找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 465|回复: 0

[【资源下载】] Clinical Calculations Made Easy: Solving Problems Using Dimensional Analysis,

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-9-24 00:57:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Clinical Calculations Made Easy: Solving Problems Using Dimensional Analysis, 3/e 2004
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Number Of Pages: 272
Publication Date: 2004-06-01
Sales Rank: 265264
ISBN / ASIN: 0781748380
EAN: 9780781748384
Binding: Paperback
Manufacturer: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Studio: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Average Rating: 1

This straightforward approach to dimensional analysis incorporates the simple to complex strategy while focusing on understanding how to problem solve. The Third Edition includes more practice problems, more case studies, and new features: Preventing Medication Errors and Solving Pediatric Problems. Pedagogy includes numerous exercises and actual drug labels throughout, as well as tear-out tests at the end of each chapter for faculty evaluation. A free CD-ROM containing more than 100 extra calculation problems is included with this edition. The ancillary package includes an Instructor's Resource CD-ROM.

Review:

Wordy, out-of-touch with real world medication therapy and anything but, \"made easy.\"

Simply stated, too much of this book reads like a verbose dissertation. For instance, \"The 4.5ml/hr is the wanted quantity and is the answer to the problem.\" p. 142

Wanted quantity...what's wrong with, \"4.5ml/hr is the answer!\"

This type of wordiness is evident throughout the book and is totally without merit.

The author has developed equations called, \"sequential method\", and \"random method\" to problem solve. Nurses don't need to re-think simple math. The authors' computations are confusing...and I've been calculating drips for 10 years.

Finally, I'd like to comment on the drug conentrations used in problems. On page 141, Dobutamine is used in a problem with a concentration of 250mg/50cc. I understand that, theoretically, a nurse should be able to solve any drip problem. And perhaps the patient required extremely strict fluid parameters. But rarely, if ever, would a nurse see this concentration in real life. This drug has come premixed for years. Mixing is antiquated and, potentially, a step when errors can occur.

Still presenting drams and grains--without at least noting the utter abandonment of such measurements in this day and age--is a disservice to any new nurse.

New nurses should be presented with real-life scenarios in order to build strong clinical foundations.

These authors, I feel, are completely out of touch with contemporary hospital practices and should not be authoring critical information.

http://rapidshare.com/files/57479038/CCAME.rar
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-10-4 03:28 , Processed in 0.115488 second(s), 4 queries , Redis On.