热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 450|回复: 0

[[资源推荐]] 含有history的成语

[复制链接]
goto1 该用户已被删除
发表于 2007-10-5 13:00:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

含有history的成语
be history

If you say that an event, thing, or person is history, you mean that they are no longer important, relevant, or interesting. This expression is used mainly in spoken English.

He sometimes wonders if he made the right choice the age of 12 when he decided to give up football. which he represented Surrey as a `I might have made it in football, but that's all history now.'

If you forget to do your homework, you're out -- fail to pay attention, you're history.

The Charlottetown agreement is history.

the rest is history

If you are telling someone about an event and you say the rest is history, you mean that you do not need to say any more because you are sure that everyone is familiar with what happened next.

A job with the was advertised in The Daily Telegraph. I applied and the rest is history.

After Saint medical discharge, Berge, a failed painter who had transformed himself into a business manager for the artist Bernard hospital, he persuaded to start his own house, which he did in 1961. The rest is history.

After a few more secretarial jobs, she wrote to Brown editor Tatler. suppose that Tina might not have given me a chance if she had not known my parents,' says Shulman. She wrote one piece for them, was offered a staff job and the rest, as they say, is history.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-9-29 02:16 , Processed in 0.130422 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.