找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 870|回复: 0

[[原创地带]] On Interpretaion

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-10-20 09:09:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I wrote the following essay after a training on conference interpretation. Welcome discussion.

[align=justify]   Because of my love to English, I learn and practice English as more as I can. During the late spring holiday, I registered a 15-day training class of international conference interpretation, which charged me 2900 RMB and sounded quite a lot to me because I had to do much translation to earn it.

It’s in the class that I know how the interpreter can handle the conference interpretation in such a short time. They have to practice tremendously before starting their work. And there are many skills that can enable them to make efficient use of every tenth second. For instance, the note-taking is of the most importance. It consists of special symbols, numbers, core words as well as how to cope with the various relations between words and sentences. By the way, what kind of pen will you use? The answer is Zebra ball-point pen. And you had better use a plate and A4 paper which is 2-folded to make 4 even parts. Furthermore, there are many practices such as note-reading, on-sight interpretation, shadowing, iterance, tape practice and so on, and the techniques of readjustment, anticipation, reformulation, simplification and information equivalence should also apply during the interpretation.

Conference interpretation includes consecutive interpretation (CI, like the press conferences hosted by National People Congress) and simultaneous interpretation (SI, like the conferences hosted by the United Nation with many countries). SI, which needs interpretation after the original speaker starts half sentence, is more difficult with regard to CI, which needs interpretation after the original speaker finishes a paragraph in several minutes.

At present, china extremely lacks such professionals. The other day, I learned in a newspaper that Shanghai World Expo. only has qualified ones for ten halls. If you are interested in or had learned interpretation, maybe we can share some experiences. No pains, no gains. Let's pursue our dreams with great efforts.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 04:11 , Processed in 0.119710 second(s), 4 queries , Redis On.