Publication Date: 2007-06-14
Sales Rank: 393256
ISBN / ASIN: 0881634514
EAN: 9780881634518
Binding: Hardcover
Manufacturer: The Analytic Press
Studio: The Analytic Press
Average Rating: 5

Over the past two decades, the use of medication combined with psychotherapy or psychoanalysis has shifted from an infrequent occurrence to common practice. Concurrently, attitudes toward medication have changed from viewing this intervention as disruptive or as a last resort to a welcome aid in the psychotherapeutic or psychoanalytic process. However, this relatively rapid change has created difficulty in the integration of medication use into the psychotherapeutic setting. Psychotherapy and Medication is an exceptionally valuable and timely volume that provides psychoanalysts, psychotherapists, and other mental health professionals with information on how to work with medication theoretically, clinically, and technically in the context of a psychotherapeutic or psychoanalytic treatment.

Review:

An excellent and very important book

I can think of no better article or book that makes the case for the importance of psychotherapy and the psychodynamic factors involved with medication management. Reading the many vignettes was like taking a course in analytically oriented therapy. I see too many psychiatrists being told or trained to see patients for \"15 minute medication management.\" This book probably makes the best case for psychiatrists doing both therapy and prescribing (Drs. Busch and Sandberg were evenhanded in the \"Split Treatment\" chapter. However, after reading the book, I was more focused on the problems with this practice. I don't believe the majority of psychiatrists and therapists work as closely as the ones portrayed in most of the vignettes). Congratulations to Drs. Busch and Sandberg on writing an excellent and very important book!
Jeffrey B. Freedman, MD

http://mihd.net/tb0x56

http://rapidshare.com/files/55678415/busc0881634514.rar
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-10-4 15:39 , Processed in 0.098308 second(s), 4 queries , Redis On.