Publication Date:  2006-04-03
Sales Rank:  11370
ISBN / ASIN:  1416023208
EAN:  9781416023203
Binding:  Paperback
Manufacturer:  Saunders
Studio:  Saunders
Average Rating:  5

Featuring a focus on mechanisms, this popular reference comprehensively covers important concepts in physiology, both at the organ system and cellular levels. Easy to read and user-friendly, the revised third edition stresses essential read.freeduan.com and relevant content with absolute clarity and includes concise step-by-step explanations complemented by numerous tables and abundant illustrations. It provides information on the underlying principles of cellular physiology, the autonomic nervous system, and neurophysiology, as well as the cardiovascular, respiratory, renal, acid-base, gastrointestinal, endocrine, and reproductive organ systems.

Review:

Fantastic book

I have searched long and hard to find a great Physiology book, and I found it in Professor Constanzo's book. It is a fantastic book that I enjoyed so much,that helped me tremendously before my Step 1, and that I use even now (I am an intern) when I want to review a physiology concept. So, I highly recommend it to everyone. It is extremely well written, the concepts are extremely well taught and it has clinical correlations, too.
Therefore, I only wish that Professor Constanzo had added a chapter on the physiology of blood (blood components, hemostasis), which apparently she has not done in this edition.
Other than that I have only great things to say about this book!

Review:

Wish I found it sooner

After finishing my first year of med school, I can definitely say that this book would have been a great read while going through the med physiology course. I recently purchased this book with the intentions of using it as a supplement to Costanzo's condensed BRS physiology book, but I find myself actually enjoying this full text. I say use them both, especially while taking the course!

Review:

Do not look any further!! Get this book!! You will NOT be disappointed!!

Put all your other medical physiology books aside and crack this one open. Linda Costanzo does an incredible and thorough job of teaching the complexities of human physiology. The pages are well balanced with text and color graphics -- with the difficult concepts being well illustrated. Because Costanzo teaches so efficiently, you'll find that you have more time to review the difficult concepts and to savor the intriguing ones.

Once you get this book, spread the good word to your colleagues. If you don't, you'll feel bad once you see them shuffling out of the exam with solemn blank stares.

Review:

The best Physiology Book I ever read!!!

This is an awesome book. Very helpful in preparing for Medical School!!!!

Review:

Self-Study Physio? Doable with Costanzo!

My classmates and I were the first students of a new physiology professor at our university. Due to the professor's unorganized yet detailed notes that did not correspond to our textbook and a lack of teaching skills for our curriculum, I not only had to review Physio for Step1 but learn it as well. Although Costanzo's BRS Physio is great, it assumes a baseline understanding. Big Costanzo is great! Not only could I finish it within a week, but I understand it! She is adept at emphasizing the significant aspects of physio without sounding redundant: for example, she will state the important general picture within the first paragraph, restate the broad idea immediately prior to giving further descriptions, and then sum everything up at the end. She understands that not everyone learns the same way and incorporates all modes of relaying information within this book: her tables, concept maps, format of the text, and question sections are all easy to follow. I only wish I had purchased this book instead of our \"required medical text\" that cost 2x as much but won't be used proportionally.

http://mihd.net/bdyjax

http://rapidshare.com/files/60064570/PHGY.rar
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 12:25 , Processed in 0.107900 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.