查看: 423|回复: 3

[[求助与讨论]] 高盛招聘主管答FT读者问(五)

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-4-5 19:32:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
高盛招聘主管答FT读者问(五)

时间: 2007年04月02日 07:52  作者:文/Aaron Marcus 译者/陈家易  来源:金融时报
GOLDMAN SACHS- Q&A

Dear Mr Marcus,
What opportunities do you offer to postgraduates who may not be good at Mathematics but strong in leadership as well attention to details? I am a postgraduate at London School of Economics. At the moment, I am studying MSc Human Resource Management. I'm also considering the option of becoming an analyst. However, Mathematics is my weakness. Can you give me some advice? Finally, thank you for your article published at FT. I really like it.
Best Regards,

Liyu
Liyu,
Thanks for your question and your feedback. As a general rule, we look to hire students who are comfortable in mathematics, but the need for advanced study, extremely high standardized scores and focus on this skill varies by division. While many roles require sophisticated mathematical analysis and strong quantitative ability, others require little more than access to a calculator and easily copied formulas. You note that you are studying Human Resource Management. We have many opportunities in this area, and they vary in terms of the amount of math demanded. For areas like Compensation and Benefits we look for people who are very comfortable with numbers, but there is less math aptitude required in areas like Wellness, Training, or Recruiting. In our other areas of business, divisions like Global Investment Research place more of a premium on writing skills, and areas like Operations greatly stress attention to detail and ability to improve processes. You will also find as you move up that leadership skills become increasingly more important and you will have more junior employees who can do the number crunching for you. The key to progressing is focusing on your positives and not drawing attention to your weaknesses - marketing yourself as someone with strong writing and leadership skills rather than as someone who is challenged by math.
高盛招聘主管答FT读者问(五)

亲爱的马库斯先生,
认真阅读你在FT上的文章后,希望你能回答下面这个问题:如果一个毕业生既具有领导能力又很注意细节, 但不擅长数学,你们公司接受这样的人才吗?
我目前就读于伦敦政治经济学院,专业是人力资源管理。 我对加入您们公司成为一名分析师很感兴趣,可是数学是我的弱项。 希望您能针对我的情况给些建议。

最后,非常感谢您在FT商学院发表的文章,我很喜欢。
祝好,
丽羽
丽羽:
感谢你的问题和反馈。作为一条普遍原则,我们着眼于聘用有数学基础的学生,但对程度深浅和标准化考试分数的要求,以及对这一技能的关注程度,会因部门而异。虽然许多职位要求复杂的数学分析和强大的量化能力,但也有职位只需使用计算器和简单的公式。你提到,你正在攻读人力资源管理。我们在这个领域有许多机会,它们对数学的要求各不相同。在薪酬福利部门,我们需要数字能力强的人,但在保健、培训和招聘部门,对数学才能的要求则要低得多。在我们的其它业务领域,全球投资研究(Global Investment Research)等部门更看重写作能力,业务部(Operations)等则非常强调对细节的关注和改善流程的能力。你还会发现,随着你的提升,领导能力将变得日益重要,你会有更多下属,他们会帮你捣弄数字。取得进展的关键,是强调自己的优点,而不是引导别人注意自己的弱点——推销自己时要说自己有优秀的写作和领导能力,而不要说自己的数学不行。
亚伦•马库斯(Aaron Marcus) (编辑:赵露)
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-4-5 20:33:56 | 显示全部楼层
what is FT?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-4-5 22:34:37 | 显示全部楼层
引用第1楼peonk于2007-04-05 20:33发表的 :
what is FT?
Finance Time
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-4-5 23:56:15 | 显示全部楼层
thanks ^_^
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-10-8 22:57 , Processed in 0.199676 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.