Publication Date: 2005-02-25
Sales Rank: 65863
ISBN / ASIN: 1416023895
EAN: 9781416023890
Binding: Paperback
Manufacturer: Saunders
Studio: Saunders
Average Rating: 4.5

This highly acclaimed text is now more up to date than ever! The Updated 5th Edition features new information and free access to a full-text online edition, images, animations, and much more at the
brand-new STUDENT CONSULT website. Readers will continue to enjoy the current, concise, and straightforward approach to the field that made previous editions so popular. Theyll understand the experimental observations that underlie the science of immunology at the molecular, cellular, and whole organism leveland explore the conclusions that can be drawn from those observations.

The smart way to study!
Elsevier titles with STUDENT CONSULT will help you master difficult concepts and study more efficiently in print and online! Perform rapid searches. Integrate bonus content from other disciplines. Download text to your handheld device. And a lot more. Each STUDENT CONSULT title comes with full text online, a unique image library, case studies, USMLE style questions, and online note-taking to enhance your learning experience.

Review:

Book explains concepts well

Immunology is not an easy concept to digest at first, but luckily this book explains the difficult topics quite well. With any subject that deals with explaining molecular processes, both the descriptions and diagrams take great importance and I feel that this book for the most part addresses both very efficiently.

Review:

A truly beautiful book

Few books are illustrated this well, and while the book suffers from the absence of a glossary, it is incredibly well written, with sufficient detail that you are sure you are getting the full story.

The author is not targeting me (a dilettante if ever there was one) but I find I can make my way through 99% of the book without questions or issues, and what I need help with I can find on the internet or by asking doctor friends.

If you are truly interested in how the immune system works, in some detail, this is a wonderful book.

Review:

Excellent Intro to the subject

For the advanced reader, I like Janeway's text better because of the depth of information presented, but for an introductory class, Abbas is more accessable and understandable in the introductory chapters. I recommend using them in tandem, I do! The figures are good, but interestingly enough, the illustrations in all the major texts on immunology are largely the same! If you need a CD with illustrations (you are an instructor or want to use them for a presentation etc) I recommend the CD accompanying Peter Parham's text book.

Review:

Excellent intro, the way a textbook should be

My only immunology background was in medical school in the early 80s. I bought this book to try to get a basic grasp on what immunology is about now, 20 years later. This book is excellent for that. As other reviewers have commented, the material is well organized and illustrated. The illustrations are numerous enough and detailed enough to almost form an outline in their own right.
While there is considerable repetition, I consider that this is one of the best features of the book for a newcomer such as I. The repetition is clearly very intentional, not the result of disorganization or sloppy editing. Rather it is enough to let the reader grasp both the forest and the trees. It also lets you, to some extent, read from any section of the book without being totally lost if you don't remember the previous material.

Review:

Primer on the subject

The title of the book says it all: this book treats the expertise of immunology at the cellular and molecular level. It approaches the subject through a collection of explanations of experimental observations. Neither am I a physician nor a medical student, I find this book very comprehensible and helpful in explaining the principles of molecular biology/biochemistry [along with my expertise in chemistry] pertinent to the HIV virus. The book is abound with illustrations and pictorials though the authors at times drag on repeating concepts. The section on effector mechanisms of the immune responses is done in excellent gory details. Tons of illustrations, graphics making understanding of biochemical and immunological mechanisms a less strenuous task. For example, the HIV virus, the book will cover the abnormal events that occur at the first contact of the HIV virus. Then it talks about the virus mechanisms and the effect on the immune response. This 5th edition has been revised and now includes new info and materials about the lymphoid organs and innate immunity mechanism. I recommend it to medical students, pre-meds, and all health care professionals. 4.0 stars.

http://mihd.net/9x57zd

http://rapidshare.com/files/57576775/CMIMM.rar
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-10-4 01:28 , Processed in 0.113594 second(s), 4 queries , Redis On.