but left not a single words. I think that I need something, even it is some criticisms or advices. But I received none.
But that is really my most precious thing. I want to show my goodness to the forum, but found my contributions not being rewarded as it deserves.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 04:17 , Processed in 0.132265 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.