注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 540|回复: 0

[[求助与讨论]] 四级写作押题30篇

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-3-18 12:02:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
四级写作押题30篇
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a letter to the university president. You should write at least 120 words based on the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 学校教学应该注重学生学习方法的培养.
2. 学校应该丰富学生的校园生活
【范文背诵】
A Letter to the University President
Dear Sir,
I am writing to put up some suggestions concerning our teaching and campus life.
As a sophomore from the Math Department, I am quite satisfied with the present condition of my university, but I?d like to say that there is still some room for improvement.
First, I believe that more attention should be paid to the guidance of our study methods. To some extent, university students are capable of studying by themselves, but more often than never, we find ourselves at a loss as to choose good books to read and appropriate topics for our research. It is clear that we need some advice from our teachers. If our teachers can lecture more on \"how to learn by yourself\" for us, especially for the freshmen, our skills will be further improved.
Second, more activities should be conducted to make our campus life more colorful. I?m sorry to say that the present life on campus is quite boring. Every day we have classes, read in the library, or stay in the dormitory. Life here is routine. We need more meaningful activities organized to enrich our college life and enable us to study more efficiently.
I hope you can consider my suggestions. Thank you.
Yours sincerely
Li Ming
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic My Opinion on Campus Lectures. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 大学校园里的讲座丰富多彩
2. 听讲座的益处
3. 你对在大学校园里听讲座的评论
【范文背诵】
My Opinion on Campus Lectures
In recent years, more and more lectures are being given on campus. They are organized either by the departments or by the students? unions with an aim to improve the students? quality both mentally and academically. These lectures are usually in series and on different topics, such as arts, life, economy, psychology and world issues.
Generally speaking, the advantages of good lectures are various. First they broaden the students? knowledge horizon and cultivate interest in different fields. Second, they make the life of the students colorful and enjoyable.
With these merits, lectures are just complementary and subordinate to our school work. If students spend too much time attending lectures, their regular study will be affected and disturbed. So, in my opinion, the students should, on the one hand, do their class work and homework well first, on the other hand, set as more time as possible to attend good lectures which are helpful to our life and study.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a letter of thanks. You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline given below in Chinese:
假设你过生日时收到了Lucy送来的鲜花,写信向她表示感谢.你的信应包括:
1. 表达感谢之意
2. 提出回报对方
3. 期待对方做客
【范文背诵】
Dear Lucy,
I am writing to express my sincere thanks for your beautiful flowers. I?d like you to know how much your flowers meant to me. You have a positive genius for selecting the right gift. I not only enjoyed your flowers, but also the delicate vase. I shall ever remember this gift as one of the most precious things in my life.
I will not be very busy the following days. I hope to have the opportunity of reciprocating. Would you kindly let me know what time you are at convenience
I will feel very happy if you have time to make me a call. How nice it would be to see you again and I am looking forward to seeing you next time!
I repeat my thanks again for your lovely flowers. Please give my kind regards to your family.
Yours truly,
Huck
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a letter on the issue of employment for gradutes. You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 就业的形势越来越严峻,东西部人才供需并不均衡.
2. 你认为是否应在西部就业及其原因
【范文背诵】
The Issue of Employment for Gradutes
As we all know, the situation of employment graduate is urgent nowadays. Employment becomes a major social issue in our country. More and more people pay great attention to it.
This issue result from two aspects. First many undergraduates are finding jobs. They hope to get a job with high salary and other pensions. So the government and the society face great pressure. More job opportunities are needed to create for them.
On the other hand, there are many vacancies of jobs in the west. So there comes an imbalance between the supply and demand in the east and the west. Few people want to seek jobs in the west. They prefer to live in the major cities, such as Beijing , shanghai and other developped areas.
To solve this issue, it is a better choice to encourage people to seek jobs in the west. This also help to develop local economy and offer a brand?new chance for graduates.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a letter to a publishing house on food safety. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
假设你的同学因食用从某超市买回的食品而食物中毒,后经治疗康复.请给报社写一封信,描述他(们)的中毒与脱险经过,呼吁社会各界重视食品安全.
【范文背诵】
A Letter to a Publishing House on Food Safety
June 15th, 2006
Dear Sir or Madam:
Thank you for taking time to read this letter. As the problem of food safety has been becoming worse and worse nowadays, I am obliged to write to you.
Several days ago, one of my classmates came back from supermarket with a large bag of food. Because of having found a new style of tinned?fish in the food store, she was very glad. Several other roommates were invited to enjoy the \"mouth?watering chicken\". Unfortunately, after finishing the food, all of my three friends had stomachaches and vomited, their faces having become paler and paler. Due to sensitivity to that kind of tinned food, I escaped that suffer. At that time, my mind went blank. I dialed the emergency number with my trembling hand, therefore they were quickly sent to hospital. The doctor said they were lucky to be out of danger because they did not eat too much of that rotten fish and were hospitalized on time.
This is the matter that happened around me which made me realize the seriousness of the food safety problem. I sincerely hope that the whole society could attach much importance to this issue.
Thanks!
Yours,
Julie
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic: How to Keep Psychologically Healthy. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 心理健康问题往往是导致疾病的原因
2. 分析人们产生心理健康问题的原因(可从失业,压力过重,缺少支持,缺乏人际关系等方面加以分析)
3. 你认为人们如何保持心理健康
【范文背诵】
How to Keep Psychologically Healthy
One in four people will experience some kind of mental health problem in the course of a year. When you fail to manage to control these problems, they are likely to cause various mental illnesses and, as a result of physiological imbalance, physical illnesses. You may not be able to live a normal life, let alone a fulfilling one.
The causes of mental health problems often vary a lot from one case to another. In today?s society, a good number of people are suffering from heavy pressure. Others are lacking in communication skills and feel they are living in an isolated world. In addition, a lot of people are ignorant of psychological knowledge about how to keep mentally fit.
There are a lot of ways to curb mental health problems and keep psychologically healthy. Firstly, find the real cause of your mental health problem and see whether you can do something to make a change. Secondly, learn to relax yourself and take exercise to release the pressure. After all, your health is what counts most. Lastly, you may find it helpful to talk to your partner, a relative or a friend about your problems, or seek support and advice from a psychological consultant.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic On a Harmonious Dormitory Life. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 宿舍生活有时会出现不和谐的情况
2. 一个和谐宿舍生活的必要性
3. 如何创造和谐的宿舍生活
【范文背诵】
On a Harmonious Dormitory Life
Dormitory life is an indispensable part of college life. But sometimes the harmony in the dormitory will be disturbed in one way or another. For example, some members listen to music late into the night and make those light sleepers restless. Worse still, the smell of some students? socks is powerful enough to drive other members out of the room.
As is known to all, a harmonious dormitory life is important to college students and benefits all the members. On one hand, we can have a good rest and put our heart into study. On the other hand, we will have a good mood and enjoy being together. In contrast, an unharmonious life will be depressing and counterproductive. There are several ways to create and maintain a harmonious dormitory life. Firstly, you have to evaluate your life style and try to get rid of your dirty habits, if there are any. Secondly, when an annoying situation arises, you?ll just have to learn to tolerate each other and co?exist. Thirdly, you?ll have to share with each other and make good friends.
In conclusion, we should try our best to build a harmonious dormitory life for the purpose of good study and good life.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic How to Deal with Sub?health. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 随着世界现代化的不断加速发展,人们的物质 生活水平不断攀升,但人们却日益受到 \"亚健康\" 这种不良状态的威胁.
2. 亚健康的具体表现及在我国的蔓延程度(北京 75%,上海72%,广州70%的上班族都属于亚健康状态).
3. 在现代社会中应怎样解决亚健康问题.
【范文背诵】
How to Deal with Sub?health
With the modernization of the world, people?s standard of living has improved a lot. Then there appears a state of sub?health among people which poses a new threat to them.
There are some typical symptoms for people who are in a state of sub?health. First of all, those who suffer from it often have a headache or backache. Secondly, they feel like having a rest frequently. What upsets us most is that, the situation is spreading countrywide. As a result, more and more workers in big cities are harassed by it, with a percentage of 75 in Beijing, 72 in Shanghai and 70 in Guangzhou respectively.
Then how can we solve this problem effectively Experts suggests that the best way to keep us healthy is to do exercises. It is also very important that people should form a good living habit, for example, getting up early and going to sleep early. Only doing so can we keep us healthy.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic Study under a Work?Study Program. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 在大学校园中,有的大学生是因为生活困难,有的大学生是为锻炼实际能力而勤工俭学
2. 作为一名在校大学生,你如何看待勤工俭学问题
【范文背诵】
Study under a Work?Study Program
Nowadays more and more college students are taking part?time jobs as they have more time at their disposal. Some are eager to gain experience and improve their practical skills. Others want to earn some money and relieve the financial burden on their families.
But every coin has two sides. On the one hand, part?time jobs do much good for us. We can develop our skills and improve our material life as well. On the other hand, we may not be able to put our heart into study in the \"gold rush\". Worse still, those who fail to resist the temptation from society will take a wrong road, and even end up in prison.
In conclusion, the outcome of study under a work?study program depends on how we handle it. We should allot plenty of time to our study, keeping in mind that study should have priority over anything else for us college students, and money is not our purpose but a means to provide us with comfort.
Directions:For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic A Job?searching Experience. You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 介绍得到这次求职信息的途径
2. 叙述这次求职经历的全过程
3. 谈谈你对这次经历的感受或体会
【范文背诵】
A Job?searching Experience
Last Friday my English teacher told me that one of her friends was looking for an English governess. I asked for her friend?s name and phone number and determined to seize the chance.
I was a little bit nervous when I went to the woman?s house. I was told that the talk between us that day would decide whether I could take the job. However, when the woman, Lucy as she was called, welcomed me into her house, I felt much relaxed. I thought as long as I was sincere and friendly I would perform well. The conversation went on smoothly. She seemed much more interested in my habits and hobbies than how good I was at English. Then it seemed that I did the most talking that day. I told her about my family and school life. Obviously I succeeded and from then on I went to teach her English every weekend.
Lucy told me later that it was my sincerity that makes her willingly accept me. It is true that there are many tips while seeking for a job, but remember to be sincere. It?s the secret of my success.
Directions: For this part, suppose you are Zhang Hong, you are allowed thirty minutes to write a letter to the department concerned to complain about having missed an important appointment because the train was delayed. You should write at least 120 words according to the suggestions given below in Chinese:
1. 讲述这次约会的重要性
2. 描述失约所给你带来的严重后果
3. 呼吁有关方面应当...
【范文背诵】
To whom it may concern,
I?m writing to complain about a train delay. I took the T435 train from Beijing to Tianjin on January 14th for an important business appointment in Tianjin. I was supposed to negotiate a business contract with a German company. But due to the train delay I was an hour late and the negotiators from the German company had already left when I finally arrived. As a result, my company suffered great loss and I received punishment consequently.
Train delay is a common phenomenon in our country and has caused many losses and inconveniences. I think the railroad company first of all should take effective measures to reduce the occurrence of train delay. In addition, the railroad company should compensate the passengers in case of a train delay.
I am looking forward to a satisfying reply soon.
Yours sincerely,
Zhang Hong
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic Internet in China. You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the chart and the outline given below:
1. 上图所示为 1999—2004全国上网人数情况,请描述其变化.
2. 请说明发生这些变化的原因(可从计算机的用途,价格,国民生活水平提高或社会发展等方面加以说明).
3. 你认为人们在计算机使用过程中有什么困难或问题.
【范文背诵】
Internet in China
According to the above chart, the number of the people who go on the Internet has increased from 3.04 million in 1999 to 118 million in 2004. This indicates that Internet has gained its popularity in China at a very high speed.
There are many reasons for Internet?s rapid development in China. First, as a convenient source of information as well as an efficient means of communication, Internet becomes more and more useful to our study and work. Second, due to fierce competition computer companies have lowered the price of their products. The cheaper computers become, the more users there are. With computer, they can easily have access to the Internet. In addition, with the development of our society and the improvement of our living standard, people in China pursue a more colorful life with Internet. Some people download music and movies from the Internet, some join various clubs and make friends on the Internet, some even often do some shopping through the Internet.
Internet is also a sword with two edges. It brings about troubles for us. One common problem is computer viruses. They spread very quickly through the Internet and cause great damage to computer users. Another is crime committed through the Internet. As a result, we feel happy about the rapid development of Internet in China but at the same time we should guard against its negative effects.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a letter to a good friend John, congratulating him on his admission to a famous university. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 对朋友进入大学表示祝贺
2. 介绍大学生活和中学生活的异同
3. 对如何成功地过好大学生活提出自己的建议
【范文背诵】
A Congratulation Letter
June 16, 2006
Dear John,
I?m very glad to hear that you have passed the entrance examination and been accepted by a very famous university. I feel very proud of you and I believe you really deserve the honor since you have been working so hard.
As you have mentioned in the letter, there are both some similarities and differences between the college life and the life in high school. On the one hand, you have to go on working hard as there are a lot of subjects for you to learn. On the other hand, in high school, teachers will probably tell you what to learn and how to learn in details and will also monitor your learning performance, while in college, teachers work like tour guides and you have to find out your own way to acquire knowledge and solve problems.
For you, I think to be optimistic is very important. If you hope to adapt yourself to the new environment, you?d better be positive no matter what difficulties you will experience in your college life. May you adapt yourself to the college life as soon as possible!
Truly Yours,
Carl
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic How to Deal with Cheating You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 学生作弊的方式多种多样
2. 作弊的原因,对作弊学生应如何处理
3. 怎样杜绝作弊
【范文背诵】
How to Deal with Cheating
Many students tend to cheat in the exams. Some will copy the answers from their books. Some will talk with each other to share the right answers. Besides, some even write down the information on their skin.
There are several causes leading to cheating. Some students want to get high scores without efforts. Secondly, some are under great pressure and they fear to fail the exams. Once the students are found cheating, the teachers should punish them severely and explain the harm of cheating to them.
There are at least two ways to eliminate cheating. On the one hand, we should explain the harm of cheating to our students. On the other hand, strict measures should be taken against cheating. As a result, the fair play in the exams can be achieved and students can pay attention to study instead of cheating.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic A Letter of Application for a School Loan. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
假设你是高鹏,是英语系的一名新生,请你就申请助学贷款一事给学校有关部门写封申请信.申请信的内容须包括以下几点:
1. 提出申请
2. 申请的理由
3. 恳请批准
【范文背诵】
A Letter of Application for a School Loan
To whom it may concern,
I?m writing to you to apply for a school loan. As a freshman from the English Department, I have much financial difficulty in continuing my study.
There are five members in my family. My father is the only breadwinner of the whole family while my mother was laid off two years ago. My grandmother has been suffering a chronic illness for more than five years. My younger brother is now studying in a high middle school. I took part?time jobs during the summer vacation, but what I have earned is far from enough for me to pay the required tuition fees. In order to continue my study, I have to apply for a school loan.
If my request is granted, I will make good use of the money and put my heart into study. I will definitely pay back the loan according to the requirements. I hope that you will consider my application. Looking forward to your reply.
Yours sincerely,
Gao Peng
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic A Letter to the University President about the Goods Promotion on Campus. You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline given below in Chinese:
假设你是李慧,就校园内推销各种商品的情况给校长写封信,信的内容应包括:
1. 校园内经常见到推销各种商品的现象
2. 产生这种现象的原因
3. 你的具体建议
【范文背诵】
about the Goods Promotion on CampusApril 21, 2006
Dear Mr. President,
Nowadays the goods promotion on campus is on the rise. When you are taking a nap on the dormitory, you will be disturbed by knocks on the door by a salesman. Most of those goods promoted are of poor quality. Worse still, this poses a potential danger on the security of the dormitory.
Why is the goods promotion so pervasive on campus Firstly, many salesmen believe that college students are naive and can be easily deceived. Secondly, a number of students, especially the freshmen, are in great need of various necessities at the beginning of each semester. Thirdly, some students want to take part?time jobs and earn some money.
As for this kind of phenomenon, I?d like to put forward some suggestions. On the one hand, those professional salesmen should not be allowed to enter the dormitory to promote their goods. On the other hand, no promotion activity should be allowed during noon break. I hope in this way our campus life will be left undisturbed.
Yours,
Li Hui
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic Heated Match, Fair Play. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
假设你是学校广播站播音员,对今天上午举行的学校篮球联赛决赛进行报道.报道的内容应包括以下几点:
1. 比赛举行的时间,地点及参赛队伍
2. 比赛的主要过程
3. 对比赛结果的分析
【范文背诵】
Heated Match, Fair Play
Dear fellow students,
Good evening. Here comes the coverage of the final basketball match of our school league.
The match was held in the school stadium in the morning. One team was from the English Department, and the other from the Maths Department.
The game began at 8:30. All the players brought their potential into full play. Both teams took the lead by turns. The biggest margin was less than ten points. It was really the closest game I have ever watched. When there was 5 seconds left, the team from the English Department lagged narrowly behind by two points. At the last second, Li Qiang scored a three pointer and put the English team in lead by one point. The audience burst into thunderous applause and cheers. At last, the English team screwed a 75?74 win over the Maths team.
All of the players on both teams played marvelously, with the leading scorer Li Qiang. He scored 26 points, 10 of them in the decisive final quarter. Besides, he also snatched 9 rebounds. No wonder he was elected the MVP of the game.
That?s the exciting report on the game. Thank you.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic College Students? Consumption. You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 右图所示为我国某城市大学生消费结构的比例,请对此进行分析;
2. 请说明产生这种现象的原因(可从大学生消费心理的变化加以说明).
【范文背诵】
College Students? Consumption
In what way do college students spend their money On this issue, the above chart tells us a lot.
We know from the chart that money for food and daily commodities, with 34% of the total spending, occupies the largest part of college students? consumption. It is really true that food is the first necessity of man.
Another 16% goes for entertainment and 8% for traveling, which shows that the life of college students is getting more and more colorful. They know not only how to study but also how to relax as well as enjoy their life.
12% for clothing tells us that college students pay much attention to their appearance and are eager to keep up with the fashion. And there is no denying that the clothing of the college students really helps them show their vitality and personality.
However, 17% for mobile phone fee while only 13% for study provides no reason for us to be optimistic. Of course, we can understand that mobile phones give us a lot of convenience and help us get in touch with each other easily. But money on mobile phone fee seems a little too much.
In conclusion, we can learn to certain degree the status and trend of college students? consumption from the chart. Basically, their consumption is reasonable and realistic. But some instructions on their consumption are still needed. As our society is developing, the way college students spend their money will be further varied.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write An Eye?Witness Account of a Fire. You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline given below in Chinese:
假设你在某日某时某地目击一起火灾,就此写一份见证书.见证书必须包括以下几点:
1. 火灾发生的地点
2. 你所见到的火灾场面
3. 对火灾原因的分析
【范文背诵】
An Eye?Witness Account of a Fire
It was last Saturday morning. I was walking toward the small bookstore near our school when I heard people?s screams. I quickened my steps toward the source of the screams and saw the gas station just opposite the bookstore was on fire.
The front of the gas station and a car in front of it were on fire. People were shouting and running about and water was poured out from pipes. The car on fire was soon put out, badly damaged. But it was very difficult to put out the big fire on the gas station. Just at the urgent moment, there came the screams of fire trucks. With the help of the firefighters, the whole situation was quickly under control.
I don?t know the exact reason why the gas station caught fire. But I think everyone should be careful at a gas station, because even a smoking cigarette can easily set fire on it.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic A Letter of Inquiry of Applying for an English Club. You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline given below in Chinese:
假设你是王梅,就申请加入英语俱乐部给俱乐部负责人写一封信,内容应涉及自己的基本情况,并咨询相关事宜,如入会方式,条件,会费,活动等.
【范文背诵】
A Letter of Inquiry of Applying for an English Club
May 18, 2006
To whom it may concern,
I am writing to you to apply for the membership of the English Club. As a sophomore from the English Department, I love English literature very much. I often attend the English Corner held on Friday in the People?s University of China and would like to discuss various topics in English with others.
I am eager to be one member of the English Club and improve further my English. I know there are some requirements, but I am not clear about the details. Is it necessary for me to pay for membership If so, how much should I pay And how often I have also heard that the club will host various activities, but can you give me more details
I would be very grateful if you can send me a reply as soon as possible. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Yours sincerely,
Wang Mei
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a compositionon the topic My First Impression in College.You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 这是我在大学的第一天
2. 大学生活与中学生活有何不同
3. 我理想中的大学生活应是...
【范文背诵】
My First Impression in College
On the very first day in college, I was surprised to find the campus was so large. Believe it or not, I even lost my way to the dormitory when I returned from the dining hall.
At first, I had difficulty adapting myself to college life. In college, we had more free time than in middle school. In the evening, we were not required to study in the classroom. Instead, we could go anywhere and do what we want. I was at a loss on how to make use of so much free time. Then I borrowed a number of books from the library and most of them were novels, which I had no chance to read in middle school. Besides reading books in my spare time, I played table tennis for fun and made enormous progress.
In my opinion, study should be the priority of our college life. Besides, we can take part in sports activities and have fun. Of course, we may take part?time jobs to improve our skills. In all, college life should be colorful and meaningful.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic A Letter to the University President about the Library Service on Campus. You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline given below in Chinese:
假设你是李刚,请你就本校图书馆的状况给校长写一封信,内容应涉及图书馆的藏书数量和更新状况,环境,服务等,可以是表扬,可以是批评建议,也可以兼而有之.
【范文背诵】
about the Library Service on the CampusJune 6, 2006
Dear Mr. President,
I am writing to express my concern over the library service on the campus.As a major in English, I find that most of the books in English in the library are outdated. So far, I have not come across a single book published after 1995. As a result, we fail to get the latest information of academic development both at home and abroad.
In addition, the light in the reading room is far from bright, which does harm to our eyes. Worse still, there is no air?conditioning and we are sweating heavily while reading.
Last but not least, the newly developed electronic information system does not work well and needs further improvement. A great number of books should have been listed in the system.
There is no denying that the library has helped us a lot. But it is in urgent need of improvement. When improved, the library is certain to provide much more help with our study.
Thank you for your time. I am looking forward to your reply.
Yours sincerely,
Li Gang
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write A Letter to a Friend Who Failed in the Examination. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
假设你的朋友马文在一次考试中失败了,请你就此写封信安慰并鼓励他.
【范文背诵】
A Letter to a Friend Who Has Failed in the Examination
Dear Ma Wen,
I am sorry to hear that you have failed narrowly in the English examination. And I am very upset to hear that you are so depressed that you haven?t talk to anyone for two days.
I can understand what you are feeling now. It is rather depressing to fail in an important exam just by 1 point. Perhaps you can?t help thinking \"If only I had been a little more careful...\"Unfortunately in the reality there is no \"if only\". But a failure doesn?t mean the doom of the world. There are more exams to come in the future. He who laughs last laughs best.
It is time for you to turn grief into strength. You can make use of this chance to improve your English. Looking back, you can learn a lot from your mistakes; look forward, you will find a bright tomorrow before you. I will be glad to help you and let?s study together!
Best Wishes!
Yours,
Huck
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on thetopic A Letter of Application. You should write at least 120 words according to the suggestions given below in Chinese:
假设你是李强,是一名即将毕业的大学生.请你就申请北文公司在今天《中国青年报》上刊登的助理编辑一职给其人事部经理张先生写封信,写信内容应包括:
1. 写信的目的
2. 喜欢这份工作的原因
3. 自己的优势
【范文背诵】
A Letter of Application
May 30, 2006
Manager of the Personnel Department
Dear Mr. Zhang,
I noticed your ad for a sub?editor in today?s China Youth Daily. Because writing and publication work have long been interest of mine, I wish to apply for this position.
I like such a job because I like writing and I enjoy working at the desk very much. While in school, I was the sports editor on the campus newspaper and the senior editor for the campus literary magazine since graduation. Such experience strengthened my determination to take writing as my life career.
My education also qualifies me for the job. In 1998 I earned my B.A. degree with a major in English and a minor in journalism. So I would be ready to deal with both domestic and cross?cultural issues.
I am currently available for an interview any weekday after 3:00 PM. You can reach me at my home phone, 6228?9614.
Looking forward to hearing from you, and thank you for your attention.
Sincerely yours,
Li Qiang
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition onthe topic Education Gap Contributes to Wealth Gap. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 下面两幅图所示为我国1984年,1994年,2004年城乡知识差距及收入差距的情况,
请描述其变化;
2. 请说明发生这些变化的原因及影响(可从城乡经济,就业,文体等方面加以说明);
3. 你认为目前应如何缩小城乡之间这种差距.
城乡知识差距比
%
城乡收入差距比
【范文背诵】
Education Gap Contributes to Wealth Gap
From the first chart, we learn that China?s rural areas have a far lower proportion of residents with higher education levels than do China?s urban areas. In particular, there are more than 5 undergraduates in 100 people in the city, contrasted with nearly naught in the countryside. The second chart tells us that there exists a widening wealth gap between China?s rural and urban populations, with the gap rate rising from 1.9 to 2.9 and to 3.5. It is not difficult for us to come to the conclusion that education gap contributes to wealth gap.
As is known to all, the city has many advantages over the countryside in terms of attracting talented people — more job opportunities, cultural activities, sporting events. On the other hand, people with higher education levels enjoy more mobility. Given the information age, mental work is far more profitable than manual work. It is unsurprising but worrying that the wealth gap between city and countryside is widening.
The widening wealth gap poses a threat on social stability. The following are two of my suggestions to tackle this problem. Firstly, it?s time to adopt the policy of free education for all kids and break the evil circle: the poor parents cannot pay for the high education cost for children and their children get poor in the future. Secondly, it is necessary for rural governments to work out some favorable policies to attract funds for establishment of factories in the countryside. The improvement of employment situation will enormously help pull back some intellectuals and lessen the gap.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition onthe topic What are College Students Doing on the Internet You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 据统计,在网上聊天交友,玩网络游戏是目前我国大学生上网的主要活动内容
2. 专家认为,那些沉迷于聊天和游戏的大学生,不仅耗费了金钱,时间和精力,还影响了正常的学业和人际交往
3. 我们应当如何看待大学生上网的问题
【范文背诵】
What are College Students Doing on the Internet
Nowadays surfing the Internet has become very popular on campus. I am impressed most that many college students spend too much time playing games and chatting on the Internet.
As is well known, chatting and playing and can do much harm to us if we spend too much time on the virtual world. Firstly, it is an enormous waste of time and we will have little time for our study. Secondly, those who play games or chat day and night will be harmed physically for lack of rest and sleep. Thirdly, our social ties will suffer as a result of the immersion in the virtual world. The last but not the least, it will cost us much money.
In my opinion, we should deal with the Internet carefully. On the one hand, we can get some pleasure and knowledge from the Internet. On the other hand, we shouldn?t spend too much time, energy and money on the Internet because study is our priority. In conclusion, we should make good and proper use of the Internet.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic An Introduction to a Friend of a Good Reference Book. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
假设你是张华,请给你的一位朋友写封信,介绍你以前所用过的一本好的参考书,并建议他如何使用该书.
【范文背诵】
An Introduction to a Friend of a Good Reference Book
June 12th, 2006
Dear Lisa,
You have told me you will take CET?4 in three months and you are very worried now. Here I want to recommend you a good reference book and hope it will be helpful to you.
The book, A Guide to CET?4, is edited by a famous professor who has years of English teaching experience.
OK, now let me tell you how to use this book more efficiently and effectively. When you get the book, first look at the table of contents, which will help you to understand the structure of this book. This book consists of three parts — one is the tutoring and exercises arranged according to different examination types; another provides ten model tests of CET?4; and the last part is the keys to all the exercises in the book.
While reading, you can either read chapter by chapter, or just find out and read the chapters that appeal to you. One thing I?d like to remind you is to make full use of the model tests. Practice makes perfect, right When you check the answers in the third part, read the explanations carefully. Having this book is really like having a professional tutor by your side.
OK, that?s all for the introduction to this book. I hope it can help. Wish you good luck in the coming test.
Yours sincerely,
Zhang Hua
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic The Prevalence of Western Holidays. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 中国传统节日受到冷遇,西方节日日益升温已成为趋势
2. 形成这种现象的原因
3. 你对这种现象的态度
【范文背诵】
The Prevalence of Western Holidays
It is noticeable that western holidays are becoming increasingly popular day by day, while Chinese traditional holidays are being somewhat neglected. Old people often complain that Chinese New Year has lost its real meaning. To their astonishment, young people in China, ignorant about Chinese traditional holidays, are crazy about Christmas or Valentine?s Day.
There are several possible reasons for this phenomenon. First, western nations, such as the United States and Britain, are powerful and dominant in every aspect. Everything in these countries is assumed to be superior and adored by some modern young people. Second, the prevalence of English as a world language and the development of globalization enable western culture to flood in China. Overwhelmed by such a trend, Chinese unconsciously get involved in western culture. Last but not least, some Chinese people have blind faith in foreign things while dismiss our own possessions with contempt.
I am critical of this trend. China boasts a brilliant history and splendid traditions. In modern times, Chinese tradition should be preserved and promoted. But it seems that young people no longer treasure the tradition. On the contrary, they turn to pursue enthusiastically a supposedly more modern culture. If this trend is allowed to continue, the priceless heritage of our ancestors will be replaced by western traditions. Nobody expects such a consequence. So let?s join hand in hand to protect Chinese tradition.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic A Boom in Continuing Education. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 上图所示为某城市1989,1994,1999,2004年参加成人教育(或继续教育)的人数情况,请描述其变化;
2. 请说明发生这些变化的原因(可从社会发展及竞争能力方面加以说明)
3. 请预测我国成人教育(继续教育)的前景
【范文背诵】
A Boom in Continuing Education
From the graph, we know the statistics of the Continuing Education participation and the increasing numbers of the participants in X city. In 1989 there were only thirty people taking part in the Continuing Education, but in 1994 the number has grown to eighty?four thousand people, and in 1999, a hundred and sixteen thousand, and in 2004, the number of Continuing Education participation reached its top: a hundred and seventy thousand. It can be seen easily that there are more and more people who hope to get advanced degrees and gain more knowledge after they began to work.
There are many reasons responsible for the great change, and the following are the typical ones. For one thing, during the work people begin to realize what they have learned before is far from enough. They know what kind of knowledge they need. In addition, as the science and technology in China are developing so fast, adults after graduation have to go back to universities to refresh themselves and improve their competitive ability in society. The main reason is the population growth that affects people?s promotion chances. Many people without Bachelor have been laid off. Therefore, such competitive social background stimulates many people to continue to study.
However, this graph may not predict the entire situation in the future. I believe one thing is quite certain that education can?t be separated from our social development. As our society is developing, more and more people will receive Continuing Education in the future.
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a letter of apology. You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline given below in Chinese:
1. 表达自己对晚交论文一事的歉意.
2. 说明未能按时交论文的原因.
3. 表示自己将尽快把论文补交上并表示以后将按时交作业.
【范文背诵】
A Letter of Apology
Dear Mr. Wang,
I am writing to apologize for my late homework. The paper which you have assigned to us last Monday was due this Friday, but to my regret, I haven?t even started it yet. I feel really sorry for not handing in the paper on time and for the inconvenience it would bring to you.
I have caught a serious cold last week and the doctor asked me to stay in bed for a week since I was very weak and the weather was very cold these days. Therefore, I couldn?t go to the library to get the necessary referential information which was needed for my paper. As a result of this, I have not started writing the paper yet and could not handed it in on time.
Fortunately I have finally fully recovered. I will finish the paper as soon as I can and try my best to hand in homework on time in the future.
Sincerely yours,
Li Yan
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-10-9 16:32 , Processed in 0.153960 second(s), 4 queries , Redis On.