Publication Date: 2006-11-08
Sales Rank: 56354
ISBN / ASIN: 0849390575
EAN: 9780849390579
Binding: Hardcover
Manufacturer: Informa Healthcare
Studio: Informa Healthcare
Average Rating: 5

For busy clinicians, residents, and fellows continually challenged with a rapidly expanding body of cardiology information, this expertly conceived Third Edition of a best-selling textbook provides a contemporary succinct distillation of the current status of cardiovascular knowledge and disease. From specific diseases to particular signs, symptoms, and patient concerns, including pregnancy and heart disease and cardiac emergency, this easily readable textbook guides the reader through all the essential information required to skillfully approach professional examinations and practice state-of-the-art clinical patient care.

Review:

Not just for doctors!

Excellent resource book that is written clearly enough for people who are not necessarily medically trained. Reading the chapter on my own heart condition allowed me to have a great conversation with my cardiologist that went beyond the usual \"this is what you have, take these pills, see me again in 6 months....\". This book is great!

Review:

Good review book

Very good review for Cardiology Boards. Not necessarily an easy read but the review books which are as such tend to be too simple. This is probably a good happy medium between the quickie review books and a Braunwald's

Review:

very good

very efficient delivery.
product in very good state.

Review:

concise but not as good as previous versions

This is the standard by which most other Cardiology board review texts are measured. This new version is not as readable in my opinion as its previous version. The whole reason I bought it was to avoid the Brunwauld-esque style, but alas I think this text book is becoming like the Braunwald text which certainly is not a review book. On the other hand, the ECG section in outline format was too bare bones. All in all, not the greatest review book in the world but not too many viable alternatives when trying to review for Cardiology Boards. I guess it's the only game in town.

Review:

Better than others

Unfortunately, there is a dearth of \"cardiology-review books\", especially when it comes to ABIM Cardiology Boards preparation. There is NOT a single review book written keeping in mind that it has be used ONLY for ABIM cardiology boards. This book at least tries to achieve this goal, but does a mediocre job. It has many expert academicians as its authors; agreed; but it did not achieve its primary goal. Do you any better choices, unfortunately NOT.

The primary goal of a review book is to remain focused, cut the extra fat and present to it readers \"only the needed facts\". In medical academia, there are three levels of books, in my humble opinion. FIRST, the standard texts, which are written primarily for the thorough discussion of the disease and serve as reference books, in cardiology its example will be Hurst's textbook. SECOND, the review books, which are primarily written to pass the exams and it assumes that the reader has the basic understanding of the subject. THIRD, the in-between books which claim to be review books but goes beyond the \"call of duty\" and starts explaining pathophysiology and unrelated material which is extremely redundant approach for a review book.

Mayo Clinic Cardiology Review 2nd Ed belongs to third category. But then why it is popular and why I am reading it, moreover why I am writing such an extensive review? Because, we don't have any decent book for second category, so this is the logical choice till someone writes a better review-book (a real review book, not 1381 paged book). I hope that while writing the third edition Joseph G. Murphy MD keeps in mind that this is a \"REVIEW BOOK\" not a \"TEXTBOOK\"!

Imran S. Virk MD
Fellow, Division of Cardiology
Department of Internal Medicine
Michigan State University, East Lansing

http://rapidshare.com/files/58178057/Murp0849390575.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/58176434/Murp0849390575.part1.rar
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 21:30 , Processed in 0.140627 second(s), 4 queries , Redis On.