找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 855|回复: 2

[[原创地带]] About Interpretation

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-12-5 22:15:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Today we are given a lecture by an interpretor. According to him, interpreting is nothing mysterious. Such a job need about only 1700 words in common use, in which there are about 1200 professional words from the very field, and some 200 frequent verbs and the others are those made by our Chinese and became popular.

But you must be devoted and be quick in response. You know we usually think of only one thing at one time, but interpretor must do two simutanuouly. That is really unbearable to a beginner. You see that in a the lecturer just talk talk and talk, as an interpretor, you need to you accept as much information but also need to transmit so much information into another system. During this process, you need to finish original words and sentences' accepting, understanding, and transmitting. The time left for you is no more than three senconds. Because after such a period, the listeners may be upset. Not to mention that you need to force yourself to think in two different ways at the same time.

So what is most helpful for you is to creat a system of easy but expressive symbol systems, which must suit your need and simple. This system include words, grammar, and context relationship. Any element need to find a symble their expression in these symbols. But the system no be too complecated. in that, it will become meaningless.

One book he had proposed is a book written by Mr. Ying Chaolun, who is a very famous interpretor trainer in China. In his book, there is a complete set of such symbol for our reference, as well as real meeting material of various kinds.

Some of the things need not to be translated, such as sometime the reporter say hello to the president or have an brief introduction of himself or herself by the name. You need not to give the name. Because if you do that, you drive yourself into corner. The reporters may came from different countries, their names are really unimaginable and so untraslatable. If you just give names of some but not the others, you will bring yourself much more trouble.

I wish you can benefit from what I repeat here of interpreting, if you are interested in it.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-12-6 08:30:45 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks very much!
Would you mind giving us the chinese name of "Ying Chaolun"?
I hope I can get the book!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-12-6 08:58:35 | 显示全部楼层
I wrote an essay On Interpretation before after a training.
http://cnc.readfree.net/bbs/read-htm-tid-4527550.html

BTW, the name should be "Lin Chaolun" 林超伦
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 07:39 , Processed in 0.115802 second(s), 4 queries , Redis On.