注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 574|回复: 0

[【资源下载】] The Process of New Drug Discovery and Development, Second Edition

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-9-5 10:54:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The Process of New Drug Discovery and Development, Second Edition

The Process of New Drug Discovery and Development, Second Edition presents a practical methodology and up-to-date scientific information for maximizing the ability of a multidisciplinary research team to discover and bring new drugs to the marketplace. This new edition reports on the scientific advances in new drug discovery and development for areas such as combinatorial chemistry, screening technologies, metabonomics, and preclinical testing. It also greatly expands its focus on the business aspects of bringing drugs to market and offers coverage of essential topics for companies involved in drug development, such as the financial aspects of establishing a start-up pharmaceutical enterprise, the regulatory process, risk assessment, liability and litigation, and patent law.

Review:

Uninformative and Painful to Read

Having recently entered the business of analyzing drug discovery and drug development opportunities, and seeking an exposé of the overall process to serve as a checklist, I did some searching on Amazon.com and purchased this book. The content was very disappoining, as what I learned was little more than a series of platitudes and definitions of words. I can forgive this, and attribute it to my failure to assess the target audience of the book. The content likely would be informative to a person who knows nothing about the drug discovery process.

What motivates me to write this review is that this book contains the worse pros I have ever seen in print. The abuse of the English language is so severe that the text is painful to read. The editing is atrocious. Every third clause is redundant, and the author never hesitates to use ten words where three would do. Whole paragraphs could be removed without diminishing the information content. Randomly chosen example: \"Another function that specialized computer experts handle, in conjunction with their colleagues in the chemistry department, is the computational chemistry operation for the design of new molecules.\" How about: \"Computer experts also work with chemists to design new molecules by computation.\" The author or his editor appeared to be consciously trying to make the book longer. Technical writing is rarely elegant, but there is no excuse for such writing.

Publisher:  Informa Healthcare
Number Of Pages:  688
Publication Date:  2006-06-23
http://rapidshare.com/files/5286 ... and_Development.pdf
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-10-5 05:24 , Processed in 0.099883 second(s), 4 queries , Redis On.