查看: 537|回复: 0

[[资源推荐]] 含有moon的英语习语

[复制链接]
happy4ever 该用户已被删除
发表于 2007-10-9 11:07:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
含有moon的英语习语
ask for the moon
cry for the moon
If you say that someone is asking for the moon or is crying for the moon, you mean that they are asking for something that they cannot possibly have.
We're not asking for the moon, but we are asking for some stability so that we can continue the progress that has been made and not go backwards.
`What I'd like is for my grandson no longer to have that need.' `Then I'm afraid,' said Moira, `that you're crying for the moon.'

bay at the moon  
howl at the moon
If you say that someone is baying at the moon, you mean that they are wasting their time and energy trying to do something which is impossible or to get something which they cannot have. You can also say that they are howling at the moon.
Asking for improved childcare provision has so far proved as fruitful as baying at the moon.
The much-vaunted watchdog which was supposed to stop the worst excesses of private ownership appears to be reduced to howling vainly at the moon.

once in a blue moon
Something that happens once in a blue moon is very rare and hardly ever happens.
Only once in a blue moon do properties of this quality, style and position become available.
I only get over to Cambridge once in a blue moon and I'm never in London.

over the moon
If you are over the moon about something, you are very happy about it. This expression is used mainly in spoken British English.
I'm over the moon about the way this album turned out.
flew off to Los Angeles last week having told friends that they are expecting their first baby. They are over the moon, I'm told.

promise the moon  
If someone promises the moon, they promise to give people things that they cannot in fact possibly give them.
Such over-generosity provides no incentive for depositors to choose their banks carefully and every incentive for banks to lure customers by promising the moon.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-9-28 20:17 , Processed in 0.115746 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.