找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 510|回复: 0

[【资源下载】] Signaling Networks and Cell Cycle Control : The Molecular Basis of Cancer and

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-9-2 14:23:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Signaling Networks and Cell Cycle Control : The Molecular Basis of Cancer and Other Diseases (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development, 5) (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development)

Publisher:  Humana Press
Number Of Pages:  592
Publication Date:  2000-04
Sales Rank:  1604463
ISBN / ASIN:  089603710X
EAN:  9780896037106
Binding:  Hardcover
Manufacturer:  Humana Press
Studio:  Humana Press
Average Rating:  5

Leading scientists summarize the latest findings on signal transduction and cell cycle regulation and describe the effort to design and synthesize inhibiting molecules, as well as to evaluate their biochemical and biological activities. They review the relevant cell surface receptors, their ligands, and their downstream pathways. Also examined are the latest findings on the components of novel signaling networks controlling the activity of nuclear transcription factors and cell cycle regulatory molecules. Cutting-edge and highly suggestive, Signaling Networks and Cell Cycle Control: The Molecular Basis of Cancer and Other Diseases presents a wealth of information on the emerging principles of the field, as well as an invaluable guide for all experimental and clinical investigators of cell regulation and its rapidly emerging pharmacological opportunities today.

Review:

Two thumbs up.

This book contains a collection of excellent reviews on various signalling molecules. It examines the most important singaling pathways in cells and provides an clear understanding of the differnt compenents of each pathway and their complex interactions. Excellent reference for any researcher interested in signaling and a great starting place for a comprehensive review on the topic of your interest. I approached this book as primer for signaling pathways before I embarked on graduate studies. It helped me a lot in gaining an understanding of the Wnt pathway, which I was interested in. However, the same can be accomplished by using reviews from peer reviewed journals. I think the the most wonderful thing about this book is that it covers most of the important signaling pathways extensively in a single volume. The drawback is that this is not an introductory text. Highly recommended for graduate students interested in signaling but who already have an understanding of the basic concepts.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-10-5 09:26 , Processed in 0.107929 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.