找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 840|回复: 10

[[求助与讨论]] 【Need your advice】"None of your business!"  And

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-6-24 23:13:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

I have just come back from the duty in charge of the evening classes. Today it's my duty, which takes me two hours and a half to look after the students' evening study, making sure there's no much noise and misbehavior.
     During the evening class, I found one of the students not doing her homework. I said to her, \"lease come to my office. I'll have a word with you.\" She replied, \"I have much work to do. I've no time.

\" When do you have time?\"
   \" After the evening class, I'll go to my dormitory and I'll have a bath!\"
   \" Then tomorrow, are you free?\"
   \" No. After the final exams! Or after the end of this term!\"
   \" Since you've done a bad job? Can't I have a talk with you?\"
   \" My bad performance is my own! It's none of your business! Don't you think it's a failure to you as a teacher? You will never have a chance to talk with me? It has become irritating!\"
     All the students burst into a good laughter.
     How can I deal with such a girl student? Let her be or ...?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-6-24 23:43:38 | 显示全部楼层
finanlly....
ur a high school teacher, aren't u?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-6-24 23:44:57 | 显示全部楼层
After reading your story, my first reaction is to persuade you to let her be. My impression of this student is that she cannot be taught.

But I am an onlooker. Your observation is decisive in this case. The decision is yours.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-6-25 00:04:08 | 显示全部楼层
Everyone could be educated, the difference is HOW TO
Every educator should remember this.

DON'T try to be her old daddy, and no matter whatever she does, she does not deserve being publicly shamed.
You may try some other tactic, such as write her a note and make some friendly suggestions.
Moreover, you don't have to point this out immediately. You could be more patient. Perhaps you could try to make some hobby coversation with her, and share her spare-time life. Get to know her more, and don't be too judgemental even she is wrong. Young girls are sensitive. If feeling embarrasment, who knows what she will do?
Anyway, don't push your students too harsh. Show more concern and your students may appreciate your understanding.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-6-25 00:08:44 | 显示全部楼层
A question: How old is this student?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-6-25 00:11:26 | 显示全部楼层
must be no more than 20。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-6-25 21:14:35 | 显示全部楼层

resonance   白马西北驰

Thank you both for your patient notice of my post.

The saying goes,
         There exist only teachers who don't know how to teach tactfully instead of unteachable students.
          But the reality often says a different thing! I doubt whether it's my foolishness that led to the result.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-6-25 21:50:04 | 显示全部楼层
it's all about your language art
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-6-26 08:38:57 | 显示全部楼层
I have ever met the guys like this, it will be very annoying, I think , if you want do the things
well, maybe you can try some other ways.

That girl must feel that her suffer a insult from you, as you ask her to your office in public. She must be have a strong self-respect.

so you can find her in private and talk to her friendly, you can play a role as her good friends not as her teacher, in this way, maybe she can understand you and accept you.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-6-26 11:38:00 | 显示全部楼层
I don't think this could be a good idea.
try to meet this girl in private.

maybe it will lead to some things beyond your imagination.........
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-7-1 01:31:41 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 04:31 , Processed in 0.134594 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.