# Publication Date:  2006-08-29
# Sales Rank:  166292
# ISBN / ASIN:  0472031953
# EAN:  9780472031955
# Binding:  Paperback
# Manufacturer:  Digital Culture Books
# Studio:  Digital Culture Books

Book Description:

“The essays collected in this book are sparkling, imaginative pieces of journalism that just happen to be about technology. People steeped in the world of AJAX or Massively Mulitplayer Online Games will find a lot to value here, but so will readers simply in search of good writing.”
—James Fallows, National Correspondent for Atlantic Monthly

“The human experience is being shaped by our symbiotic relationship to technology. What makes this collection wonderful is that it’s not about the technology, per se, but it’s about this changing human experience. I will look forward to it every year.”
—Po Bronson, author of What Should I Do With My Life?

The Best of Technology Writing 2006 brings together some of the most important, timely, and just plain readable writing in the fast-paced, high-stakes field of technology. The first annual collection to target this vibrant and versatile area, The Best of Technology Writing 2006 features innovative work from an unusually diverse array of writers: best-selling authors, noted academics, and indie journalists and bloggers. The culmination of an open, on-line nominating process, this collection covers topics ranging from jetpacks, to the ethics of genetically cloned pets, to the meaning of life in the information age. By turns epic and intimate, serious and playful, The Best of Technology Writing 2006 captures the vitality, importance, and complexity of technology today. Koerner
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-9-30 06:31 , Processed in 0.110673 second(s), 4 queries , Redis On.