注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 1188|回复: 11

世界上美丽的英文

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-3-30 21:09:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第一篇:
A Grain of Sand 一粒沙子  William Blake/威廉.布莱克 To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild fllower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. 从一粒沙子看到一个世界, 从一朵野花看到一个天堂, 把握在你手心里的就是无限, 永恒也就消融于一个时辰。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-3-30 21:10:40 | 显示全部楼层
第二篇:Love Your Life  热爱生活   
Henry David Thoreau/享利.大卫.梭罗 However mean your life is,meet it and live it ;do not shun it and call it hard names.It is not so bad as you are.It looks poorest when you are richest.The fault-finder will find faults in paradise.Love your life,poor as it is.You may perhaps have some pleasant,thrilling,glorious hourss,even in a poor-house.The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man's abode;the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,and have as cheering thoughts,as in a palace.The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.May be they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.Most think that they are above being supported by the town;but it often happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means.which should be more disreputable.Cultivate poverty like a garden herb,like sage.Do not trouble yourself much to get new things,whether clothes or friends,Turn the old,return to them.Things do not change;we change.Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts. 不论你的生活如何卑*,你要面对它生活,不要躲避它,更别用恶言咒骂它。它不像你那样坏。你最富有的时候,倒是看似最穷。爱找缺点的人就是到天堂里也能找到缺点。你要爱你的生活,尽管它贫穷。甚至在一个济贫院里,你也还有愉快、高兴、光荣的时候。夕阳反射在济贫院的窗上,像身在富户人家窗上一样光亮;在那门前,积雪同在早春融化。我只看到,一个从容的人,在哪里也像在皇宫中一样,生活得心满意足而富有愉快的思想。城镇中的穷人,我看,倒往往是过着最独立不羁的生活。也许因为他们很伟大,所以受之无愧。大多数人以为他们是超然的,不靠城镇来支援他们;可是事实上他们是往往利用了不正当的手段来对付生活,他们是毫不超脱的,毋宁是不体面的。视贫穷如园中之花而像圣人一样耕植它吧!不要找新的花样,无论是新的朋友或新的衣服,来麻烦你自己。找旧的,回到那里去。万物不变,是我们在变。你的衣服可以卖掉,但要保留你的思想
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-3-30 21:11:27 | 显示全部楼层
The pure.the bright,the beautiful, 一切纯洁的,辉煌的,美丽的, That stirred our hearts in youth, 强烈地震撼着我们年轻的心灵的, The impulses to wordless prayer, 推动着我们做无言的祷告的, The dreams of love and truth; 让我们梦想着爱与真理的; The longing after something's lost, 在失去后为之感到珍惜的, The spirit's yearning cry, 使灵魂深切地呼喊着的, The striving after better hopes- 为了更美好的梦想而奋斗着的- These things can never die. 这些美好不会消逝。 The timid hand stretched forth to aid 羞怯地伸出援助的手, A brother in his need, 在你的弟兄需要的时候, A kindly word in grief's dark hour 伤恸、困难的时候,一句亲切的话 That proves a friend indeed ; 就足以证明朋友的真心; The plea for mercy softly breathed, 轻声地乞求怜悯, When justice threatens nigh, 在审判临近的时候, The sorrow of a contrite heart- 懊悔的心有一种伤感-- These things shall never die. 这些美好不会消逝。 Let nothing pass for every hand 在人间传递温情 Must find some work to do ; 尽你所能地去做; Lose not a chance to waken love- 别错失去了唤醒爱的良机----- Be firm,and just ,and true; 为人要坚定,正直,忠诚; So shall a light that cannot fade 因此上方照耀着你的那道光芒 Beam on thee from on high. 就不会消失。 And angel ***s say to thee---你将听到天使的声音在说----- These things shall never die. 这些美好不会消逝
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-3-30 21:12:37 | 显示全部楼层
Think it over……好好想想…… Today we have higher buildings and wider highways,but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view; 今天我们拥有了更高层的楼宇以及更宽阔的公路,但是我们的性情却更为急躁,眼光也更加狭隘; We spend more,but enjoy less; 我们消耗的更多,享受到的却更少; We have bigger houses,but smaller famillies; 我们的住房更大了,但我们的家庭却更小了; We have more compromises,but less time; 我们妥协更多,时间更少; We have more knowledge,but less judgment; 我们拥有了更多的知识,可判断力却更差了; We have more medicines,but less health; 我们有了更多的药品,但健康状况却更不如意; We have multiplied out possessions,but reduced out values; 我们拥有的财富倍增,但其价值却减少了; We talk much,we love only a little,and we hate too much; 我们说的多了,爱的却少了,我们的仇恨也更多了; We reached the Moon and came back,but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors; 我们可以往返月球,但却难以迈出一步去亲近我们的左邻右舍; We have conquered the uter space,but not our inner space; 我们可以征服外太空,却征服不了我们的内心; We have highter income,but less morals; 我们的收入增加了,但我们的道德却少了; These are times with more liberty,but less joy; 我们的时代更加自由了,但我们拥有的快乐时光却越来越少; We have much more food,but less nutrition; 我们有了更多的食物,但所能得到的营养却越来越少了; These are the days in which it takes two salaries for each home,but divorces increase; 现在每个家庭都可以有双份收入,但离婚的现象越来越多了; These are times of finer houses,but more broken homes; 现在的住房越来越精致,但我们也有了更多破碎的家庭; That's why I propose,that as of today; 这就是我为什么要说,让我们从今天开始; You do not keep anything for a special occasion.because every day that you live is a SPECIAL OCCASION. 不要将你的东西为了某一个特别的时刻而预留着,因为你生活的每一天都是那么特别; Search for knowledge,read more ,sit on your porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs; 寻找更我的知识,多读一些书,坐在你家的前廊里,以赞美的眼光去享受眼前的风景,不要带上任何功利的想法; Spend more time with your family and friends,eat your favorite foods,visit the places you love; 花多点时间和朋友与家人在一起,吃你爱吃的食物,去你想去的地方; Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment;not only about survival; 生活是一串串的快乐时光;我们不仅仅是为了生存而生存; Use your crystal goblets.Do not save your best perfume,and use it every time you feel you want it. 举起你的水晶酒杯吧。不要吝啬洒上你最好的香水,你想用的时候就享用吧! Remove from your vocabulary phrases like"one of these days"or "someday"; 从你的词汇库中移去所谓的“有那么一天”或者“某一天”; Let's write that letter we thought of writing "one of these days"! 曾打算“有那么一天”去写的信,就在今天吧! Let's tell our families and friends how much we love them; 告诉家人和朋友,我们是多么地爱他们; Do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life; 不要延迟任何可以给你的生活带来欢笑与快乐的事情; Every day,every hour,and every minute is special; 每一天、每一小时、每一分钟都是那么特别; And you don't know if it will be your last. 你无从知道这是否最后刻
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-3-30 21:13:21 | 显示全部楼层
The life I desired 我所追求的生活 That must be the story of innumerable couples,and the pattern of lifeof life it offers has a homely grace.It reminds you of a placid rivulet,meandering smoohtly through green pastures and shaded by pleasant trees,till at last it falls into the vasty sea;but the sea is so calm,so silent,so infifferent,that you are troubled suddently by a vague uneasiness.Perhaps it is only by a kink in my nature,strong in me even in those days,that i felt in such an existence,the share of the great majority,something amiss.I recognized its social value.I saw its ordered happiness,but a fever in my blood asked for a wilder course.There seemed to me something alarming in such easy delights.In my heart was desire to live more dangerously.I was not unprepared for jagged rocks and treacherous,shoals it I could only have change-change and the exicitement of unforeseen. 这一定是世间无数对夫妻的生活写照,这种生活模式给人一种天伦之美。它使人想起一条平静的溪流,蜿蜒畅游过绿茵的草场,浓荫遮蔽,最后注入烟波浩渺的汪洋大海;但是大海太过平静,太过沉默,太过不动声色,你会突然感到莫名的不安。也许这只是我自己的一种怪诞想法,在那样的时代,这想法对我影响很深:我觉得这像大多数人一样的生活,似乎欠缺了一点儿什么。我承认这种生活有社会价值,我也看到了它那井然有序的幸福,但我血液里的冲动却渴望一种更桀骜不驯的旅程.这样的安逸中好像有一种叫我惊惧不安的东西.我的心渴望一种更加惊险的生活。只要生活中还能有变迁———以及不可知的刺激,我愿意踏上怪石嶙峋的山崖,奔赴暗礁满布的海滩
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-6-21 11:30:17 | 显示全部楼层
I will persist until I succeed.
In the Orient young bulls are tested for the fight arena in a certain manner. Each is brought to the ring and allowed to attack a picador who pricks them with a lance. The bravery of each bull is then rated with care according to the number of times he demonstrates his willingness to charge in spite of the sting of the blade. Henceforth I will recognize that each day I am tested by life in like manner. If I persist, if I continue to try, if I continue to charge forward, I will succeed.
坚持不懈.直到成功。
在古老的东方,挑选小公牛列竞技场格斗有一定的程序、它们被带进场地,向手持长矛的斗牛士攻击,裁判以它受激后再向斗牛士进攻的次数多寡来评定这只公牛的勇敢程度。从今往后.我须承认,我的生命每天都在接受类似的考验.如果我坚韧不拔,勇往直前,迎接挑战.那么我一定会成功。
I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
坚持不懈.直到成功。
我不是为了失败才来到这个世界上的,我的血管里也没有失败的血液在流动。我不是任人鞭打的羔羊,我是猛狮,不与羊群为伍。我不想听失意者的哭泣,抱怨者的牢骚,这是羊群中的瘟疫,我不能被它传染。失败者的屠宰场不是我命运的归宿。
The prizes of life are at the end of each journey, not near the beginning; and it is not given to me to know how many steps are necessary in order to reach my goal. Failure I may still encounter at the thousandth step, yet success hides behind the next bend in the road. Never will I know how close it lies unless I turn the corner.
Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult.
坚持不懈,直到成功。
生命的奖赏远在旅途终点,而非起点附近。我不知道要走多少步才能达到目标.踏上第一千步的时候,仍然可能遭到失败。但成功就藏在拐角后面,除非拐了弯,我永远不知道还有多远。

再前进一步,如果没有用,就再向前一步。事实上,每次进步一点点并不太难。
Henceforth, I will consider each day's effort as but one blow of my blade against a mighty oak. The first blow may cause not a tremor in the wood, nor the second, nor the third. Each blow, of itself, may be trifling, and seem of no consequence. Yet from childish swipes the oak will eventually tumble. So it will be with my efforts of today.

I will be liken to the rain drop which washes away the mountain; the ant who devours a tiger; the star which brightens the earth; the slave who builds a pyramid. I will build my castle one brick at a time for I know that small attempts, repeated, will complete any undertaking.
坚持不懈,直到成功。从今往后,我承认每天的奋斗就像对参天大树的一次砍击,头几刀可能了无痕迹。每一击者似微不足道,然而,累积起来,巨树终会倒下.这恰如我今天的努力。 就像冲洗高山的雨滴,吞噬猛虎的蚂蚁,照亮大地的星辰,建起金字塔的奴隶,我也要一砖一瓦地建造起自己的城堡,因为我深知水滴石穿的道理,只要持之以恒,什么都可以做到.

I will never consider defeat and I will remove from my vocabulary such words and phrases as quit, cannot, unable, impossible, out of the question, improbable, failure, unworkable, hopeless, and retreat; for they are the words of fools. I will avoid despair but if this disease of the mind should infect me then I will work on in despair. I will toil and I will endure. I will ignore the obstacles at my feet and keep mine eyes on the goals above my head, for I know that where dry desert ends, green grass grows.
坚持不懈,直到成功。
我绝不考虑失败,我的字典里不再有放弃,不可能、办不到、没法子、成问题、失败,行不通、没希望、退缩…这类愚蠢的字眼.我要尽量避免绝望,一旦受到它的威胁,立即想方设法向它挑战.我要辛勤耕耘,忍受苦楚.我放眼未来,勇往直前,不再理会脚下的障碍.我坚信,沙漠尽头必是绿洲.
I will remember the ancient law of averages and I will bend it to my good. I will persist with knowledge that each failure to sell will increase my chance for success at the next attempt. Each nay I hear will bring me closer to the sound of yea. Each frown I meet only prepares me for the smile to come. Each misfortune I encounter will carry in it the seed of tomorrow's good luck. I must have the night to appreciate the day. I must fail often to succeed only once.

I will try, and try, and try again. Each obstacle I will consider as a mere detour to my goal and a challenge to my profession. I will persist and develop my skills as the mariner develops his, by learning to ride out the wrath of each storm.
坚持不懈,直到成功。
我要牢牢记住古老的平衡法则,鼓励自己坚持下去,因为每一次的失败都会增加下一次成功的机会。这一次的拒绝就是下一次的赞同,这一次皱起的眉头就是下一次舒展的笑容。今天的不幸,往往预示着明天的好运。夜幕降临。回想一天的遭遇。我总是心存感激。我深知,只有失败多次,才能成功。 坚持不懈,直到成功。
我要尝试,尝试,再尝试。障碍是我成功路上的弯路,我迎接这项挑战。我要像水手一样,乘风破浪。

Henceforth, I will learn and apply another secret of those who excel in my work. When each day is ended, not regarding whether it has been a success or a failure, I will attempt to achieve one more sale. When my thoughts beckon my tired body homeward I will resist the temptation to depart. I will try again. I will make one more attempt to close with victory, and if that fails I will make another. Never will I allow any day to end with a failure. Thus will I plant the seed of tomorrow's success and gain an insurmountable advantage over those who cease their labor at a prescribed time. When others cease their struggle, the mine will begin, and my harvest will be full.
坚持不懈,直到成功。
从今往后,我要借鉴别人成功的秘诀.过去的是非成败,我全不计较,只抱定信念,明天会更好。当我精疲力歇时,我要抵制回家的诱惑,再试一次。我一试再试.争取每一天的成功,避免以失败收场.我要为明天的成功播种,超过那些按部就班的人。在别人停滞不前时,我继续拼搏,终有一天我会丰收!
Nor will I allow yesterday's success to lull me into today's complacency, for this is the great foundation of failure. I will forget the happenings of the day that is gone, whether they were good or bad, and greet the new sun with confidence that this will be the best day of my life.
So long as there is breath in me, that long will I persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles of success; if I persist long enough I will win.
I will persist.
I will win.

坚持不懈,直到成功。
我不因昨日的成功而满足,因为这是失败的先兆。我要忘却昨日的一切,是好是坏,都让它随风而去。我信心百倍,迎接新的太阳,相信"今天是此生最好的一天"。
只要我一息尚存,就要坚持到底,因为我已深知成功的秘诀:
In the Orient young bulls are tested for the fight arena in a certain manner. Each is brought to the ring and allowed to attack a picador who pricks them with a lance. The bravery of each bull is then rated with care according to the number of times he demonstrates his willingness to charge in spite of the sting of the blade. Henceforth I will recognize that each day I am tested by life in like manner. If I persist, if I continue to try, if I continue to charge forward, I will succeed.
坚持不懈.直到成功。
在古老的东方,挑选小公牛列竞技场格斗有一定的程序、它们被带进场地,向手持长矛的斗牛士攻击,裁判以它受激后再向斗牛士进攻的次数多寡来评定这只公牛的勇敢程度。从今往后.我须承认,我的生命每天都在接受类似的考验.如果我坚韧不拔,勇往直前,迎接挑战.那么我一定会成功。

I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
坚持不懈.直到成功。
我不是为了失败才来到这个世界上的,我的血管里也没有失败的血液在流动。我不是任人鞭打的羔羊,我是猛狮,不与羊群为伍。我不想听失意者的哭泣,抱怨者的牢骚,这是羊群中的瘟疫,我不能被它传染。失败者的屠宰场不是我命运的归宿。
The prizes of life are at the end of each journey, not near the beginning; and it is not given to me to know how many steps are necessary in order to reach my goal. Failure I may still encounter at the thousandth step, yet success hides behind the next bend in the road. Never will I know how close it lies unless I turn the corner.
Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult.
坚持不懈,直到成功。
生命的奖赏远在旅途终点,而非起点附近。我不知道要走多少步才能达到目标.踏上第一千步的时候,仍然可能遭到失败。但成功就藏在拐角后面,除非拐了弯,我永远不知道还有多远。

再前进一步,如果没有用,就再向前一步。事实上,每次进步一点点并不太难。
Henceforth, I will consider each day's effort as but one blow of my blade against a mighty oak. The first blow may cause not a tremor in the wood, nor the second, nor the third. Each blow, of itself, may be trifling, and seem of no consequence. Yet from childish swipes the oak will eventually tumble. So it will be with my efforts of today.

I will be liken to the rain drop which washes away the mountain; the ant who devours a tiger; the star which brightens the earth; the slave who builds a pyramid. I will build my castle one brick at a time for I know that small attempts, repeated, will complete any undertaking.
坚持不懈,直到成功。从今往后,我承认每天的奋斗就像对参天大树的一次砍击,头几刀可能了无痕迹。每一击者似微不足道,然而,累积起来,巨树终会倒下.这恰如我今天的努力。 就像冲洗高山的雨滴,吞噬猛虎的蚂蚁,照亮大地的星辰,建起金字塔的奴隶,我也要一砖一瓦地建造起自己的城堡,因为我深知水滴石穿的道理,只要持之以恒,什么都可以做到.

I will never consider defeat and I will remove from my vocabulary such words and phrases as quit, cannot, unable, impossible, out of the question, improbable, failure, unworkable, hopeless, and retreat; for they are the words of fools. I will avoid despair but if this disease of the mind should infect me then I will work on in despair. I will toil and I will endure. I will ignore the obstacles at my feet and keep mine eyes on the goals above my head, for I know that where dry desert ends, green grass grows.
坚持不懈,直到成功。
我绝不考虑失败,我的字典里不再有放弃,不可能、办不到、没法子、成问题、失败,行不通、没希望、退缩…这类愚蠢的字眼.我要尽量避免绝望,一旦受到它的威胁,立即想方设法向它挑战.我要辛勤耕耘,忍受苦楚.我放眼未来,勇往直前,不再理会脚下的障碍.我坚信,沙漠尽头必是绿洲.
I will remember the ancient law of averages and I will bend it to my good. I will persist with knowledge that each failure to sell will increase my chance for success at the next attempt. Each nay I hear will bring me closer to the sound of yea. Each frown I meet only prepares me for the smile to come. Each misfortune I encounter will carry in it the seed of tomorrow's good luck. I must have the night to appreciate the day. I must fail often to succeed only once.

I will try, and try, and try again. Each obstacle I will consider as a mere detour to my goal and a challenge to my profession. I will persist and develop my skills as the mariner develops his, by learning to ride out the wrath of each storm.
坚持不懈,直到成功。
我要牢牢记住古老的平衡法则,鼓励自己坚持下去,因为每一次的失败都会增加下一次成功的机会。这一次的拒绝就是下一次的赞同,这一次皱起的眉头就是下一次舒展的笑容。今天的不幸,往往预示着明天的好运。夜幕降临。回想一天的遭遇。我总是心存感激。我深知,只有失败多次,才能成功。 坚持不懈,直到成功。
我要尝试,尝试,再尝试。障碍是我成功路上的弯路,我迎接这项挑战。我要像水手一样,乘风破浪。

Henceforth, I will learn and apply another secret of those who excel in my work. When each day is ended, not regarding whether it has been a success or a failure, I will attempt to achieve one more sale. When my thoughts beckon my tired body homeward I will resist the temptation to depart. I will try again. I will make one more attempt to close with victory, and if that fails I will make another. Never will I allow any day to end with a failure. Thus will I plant the seed of tomorrow's success and gain an insurmountable advantage over those who cease their labor at a prescribed time. When others cease their struggle, the mine will begin, and my harvest will be full.
坚持不懈,直到成功。
从今往后,我要借鉴别人成功的秘诀.过去的是非成败,我全不计较,只抱定信念,明天会更好。当我精疲力歇时,我要抵制回家的诱惑,再试一次。我一试再试.争取每一天的成功,避免以失败收场.我要为明天的成功播种,超过那些按部就班的人。在别人停滞不前时,我继续拼搏,终有一天我会丰收!
Nor will I allow yesterday's success to lull me into today's complacency, for this is the great foundation of failure. I will forget the happenings of the day that is gone, whether they were good or bad, and greet the new sun with confidence that this will be the best day of my life.
So long as there is breath in me, that long will I persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles of success; if I persist long enough I will win.
I will persist.
I will win.

坚持不懈,直到成功。
我不因昨日的成功而满足,因为这是失败的先兆。我要忘却昨日的一切,是好是坏,都让它随风而去。我信心百倍,迎接新的太阳,相信"今天是此生最好的一天"。
只要我一息尚存,就要坚持到底,因为我已深知成功的秘诀:

坚持不懈,终会成功。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-6-22 10:05:41 | 显示全部楼层

美文欣赏:今天,我开始新的生活

Today I begin a new life.
Today I shed my old skin which hath, too long, suffered the bruises of failure and the wounds of mediority.
Today I am born anew and my birthplace is a vineyard where there is fruit for all.
Today I will pluck grapes of wisdom from the tallest and fullest vines in the vineyard,for these were planted by the wisest of my profession who have come before me,generation upon generation.
Today I will savor the taste of grapes from these vines and verily I will swallow the seed of success buried in each and new life will sprout within me.
The career I have chosen is laden with opportunity yet it is fraught with heartbreak and despair and the bodies of those who have failed, were they piled one atop another, would cast a shadow down upon all the pyramids of the earth.
Yet I will not fail, as the others, for in my hands I now hold the charts which will guide through perilous waters to shores which only yesterday seemed but a dream.
Failure no longer will be my payment for struggle. Just as nature made no provision for my body to tolerate pain neither has it made any provision for my life to suffer failure. Failure, like pain, is alien to my life. In the past I accepted it as I accepted pain. Now I reject it and I am prepared for wisdom and principles which will guide me out of the shadows into the sunlight of wealth, position, and happiness far beyond my most extravagant dreams until even the golden apples in the Garden of Hesperides will seem no more than my just reward.
Time teaches all things to him who lives forever but I have not the luxury of eternity. Yet within my allotted time I must practice the art of patience for nature acts never in haste. To create the olive, king of all trees, a hundred years is required. An onion plant is old in nine weeks. I have lived as an onion plant. It has not pleased me. Now I wouldst become the greatest of olive trees and, in truth, the greatest of salesman.
And how will this be accomplished? For I have neither the knowledge nor the experience to achieve the greatness and already I have stumbled in ignorance and fallen into pools of self-pity. The answer is simple. I will commence my journey unencumbered with either the weight of unnecessary knowledge or the handicap of meaningless experience. Nature already has supplied me with knowledge and instinct far greater than any beast in the forest and the value of experience is overrated, usually by old men who nod wisely and speak stupidly.
In truth, experience teaches thoroughly yet her course of instruction devours men's years so the value of her lessons diminishes with the time necessary to acquire her special wisdom. The end finds it wasted on dead men. Furthermore, experience is comparable to fashion; an action that proved successful today will be unworkable and impractical tomorrow.
Only principles endure and these I now possess, for the laws that will lead me to greatness are contained in the words of these scrolls. What they will teach me is more to prevent failure than to gain success, for what is success other than a state of mind? Which two, among a thouand wise men, will define success in the same words; yet failure is always described but one way. Failure is man's inability to reach his goals in life, whatever they may be.
In truth, the only difference between those who have failed and those who have successed lies in the difference of their habits. Good habits are the key to all success. Bad habits are the unlocked door to failure. Thus, the first law I will obey, which precedeth all others is --I will form good habits and become their slave.
As a child I was slave to my impulses; now I am slave to my habits, as are all grown men. I have surrendered my free will to the years of accumulated habits and the past deeds of my life have already marked out a path which threatens to imprison my future. My actions are ruled by appetite, passion, prejudice, greed, love, fear, environment, habit, and the worst of these tyrants is habit. Therefore, if I must be a slave to habit let me be a slave to good habits. My bad habits must be destroyed and new furrows prepared for good seed.
I will form good habits and become their slave.
And how will I accomplish this difficult feat? Through these scrolls, it will be done, for each scroll contains a principle which will drive a bad habit from my life and replace it with one which will bring me closer to success. For it is another of nature's laws that only a habit can subdue another habit. So, in order for these written words to perform their chosen task, I must discipline myself with the first of my new habits which is as follows:
I will read each scroll for thirty days in this prescribed manner, before I proceed to the next scroll.
First, I will read the words in silence when I arise. Then, I will read the words in silence after I have partaken of my midday meal. Last, I will read the words again just before I retire at day's end, and most important, on this occasion I will read the words aloud.
On the next day I will repeat this procedure, and I will continue in like manner for thirty days. Then, I will turn to the next scroll and repeat this procedure for another thirty days. I will continue in this manner until I have lived with each scroll for thirty days and my reading has become habit.
And what will be accomplished with this habit? Herein lies the hidden secret of all man's accomplishments. As I repeat the words daily they will soon become a part of my active mind, but more important, they will also seep into my other mind, that mysterious source which never sleeps, which creates my dreams, and often makes me act in ways I do not comprehend.
As the words of these scrolls are consumed by my mysterious mind I will begin to awake, each morning, with a vitality I have never known before. My vigor will increase, my enthusiasm will rise, my desire to meet the world will overcome every fear I once knew at sunrise, and I will be happier than I ever believed it possible to be in this world of strife and sorrow.
Eventually I will find myself reacting to all situations which confront me as I was commanded in the scrolls to react, and soon these actions and reactions will become easy to perform, for any act with practice becomes easy.
Thus a new and good habit is born, for when an act becomes easy through constant repetiton it becomes a pleasure to perform and if it is a pleasure to perform it is man's nature to perform it often. When I perform it often it becomes a habit and I become its slave and since it is a good habit this is my will.
Today I begin a new life.
And I make a solemn oath to myself that nothing will retard my new life's growth. I will lose not a day from these readings for that day cannot be retrieved nor can I substitute another for it. I must not , I will not, break this habit of daily reading from these scrolls and, in truth, the few moments spent each day on this new habit are but a small price to pay for the happiness and success that will be mine.
As I read and re-read the words in the scrolls to follow, never will I allow the brevity of each scroll nor the simplicity of its words to cause me to treat the scroll's message lightly. Thousands of grapes are pressed to fill one jar with wine, and the grapeskin and pulp are tossed to the birds. So it is with these grapes of wisdom from the ages. Much has been filtered and tossed to the wind.Only the pure truth lies distilled in the words to come. I will drink as instructed and spill not a drop. And the seed of success I will swallow.
Today my old skin has become as dust. I will walk tall among men and they will know me not , for today I am a new man, with a new life.
今天,我天始新的生活.
今天,我爬出满是失败创伤的老茧.
今天,我重新来到这个世上,我出生在葡萄园中,国内的葡萄任人享用。
今天,我要从最高最密的藤上摘下智慧的果实,这葡萄藤是好几代前的智者种下的。
今天,我要品尝葡萄的美味,还要吞下每一位成功的种子,让新生命在我心里萌牙。
我选择的道路充满机遇,也有辛酸与绝望.失败的同伴数不胜数,叠在一起,比金字塔还高。
然而,我不会像他们一样失败,因为我手中持有航海图,可以领我越过汹涌的大海,抵达梦中的彼岸.
失败不再是我奋斗的代价.它和痛苦都将从我的生命中消失。失败和我,就像水火一样,互不相容。我不再像过去一样接受它们。我要在智慧的指引下,走出失败的阴影,步入富足、健康、快乐的乐园,这些都超出了我以往的梦想. 我要是能长生不老,就可以学到一切,但我不能永生,所以,在有限的人生里,我必须学会忍耐的艺术,因为大自然的行为一向是从容不迫的.造物主创造树中之王橄摊树需要一百年的时间,而洋葱经过短短的九个星期就会枯老.我不留恋从前那种洋葱式的生活,我要成为万树之王——橄榄树,成为现实生活中最伟大的推销员.
怎么可能?我既没有渊博的知识,又没有丰富的经验,况且,我曾一度跌入愚昧与自怜的深渊.答案很简单。我不会让所谓的知识或者经验妨碍我的行程.造物生已经赐予我足够的知识和本能,这份天赋是其它生物望尘莫及的。经验的价值往往被高估了,人老的时候开口讲的多是糊涂话.说实在的,经验确实能教给我们很多东西,只是这需要花费太长的时间.等到人们获得智慧的时候,其价值已随着时间的消逝而减少了.结果往往是这样,经验丰富了,人也余生无多.经验和时尚有关,适合某一时代的行为,并不寻味着在今天仍然行得通。
只有原则是持久的,而我现在正拥有了这些原则.这些可以指引我走向成功的原则全写在这几张羊皮卷里.它教我如何避免失败,而不只是获得成功,因为成功更是一种精神状态.人们对于成功的定义,见仁见智,而失败却往往只有一种解释:失败就是一个人没能达到他的人生目标,不论这些目标是什么。
事实上,成功与失败的最大分野,来自不同的习惯。好习惯是开启成员的钥匙,坏习惯则是一扇向失败敞开的门。因此,我首先要做的便是养成良好的习惯,全心全意去实行。
小时候.我常会感情用事,长大成人了,我要用良好的习惯代替一时的冲动。我的自由意志屈服于多年养成的恶习,它们威胁着我的前途。我的行为受到品味、情感、偏见、欲望、爱、恐惧、环境和习惯的影响,其中最厉害的就是习惯。因此.如果我必须受习惯支配的话,那就让我受好习惯的支配。那些坏习惯必须戒除,我要在新的田地里播种好的种子。 我要养成良好的习惯,全心全意去实行。
这不是轻而易举的事情,要怎样才能做到呢,靠这些羊皮卷就能做到。因为每~卷里都写着一个原则,可以摒除—项坏习惯,换取一个好习惯,使人进步,走向成功。这也是自然法则之一,只有一种习惯才能抑制另一种习惯。所以,为了走好我选择的道路,我必须养成的第一个习惯
每张羊皮卷用三十天的时间阅读,然后再进人下一卷。 清晨即起,默默诵读;午饭之后,再次默读;夜晚睡前,高声朗读。
第二天的情形完全一样。这样重复三十天后,就可以打开下一卷了。每一卷都依照同样的方法读上三十天,久而久之,它们就成为一种习惯了。
这些习惯有什么好处呢?这里隐含着人类成功的秘诀。当我每天重复这些话的时候,它何成了我精神活动的一部分,更重要的是,它们渗入我的心灵。拥是个神秘的世界,永不静止,创造梦境,在不知不觉中影响我的行为。
当这些羊皮卷上的文字,被我奇妙的心灵完全吸收之后,我每天都会充满活力地醒来。我从来没有这样精力充沛过。我更有活力,更有热情,要向世界挑战的欲望克服了一切恐惧与不安。在这个充满争斗和悲伤的世界里,我竟然比以前更快活。 最后,我会发现自己有了应付一切情况的办法。不久,这些办法就能运用自如.因为,任何方法,只要多练习,就会变得简单易行。
经过多次重复,一种看似复杂的行为就变得轻而易举,实行起来,就会有无限的乐趣,有了乐趣,出于人之天性,我就更乐意常去实行。于是,一种好的习惯便诞生了.习惯成为自然。既是一种好的习惯,也就是我的意原。
今天,我天始新的生活.
我郑重地发誓,绝不让任何事情妨碍我新生命的成长。在阅读这些羊卷的时候,我绝不浪费一天的时间,因为时光一去不返,失去的日子是无法弥补的。我也绝不打破每天阅读的习惯。事实上,每天在这些新习惯上花费少许时间,相对于可能获得的愉乐与成功而言,只是微不足道的代价。 当我阅读羊皮卷中的字句时,绝不能出为文字的精炼而忽视内容的深沉。一瓶葡萄美酒需要千百颗果子酿制而成,果皮和渣子抛给小鸟。葡萄的智慧代代相传,有些被过滤,有些被淘汰,随风飘逝。只有纯正的真理才是永恒的。它们就精炼在我要阅读的文字中。我要依照指示,绝不浪费,饮下成功的种子。
今天,我的老茧化为尘埃。我在人群中昂首阔步,不会有人认出我来,因为我不再是过去的自己、我已拥有新的生命。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-6-23 12:52:01 | 显示全部楼层

感悟美文:盲人种花,只为他人芳

On the outskirts of a town in England nestles a nice cottage with a large garden where there lives an old and aged man. The old man is seen pruning, watering or fertilizing his flowers all the time. The garden where bees and butterflies dance and gorgeous flowers mass all year around is so well-tended that every passer-by cannot but halt for a glance.
在英国一座小镇的郊外,有一个别致的小木屋,屋子里住着一个孤独的老人,他有一个很大的花园。人们每天都能看到他在园子里忙忙碌碌,他给它们修剪枝叶,浇水施肥,把花园侍弄得非常好,一年四季,蜂飞碟舞,姹紫嫣红,引得不少人在此驻步流连。   
    One day a young painter went by the old man’s garden. He gazed at the splendid garden and the special cottage totally lost in admiration at the beauty of these sceneries, picturing how happy he could be if he lived in such a beautiful place. Then, suddenly he found the old gardener was blind. Shocked, the painter approached that old man, asking “why are you busy tending these flowers every day which you can’t see as a matter of fact?” The blind gardener smiled an answer that “ I can tell you four reasons. First, I was a gardener when I was young, and I really like this job. Second, although I can’t see these flowers, yet I can touch them. Third, I can smell the sweetness of them. As to the last one, that’s you.”
  有一天,一位年轻的画家路过这里,他非常欣赏地看着这个美丽的花园和木屋。他想,要是自己住在这样一个美丽的地方该有多好。这时他看到了那位老园丁,更令他惊奇的是,老园丁是个盲人。这让画家感到十分意外,于是他走近老园丁,不解地问:“你每天都在不知疲倦地忙碌,而你根本看不见这些美丽的花朵,这是为什么?”盲人笑了,他说:“我可以告诉你4个理由:第一,我年轻的时候是个园丁,我热爱园艺工作;第二,我的眼睛虽然看不见,但我有手啊!我可以抚摸我的花;第三,我住在花园里,可以闻见它们的芬芳;至于第4个原因嘛,则是因为你。”

“Me? But you don’t know me.” responded the painter perplexed still.

“Yeah, it’s true that I don’t know you. But I know flowers are earthly angels which everyone knows and would never turn them down. I know many a people who show animation in life would stop by and the beauty of my garden will get them into a good mood. In the meantime,it also extends a chance to me to have a word with you here and to enjoy the happiness these flowers have brought us.”

“我?但是,你本来就不认识我呀?”画家有些惊奇。   
    老人接着说:“是的,我是不认识你,但我知道花是人间仙子,所有人都认识花,都不会拒绝花的邀请。我知道不少像你这样热爱生活的人在此经过,都会因为看到我花园的美丽而驻步,从而心情愉快。我也因此有机会和你在这里聊天,一起分享花带来的快乐。”

The old man’s words astounded me a great deal with pleasure. The blind man grows flowers and serves them as a link of minds so as to make everybody enjoy the glorious sunshine in spring. He can’t see the beauty he’s created, however, this delightful prospect has had our eyes feasted, our environment embellished and our hearts pleased, which the other way around has also enriched his life. Just like Beethoven with failed eyes, however, composed a sea of heart-gripping melodies. Beethoven himself couldn’t hear his wonderful music. But these classics have passed on through decades and inspired millions of people to take arms against the fate. Isn’t it one kind of happiness?

老人的话让我的心为之一颤:盲人种花,以花为媒,架起人们心灵间的桥梁,让人们共同享受春天的阳光。老人虽然看不见自己种下的美丽,可是他种下的美丽,却滋养了他人的眼睛,美化了我们的环境,愉悦了他人的身心,同时也充实了自己的生活,丰富了自己的人生。就像贝多芬双耳失聪,他创作了动人心魄的美妙旋律,自己虽然不能听到,却传唱千古,让更多的人在他的交响曲中与命运抗争,难道这不是一种幸福吗?

The blind people in the garden is alone but not lonely. All the flower-appreciators are his friends; all flowers are his neighbours. These flowers sleep in the bosom of moonlight and wake up with the dew’s kiss. When sun shines, the bees hum and buzz by his window with a light greeting. Just think about this lovely picture a little bit, won’t shed joyful tears?

盲人住在花园里,独而不孤,赏花的人都是他的朋友,所有的花都是他美丽的邻居。每天,那些花在月光的怀抱中睡去,在露水的长吻里醒来,然后,那些蜜蜂飞在盲人的窗前,轻轻的问候,想起来就美得让人落泪。
I believe every flower has eyes with which they can see the kindness of the old man’s heart and the sweetness of his soul. The blind man grows flowers in his heart. Failing the sight of the beauty of blossoming, he surely can hear the voice of it, I suppose

我相信每一朵花都是有眼睛的,它一定能看到盲人的善良和他崇高的灵魂。盲人种花,把花种在了心里,虽然看不到花开的美丽,但是,我猜想他一定能听到花开的声音。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-6-24 10:03:53 | 显示全部楼层

双语美文:四月雨带来五月花

April Showers Bring May Flowers

From the golden-tipped fields of mid-west America to the ancient kingdoms of verdant Palestine, there is a happy truth to be shared with all who would take heed. In more recent times, this truth has been expressed as: April showers bring May flowers. This is a truth that promises light bursting from darkness, strength born from weakness and, if one dares to believe, life emerging from death.
  Farmers all over the world know the importance and immutability of the seasons. They know that there is a season to plant and a season to harvest; everything must be done in its own time. Although the rain pours down with the utmost relentlessness, ceasing all outdoor activities, the man of the field lifts his face to the heavens and smiles. Despite the inconvenience, he knows that the rain provides the nourishment his crops need to grow and flourish. The torrential rains in the month of April, give rise to the glorious flowers in the month of May.
  But this ancient truth applies to more than the crops of the fields; it is an invaluable message of hope to all who experience tragedy in life. A dashed relationship with one can open up the door to a brand new friendship with another. A lost job here can provide the opportunity for a better job there. A broken dream can become the foundation of a wonderful future. Everything has its place.
  Remember this: overwhelming darkness may endure for a night, but it will never overcome the radiant light of the morning. When you are in a season of sorrow, hang in there, because a season of joy may be just around the corner…
四月雨带来五月花

从美国中西部金色的田野,到巴勒斯坦嫩绿色的古老疆土,那些留心观察的人共享着同一个快乐真理。近来这一真理被阐述为:四月的雨带来五月的花。这一真理预示光明会从黑暗中迸发;刚强生自软弱;如果你敢确信,生命会从死亡中萌发!
  全世界的农民们都明白季节的重要性和永恒性。他们知道在哪个季节播种,哪个季节收获,每件事都必须应时而做!虽然暴雨无情地倾盆而下,迫使所有的户外劳作停止,但土地的主人会仰天微笑。尽管有诸多不便,但是他知道,雨会为他的庄稼带来繁茂生长所需的营养。四月里的豪雨,会带来五月里的繁花似锦。
  但是这一古老真理并不只适用于田里的庄稼,它还是那些正经历着人生磨难的人的无限希冀:一段友谊的受挫会开启另一段崭新友谊的大门;此处失去的工作会提供彼处更好的工作机会;一个梦想的破灭会成为美好未来的基石。万物皆有道!
  请谨记:势不可挡的黑暗或有一晚,但它永远无法阻挡清晨的万丈光芒!当你正处于悲伤之季,请坚持住,因为欢乐的季节也许马上就会到来……
     词汇:
  verdant adj. 嫩绿的
  promise v. 允诺
  burst v. 迸发
  emerge v. 萌发
  utmost adj. 极度的
  cease v. 停止
  inconvenience n. 麻烦
  provide v. 提供
  apply v. 适用
  invaluable adj. 无价的
  endure v. 持续
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-6-25 12:19:03 | 显示全部楼层

美文欣赏:今天我学会控制情绪

Today I will be master of my emotions.
The tides advance; the tides recede. Winter goes and summer comes. summer wanes and the cold increases. The sun rises; the sun sets. The moon is full; the moon is black. The birds arrive;the birds depart. Flowers bloom; flowers fade.Seeds are sown; harvests are reaped. all nature is a circle of moods and I am a part of nature and so,like the tides, my moods will rise; my moods will fall.

今天我学会控制情绪。
潮起潮落,冬去春来,夏末秋至,日出日落,月圆月缺,雁来雁往,花飞花谢,草长瓜熟,自然界万物都在循环往复的变化中,我也不例外,情绪会时好时坏。

It is one of nature's tricks, little understood,that each day I awaken with moods that have changed from yesterday. Yesterday's joy wilI become today's sadness; yet today's sadness will grow into tomorrow's joy. Inside me is a wheel,constantly turning from sadness to joy, from exultation to depression, from happiness to melancholy. Like the flowers, today's full bloom of joy will fade and wither into despondency, yet I will remember that as today's dead flower carries the seed of tomorrow's bloom so, too, does today's sadness carry the seed of tomorrow's joy.

今天我学会控制情绪。
这是大自然的玩笑,很少有人窥破天机。每天我醒来时,不再有旧日的心情。昨日的快乐变成今天的哀愁,今天的悲伤又转为明日的喜悦。我心中像一只轮子不停地转着,由乐而悲,由悲而喜,由喜而忧。这就好比花儿的变化,今天枯败的花儿蕴藏着明天新生的种子,今天的悲伤也预示着明天的快乐。
And how will I master these emotions so that each day will be productive? For unless my mood is right the day will be a failure. Trees and plants depend on the weather to flourish but I make my own weather, yea I transport it with me. If I bring rain and gloom and darkness and pessimism to my customers then they will react with rain and gloom and darkness and pessimism and they will purchase naught. If I bring joy and enthusiasm and brightness and laughter to my customers they will react with joy and enthusiasm and brightness and laughter and my weather will produce a harvest of sales and a granary of gold for me.
今天我学会控制情绪。 我怎样才能控制情绪,以使每天卓有成效呢?除非我心平气和,否则迎来的又将是失败的一天。花草树木,随着气候的变化而生长,但是我为自己创造天气。我要学会用自己的心灵弥补气候的不足。如果我为顾客带来风雨、忧郁、黑暗和悲观,那么他们也会报之于风雨、忧郁、黑暗和悲观,而他们什么也不会买。相反的,如果我们为顾客献上欢乐、喜悦、光明和笑声,他们也会报之以欢乐、喜悦、光明和笑声,我就能获得销售上的丰收,赚取成仓的金币。

And how will I master my emotions so that every day is a happy day, and a productive one? I will learn this secret of the ages: Weak is he who permits his thoughts to control his actions; strong is he who forces his actions to control his thoughts. Each day, when I awaken, I will follow this plan of battle before I am captured by the forces of sadness, self-pity and failure-
今天我学会控制情绪。
我怎样才能控制情绪,让每天充满幸福和欢乐?我要学会这个千古秘诀:弱者任思绪控制行为,强者让行控制思绪。每天醒来当我被悲伤、自怜、失败的情绪包围时,我就这样与之对抗:

If I feel depressed I will sing.
If I feel sad I will laugh.
If I feel ill I will double my labor.
If I feel fear I will plunge ahead.
If I feel inferior I will wear new garments.
If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.
If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.
If I feel incompetent I will remember past success.
If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.
沮丧时,我引吭高歌。
悲伤时,我开怀大笑。
病痛时,我加倍工作。
恐惧时,我勇往直前。
自卑时,我换上新装。
不安时,我提高嗓声。
穷困潦倒时,我想象未来的富有。
力不从心时,我回想过去的成功。
自轻自贱时,我想想自己的目标。
Henceforth, I will know that only those with inferior ability can always be at their best, and I am not inferior. There will be days When I must IN THE WORLD constantly struggle against forces which would tear me down. Those such as despair and sadness are simple to recognize but there are others which approach with a smile and the hand of friendship and they can also destroy me. Against them, too, I must never relinquish control-
总之,今天我要学会控制自己的情绪。
从今往后,我明白了,只有低能者才会江郎才尽,我并非低能者,我必须不断对抗那限些企图摧垮我的力量。失望与悲伤一眼就会被识破,而其它许多敌人是不易觉察的。它们往往面带微笑,却随时可能将我们摧垮。对它们,我们永远不能放松警惕。 自高自大时,我要追寻失败的记忆。
If I become overconfident I will recall my failures.
If I overindulge I will think of past hungers.
If I feel complacency I will remember my competition.
If I enjoy moments of greatness I will remember moments of shame.
If I feel all-powerful I will try to stop the wind.
lf I attain great wealth I will remember one unfed mouth.
If l become overly proud I will remember a moment of weakness.
If I feel my skill is unmatched I will look at the stars.

纵情得意时,我要记得挨饿的日子。
洋洋得意时,我要想想竞争的对手。
沾沾自喜时,不要忘了那忍辱的时刻。
自以为是时,看看自己能否让步驻步。
腰缠万贯时,想想那些食不果腹的人。
骄傲自满时,要想到自己怯懦的时候。
不可一世时,让我抬头,仰望群星。

And with this new knowledge I will also understand and recognize the moods of him on whom I call. I will make allowances for his anger and irritation of today for he knows not the secret of controlling his mind. I can withstand his arrows and insults for now I know that tomorrow he will change and be a joy to approach.
No longer will l judge a man on one meeting;no longer will I fail to call again tomorrow on he who meets me with hate today. This day he will not buy gold chariots for a penny, yet tomorrow he would exchange his home for a tree. My knowledge of this secret will be my key to great wealth.

今天我学会控制情绪。
有了这项新本领,我也更能体察别人的情绪变化。我宽容怒气冲冲的人,因为他尚未懂得控制自己的情绪,就可以忍受他的指责与辱骂,因为我知道明天他会改变,重新变得随和。 我不再只凭一面之交来判断一个人,也不再一时的怨恨与人绝交,今天不肯花一分钱买金蓬马车的人,明天也许会用全部家当换树苗。知道了这个秘密,我可以获得极大的财富。

Today l will be master of my emotions.
Henceforth I will recognize and identify the mystery of moods in all mankind, and in me.From this moment I am prepared to control whatever personality awakes in me each day. I will master my moods through positive action and when I master my moods I will control my destiny.
Today I control my destiny, and my destiny is to become the greatest salesman in the world!
I will become master of myself.
I wi1l become great.

今天我学会控制情绪。
我从此领悟人类情绪的变化的奥秘。对于自己千变万化的个性,我不再听之任之,我知道,只有积极主动地控制情绪,才能掌握自己的命运。
我控制自己的命运就是成为世界上最伟大的推销员!
我成为自己的主人。
我由此而变得伟大。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-6-26 10:01:16 | 显示全部楼层

双语美文:飘忽的云

I've opened the curtain of my east window here above the computer, and I sit now in a holy theater before a sky-blue stage. A little cloud above the neighbor's trees resembles Jimmy Durante's nose for a while, then becomes amorphous as it slips on north. Other clouds follow, big and little and tiny on their march toward whereness. Wisps of them lead or droop because there must always be leading and drooping.
  拉开了房间东边电脑上方的窗帘,感觉自己仿佛身处一个神圣的剧场,天蓝的舞台展现在面前。有好一会儿,邻居家树丛上飘着一朵像杰米·杜兰特那大鼻子形状的云朵,但渐渐云朵就往北飘移,大鼻子也就散了状。周围的云,大的、小的、丁点儿的都随之往不知什么地方飘走了。缕缕白云或前行,或散去,这最自然不过了。
  The trees seem to laugh at the clouds while yet reaching for them with swaying branches. Trees must think that they are real, rooted, somebody, and that perhaps the clouds are only tickled water which sometimes blocks their sun. But trees are clouds, too, of green leaves—clouds that only move a little. Trees grow and change and dissipate like their airborne cousins.
  树梢随风轻摆,像往上攀附云朵,也像在嘲笑云朵。树肯定在想自己才是实实在在、稳稳扎根的重量级人物,而云朵只不过是积聚的水珠,只会偶尔挡住太阳的光辉。其实树也是一种云,是绿叶做的云,是不怎么动的云。树会成长、变化、老去,就跟天空的浮云一样。
  And what am I but a cloud of thoughts and feelings and aspirations? Don't I put out tentative mists here and there? Don't I occasionally appear to other people as a ridiculous shape of thoughts without my intending to? Don't I drift toward the north when I feel the breezes of love and the warmth of compassion?
  我不也是一朵云吗?一朵怀着种种想法、感受和抱负的云。我不是也到处作尝试,制造一个个雾团吗?我的那些异想天开不也常不经意地在人面前变成了一团奇形怪状的云吗?在感受到爱的微风和怜悯的温暖时,我不也像一朵朝北畅快游走的浮云吗?
  If clouds are beings, and beings are clouds, are we not all well advised to drift, to feel the wind tucking us in here and plucking us out there? Are we such rock-hard bodily lumps as we imagine?
  若浮云如人,人亦如浮云,我们是否都应该飘,感受风的力量,让我们一时扎根这里,一时又把我们拔起吹走?难道我们真的就如自己想像中的那样稳如磐石吗?
  Drift, let me. Sing to the sky, will I. One in many, are we. Let us breathe the breeze and find therein our roots in the spirit.
  飘吧,让我!我要向天高歌。我们是人海里的过客,就让我们一起呼吸微风的气息,在其中寻找我们精神的根。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-7-27 18:13:40 | 显示全部楼层
美文:婴儿与上帝的精彩对话
Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born.

One day the child asked God,"They tell me you are going to send me to earth tomorrow but how am I going to    live there being so small and helpless?"

God replied,"Among the may angels, I have chosen one for you. She will be waiting for you and will take care of you."

"But,said the child,"tell me here in Heaven I don't do anything else but sing and smile.That's what I need to be happy!"

God said,"Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every day. And you will feel your angel's love and be happy."

"And, said the child,"how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me, if I don't know the language that men talk?"

"That's easy",said God,"Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear,and with much patience and care,your angel will teach you how to speak."

The child looked up at God saying,"And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"

God smiled at the child saying,"Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."

The child said ,"I've heard on earth there are bad men.Who will protect me?"

God put his arm around the child,saying ,"Your angel will defend you-even if it means risking life!"

The child looked sad saying,"But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."

God hugged the child "Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way to comme back to me,even though I will always be next to you."

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven,but voices from earth could already be heard.

The child,in a hurry,asked softly,"Oh God,if I am about to leave now please tell me my angel's name!"

God repiled,"Your angle's name is of no importance ......you will simply call her MOMMY!"

有一个婴儿即将出生。

一天,这个小孩问上帝,“他们告诉我明天你将要把我送到地球,不过为什么我在那儿会那么小和无助呢?” 上帝说,“在所有的天使之中,我已经选中了一个给你。她将会等待你和照顾你。”

“ 不过”,小孩问了,“请告诉我--在天堂我除了歌唱和微笑之外什么都不做。这些是我快乐所需要的!”
  上帝说,“你的天使每天将会为你歌唱和微笑。你将会感受到你的天使的爱,你会感到快乐。”

“还有”,小孩又问了,“如果我不懂他们说的语言,当人们对我说话的时候我怎样才会理解呢?”
    “这很简单,”上帝说,“你的天使将教会你语言中最美丽和最甜蜜的词语,带着最大的耐心和关怀,你的天使将教会你怎样说话。”

小孩抬头看着上帝说,“我想和你说话的时候我该怎么做呢?”
  上帝微笑着对小孩说,“你的天使会把你的双手放在一起然后教会你怎样祈祷。”

小孩说,“我听说地球上有坏人,谁将会保护我呢?”
  上帝把手放在小孩身上,说,“你的天使将会保护你,甚至会冒生命的危险!”

小孩看起来有些悲伤,他说,“我将会一直感到悲伤因为我再也看不到你了。”
  上帝拥抱着小孩。“你的天使以后会一直跟你说有关我的事情,还会教你回到我身边的方法,虽说我一直与你同在。”

在这一刻小孩在天堂感到了无比的安详,
  不过已经可以听到从地球传来的声音

小孩有点急促,温柔的问“上帝啊,如果我现在将要离开,请告诉我我的天使的名字!”
  上帝回答说,“你的天使的名字并不那么重要,你可以简单的叫她 “妈妈”。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-10-1 23:43 , Processed in 0.147275 second(s), 4 queries , Redis On.