|
——为何要分开来发?1.换点财富2.自己OCR得很不容易
接待客人
●接待访客
请问您有什么事?
How can I help you?
(请问您有什么事?)
I’m here to see Mr. Smith.
(我来见史密斯先生。)
*说“Can I help you?”也可以, 但加上how, 听起来更有礼貌。对客人或上司可以这么说。
May I help you?
Can I help you?
What can I do for you?
What would you like?
能告诉我您的名字吗?
I have an appointment with Mr. Smith.
(我和史密斯先生有个约会。)
May I have your name?
(能告诉我您的名字吗?)
*在正式场合询问对方姓名时的说法。
May I ask your name?
And your name ...?
您约好的吗?
I’d like to see Mr. Jones.
(我想见琼斯先生。)
Do you have an appointment?
(您约好的吗?)
*would like to ... “想……”。
*appointment “约会”、 “预约”。中国也一样, 正式的会面一般都是事先约好了再去。
I’m here for an interview.
(我是来面谈的。)
Did you make an appointment?
(您事先约好的吗?)
*make an appointment “约定”。
Is he expecting you?
*expect “预期”、 “等候”。直译是“他在等你吗?”。
Did you call for an appointment?
(您电话预约了吗?)
Are you expected?
请问您找他有什么事?
I am here to see the manager.
(我来找你们经理。)
May I ask what you want to see him about?
(请问您找他有什么事?)
*see “见面”。
*May I ask ...? “我可以问您……吗?”。
What ... about? “……关于什么事情?”。
What do you want to see him about?
Could I ask what you want to see him about?
*Could I ask ...? “请问……”。
我和史密斯先生两点有个约会。
May I help you?
(您有什么事?)
I have an appointment with Mr. Smith at two.
(我和史密斯先生两点有个约会。)
*have an appointment with ... “和……有个约会”。
I have a two o’clock appointment with Mr. Smith.
(我和史密斯先生两点有个约会。)
I’ll tell him you’re here.
(我会告诉他您已经到了。)
I’m meeting Mr. Smith at two.
We’re meeting at two.
I’m to see Mr. Smith at two o’clock.
My appointment with Mr. Smith is at two o’clock.
Mr. Smith and I have a two o’clock appointment.
我查一下。
Do you know where it is?
(你知道这个在哪儿吗?)
Let me find out.
(我查一下。)
*find out ... “查找”、 “详细调查”。
Let me look into it.
*look into ... “调查”。
Let me check.
是广告部的史密斯先生吗?
I’d like to see Mr. Smith, please.
(我想见一下史密斯先生。)
Mr. Smith of the advertising department?
(是广告部的史密斯先生吗?)
*advertising “广告”。department “部”。
Is that Mr. Smith in the advertising department?
You mean Mr. Smith of the advertising department? *mean “说的是……”。
我看一下他在不在。
Is Mr. Smith here?
(史密斯先生在吗?)
Let me see if he is in.
(我看一下他在不在。)
*这里的if指“是否”。
Let me check to see if He’s available.
(我先看看他有没有空。)
Let me see if He’s here.
这里没有叫那个名字的。
There’s nobody here by that name.
(这里没有叫那个名字的。)
Could you double-check? (你能不能再找找看?)
*by that name “叫那个名字的”。
*double-check “复核”、 “再确认”。
There’s no Mr. Smith here.
(我们这儿没有史密斯先生。)
There’s nobody named Mr. Smith here.
(我们这儿没有叫史密斯先生的。)
青木先生这就来见你。
Mr. Aoki is ready to see you.
(青木先生这就来见你。)
Thank you very much.
(谢谢。)
*服务台对来访的客人常说的一句话。be ready to指“准备做”。
Mr. Aoki will see you now.
Mr. Aoki is able to see you now.
他马上来。
I’m here to see Mr. Brown.
(我是来见布朗先生的。)
He’ll be with you shortly.
(他马上来。)
I’d like to see Mr. Smith, please.
(我想见史密斯先生。)
He’ll be right with you.
(他马上就来。)
*right “马上”、 “立刻”。
He’ll be with you in a minute.
He will see you soon.
He’ll be right out.
我带你转一圈吧。
Today is my first day.
(今天是我上班第一天。)
Let me show you around.
(我带你转一圈吧。)
*let “让……”。
I’ll give you a tour. *tour “参观”。
I’ll show you where everything is.
(我带你参观一下各个地方。)
*where everything is “样样都在哪里”。
Shall I show you around?
(我带你四处转转?)
*Shall I ...? “我……好吗?”。
坐前面的电梯上去。
How do I get to his office?
(我怎么去他的办公室?)
Take the elevator at the front.
(坐前面的电梯上去。)
*坐电梯用take或get on。at the front “在前面”。
Get on the front elevator.
The elevator at the front will take you there.
(坐前面的电梯可以上去。)
在3层。
Where is your office?
(你的办公室在哪儿?)
It’s on the third floor.
(在3层。)
*“在……层”用on。
It’s located on the third floor.
*be located “位于”。
It’s situated on the third floor.
*be situated “位于”。
您出了电梯, 右手边第一个房间就是。
Which room is he in?
(他在哪个房间?)
When you get off the elevator, it’s the first door on the right.
(您出了电梯,右手边第一个房间就是。)
*get off “(从……)下来”。first “第一个”。
Turn right when you get off the elevator. It’s the first door. *turn “转向”。
It’s the first door on the right when you get off the elevator.
有人来找您。
There’s someone to see you.
(有人来找您。)
Please let him in.
(让他进来吧。)
Someone is here to see you.
There’s someone who wants to see you.
You have a visitor.
(你来客人了。)
*visitor “访客”。
史密斯先生还没有到。
Mr. Smith hasn’t shown up yet.
(史密斯先生还没有到。)
He’ll be here shortly.
(他马上就来。)
*show up “出现”、 “到来”。
Mr. Smith isn’t here yet.
Mr. Smith hasn’t arrived yet.
到时间我们会告诉您。
We’ll let you know when it’s time.
(到时间我们会告诉您。)
Thank you very much.
(谢谢。)
*服务台对访客常用的一句话。
We’ll tell you when it’s ready.
We’ll inform you when it’s time.
您再稍等片刻好吗?
Would you mind waiting a few minutes longer?
(您再稍等片刻好吗?)
I’ll give you five more minutes.
(我再等5分钟。)
*Would you mind ...? “能否……吗?”。
Could I have a few more minutes?
(您再给我几分钟好吗?)
I need to ask for a few more minutes.
(我还需要几分钟。)
May I have more time?
(能再给我一些时间吗?)
我不太清楚。
What time will Mr. Smith be back?
(史密斯先生什么时候回来?)
I’m not sure.
(我不太清楚。)
*sure “确信的”。
I’m not certain. *certain “确切的”。
I’m not positive. *positive “明确的”。
我这就告诉他您来了。
I have an appointment with Mr. Jones.
(我和琼斯先生约好的。)
I’ll tell him that you’re here.
(我这就告诉他您来了。)
*这里的tell是“告诉”的意思。
I’ll let him know you’re here.
I’ll inform him that you’ve arrived.
*inform “通知”。arrive “到达”。
●告知不在
对不起, 他现在不在办公室。
Can I speak with Mr. Aoki?
(青木先生在吗?)
I’m afraid he’s out of the office now.
(对不起, 他现在不在办公室。)
*out of ... “离开……”、 “外出”。
I’m afraid he isn’t in his office.
I’m sorry, but he’s out of his office.
对不起, 史密斯先生已经回去了。
Can I speak with Mr. Smith?
(我能见一下史密斯先生吗?)
I’m afraid Mr. Smith’s gone for the day.
(对不起, 史密斯先生已经回去了。)
*这里的be afraid有“遗憾”、 “不巧”的意思。
I’m afraid Mr. Smith is no longer available today.
*no longer “不再”。
I’m afraid Mr. Smith has left already.
(对不起, 史密斯先生已经走了。)
I’m afraid Mr. Smith won’t be in for the rest of the day.
*这里的in指“在公司”。rest “剩下的时间”。
I’m afraid Mr. Smith won’t be back till tomorrow.
(恐怕史密斯先生今天不会回来了。)
改天你再来好吗?
Would you come back some other time?
(改天你再来好吗?)
Sure, I’d be happy to.
(好的,我很乐意。)
*come back “来”。some other time “(未明确的)今天以外的日子”、 “其他日子”。
Would you come back again some other time?
Would you return some other time?
Could you come back another time?
下午3点回来。
When will Mr. Smith be back?
(史密斯先生几点能回来?)
He won’t be back till 3∶00 p.m.
(下午3点回来。)
*won’t是will not的省略。till表示动作、 状态的持续, “到……时候”。
He won’t return until 3∶00 p.m.
*return “回来”、 “返回”。
He will be back at 3∶00 p.m.
(他下午3点回来。)
经理正在开会。
I’d like to see the person in charge.
(我想见你们的负责人。)
The manager is in a meeting now.
(经理正在开会。)
*the person in charge “负责人”。
The manager isn’t available now.
(经理现在没空。)
*这里的available表示“有空的”。
The manager is busy now.
(经理现在很忙。)
He’s occupied. *occupied是occupy (占据、 占领)的过去分词。
史密斯先生这星期在休假。
I’d like to see Mr. Smith, please.
(我想见史密斯先生。)
Mr. Smith’s out on vacation this week.
(史密斯先生这星期在休假。)
*这里的out指“外出的”、 “不在的”。on vacation “在休假”。
Mr. Smith is on vacation this week.
Mr. Smith’s vacationing this week.
我来是问你详细的情况。
I’ve been told to ask you for the details.
(我来是问你详细的情况。)
I’d be happy to give them to you.
(我很乐意告诉你。)
*details “详情”。直译是“别人让我来问你详细的情况”。
You’re the one to ask for details, I’m told.
I’ve been told that you could give me the details.
见其他人可以吗?
I’d like to see the manager, please.
(我想见你们经理。)
Can someone else assist you?
(见其他人可以吗?)
*else “其他的”、 “另外的”。
Can someone else help you?
Maybe I can help you.
(也许我可以帮助你。)
*maybe “也许”。
●与访客交谈
你是X公司的史密斯先生吗?
Are you Mr. Smith of X Company?
(你是X公司的史密斯先生吗?)
One and the same.
(是。)
*在机场或车站认出对方并进行确认时使用的说法。
*one and the same “完全是同一个人”。
Are you the Mr. Smith who works at X Company?
Are you X Company’s Mr. Smith?
我正等您呢。
I’m Bob Jones of X Company.
(我是X公司的鲍勃?琼斯。)
I’ve been expecting you.
(我正等您呢。)
*expect “等候(某人的到来)”。
I’ve been looking forward to meeting you.
(我一直在盼着见您。)
*look forward to ... “盼望……”。
I’ve been waiting for you.
让您久等了。
Thank you for waiting.
(让您久等了。)
Thank you for seeing me.
(谢谢您来看我。)
I’m sorry to have kept you waiting.
*keep ... waiting “让……等待”。
Sorry for the wait.
I appreciate your waiting.
我让您等很长时间了吗?
Have I kept you waiting long?
(我让您等很长时间了吗?)
No, I just got here.
(没有,我刚到这儿。)
*keep “保持(某种状态)”。
Have you been waiting long?
I hope you haven’t been waiting too long.
(希望没有让您等太长时间。)
*hope “希望”。too long “太长”。
这边走。
Where’s the meeting room?
(会议室在哪里?)
Right this way.
(这边走。)
This way, please.
(请这边走。)
Thank you.
(谢谢。)
Follow me.
(请跟我来。)
Here you go.
Go right ahead.
*go ahead表示“朝前走”。
请坐。
Please take a seat.
(请坐。)
Is any place OK?
(可以随便坐吗?)
*take a seat “坐”。
Please have a seat.
(请坐。)
Where should I sit?
(我坐哪儿?)
*have a seat用于劝别人就坐, 比sit down礼貌。
Please sit down.
Please be seated.
Have a seat, please.
请随意。
Please make yourself comfortable.
(请随意。)
Thank you. I’ll have a seat.
(谢谢。那我就坐下了。)
*comfortable “放松的”、 “舒服的”。在家里招待客人时经常使用的一句话。
Please make yourself at home.
*at home有“(像在自己家里一样)随便”、 “放松”的意思。make yourself at home是“请随意”的惯用表达方式。
Please relax.
现在是一年当中最忙的时候。
Everyone seems so busy.
(每个人看起来都很忙。)
Yes, this is our busiest season.
(是啊, 现在是一年当中最忙的时候。)
*season表示“季节”, 但是这里指“期间”、 “活动时期”。
We’re busiest at this time of year.
This is our busiest time of year.
我可以要你一张名片吗?
It was nice meeting you.
(很高兴认识了你。)
May I have your business card?
(我可以要你一张名片吗?)
*May I ...? “我可以……吗?”。business card “名片”。
Do you have a business card?
(你有名片吗?)
I’d like your business card, please.
你在X公司工作?
So, you work for X Company?
(这么说, 你在X公司工作?)
Yes, I’m in accounting.
(是, 我从事会计工作。)
*听完对方的话,用so进行总结。
*accounting “会计”。
Are you working for X Company?
Do you work at X Company?
我听说过你们公司。
I’ve heard of your company.
(我听说过你们公司。)
Good things, I hope.
(但愿听的都是好话。)
*hear of ... “听到”、 “听说”。
I’m familiar with your company.
*be familiar with ... “熟悉……”。
Your company sounds familiar.
*sound familiar “听起来耳熟”。
我从史密斯先生那里听说过你。
I’ve heard about you from Mr. Smith.
(我从史密斯先生那里听说过你。)
How does he know me?
(他怎么会知道我?)
Mr. Smith has told me about you.
I’ve heard from Mr. Smith about you.
I’ve heard a lot about you from Mr. Smith.
I’ve heard a lot about you.
(久闻大名。)
久闻大名。
I’ve heard your name many times.
(久闻大名。)
I’ve heard of you, too.
(彼此彼此。)
I’ve heard your name mentioned often.
Your name has been mentioned often.
能给我透露些消息吗?
Could you tell me what it’s about?
(能给我透露些消息吗?)
I can’t tell you until the announcement.
(公开发布前我无可奉告。)
*Could you tell me ...? “能告诉我……吗?”
What ... about? “……是什么内容?”
*announcement “声明”、 “公告”。
Could you let me know what it’s about?
*let me know “让我知道”。
Could you give me some idea of what it’s about?
我们以前见过面吧?
We’ve met before, haven’t we?
(我们以前见过面吧?)
No, I don’t think we’ve met.
(没有,我想我们没见过面。)
*have met是现在完成时, 这里指“见过面”。
Have we met before?
(我们以前见过面吗?)
I’m not sure. What’s your name?
(我不记得了。您叫什么名字?)
Do I know you?
Have we ever met? *ever “在某时”。
Don’t I know you from somewhere?
Haven’t we met before?
谢谢您那么老远来这里。
Thank you for coming all the way over here.
(谢谢您那么老远来这里。)
It was no trouble.
(没什么。)
*这是迎接远方来客时的说法。all the way意思是“那么老远”、 “特意”。
Thank you for coming all this way to see us.
(谢谢您那么老远来看我们。)
Not at all.
(不用谢。)
Thank you for coming all this way.
Thank you for coming over.
We appreciate you traveling all the way from ... to see us.
*appreciate “感谢”。
我给您叫辆出租车。
I really should be getting back.
(我真得回去了。)
I’ll call a taxi for you.
(我给您叫辆出租车。)
*get back “返回”、 “回去”。
*call a taxi “叫出租车”。
Let me call you a cab. *cab “出租车”。
I’ll call a cab for you.
我给他叫辆出租车。
He needs a ride home.
(他得坐车回家。)
I should call him a taxi.
(我给他叫辆出租车。)
I’d better call him a taxi.
*I’d是I had的省略。had better “最好……”。
I’d better get him a cab.
我开车送您。
I’m going to walk back to my hotel now.
(我现在要走着回宾馆了。)
Let me give you a ride.
(我开车送您。)
*give ... a ride “开车送……”。
I’ll take you There.
Let me drive you There.
谢谢您今天来。
Thank you for coming today.
(谢谢您今天来。)
Thank you for having me.
(谢谢您接待我。)
*主人送客人或者是分别时的说法。
*这里的have指“接待”。
Thank you for coming.
(谢谢你能来。)
It was my pleasure.
(没什么。)
*pleasure “高兴”、 “满足”。
Thank you for being here today.
Thank you for showing up today.
*show up “光临”。
I really appreciate you coming.
*appreciate “感谢”。
I’m grateful that you came.
*be grateful that “对……深表谢意”。
请代向史密斯先生问好。
Say hello to Mr. Smith.
(请代向史密斯先生问好。)
I’d be happy to.
(我会的。)
*say hello to ... “代向……问好”。
*I’d是I would的省略。
Say hello to Mr. Smith for me.
(请代我向史密斯先生问好。)
I will.
(我会的。)
Tell Mr. Smith I said hello.
Give my regards to Mr. Smith.
*give one’s regards to ... “代向……问好”。regard 指“尊敬”、 “关心”、 “(口信或信件等的)问候”。
请把你的名片和产品目录留下来。
Are you interested in our products?
(您对我们的产品感兴趣吗?)
Please leave your card and catalogs.
(请把你的名片和产品目录留下来。)
*product “商品”、 “产品”。
*leave “留下”。
I’d like you to leave your card and catalogs.
May I have your card and catalogs?
(可以给我您的名片和产品目录吗?)
路上走好。
I have to go now.
(现在我得走了。)
I wish you a safe trip back home.
(路上走好。)
*I wish you ... “我希望你……”。
I wish you a safe trip home.
I wish you a good return trip.
Have a safe trip home.
May you have a safe trip.
●对话种种
你喝茶吗?
Would you like some tea?
(你喝茶吗?)
I would prefer some coffee.
(我想来杯咖啡。)
*Would you like to ...? “……怎么样?”。
*prefer “喜欢……”。
Can I get you some tea?
(给你来杯茶好吗?)
That would be nice.
(谢谢。)
Would you care for some tea?
*这里的“care for ...”指“喜欢”、 “希望”。
Care for a cup of tea?
Can I interest you in some tea? *Can I interest you in ...? “……怎么样?”。
How about some tea?
*How about ...? “……怎么样?”。
Would you like to have some tea?
*Would you like to ...? “……怎么样?”。
咖啡你喜欢怎么喝?
How do you like your coffee?
(咖啡你喜欢怎么喝?)
I take it black. (我什么都不加。)
*准备咖啡的时候可以这么问。
*How do you like ...? “你喜欢怎样……”。
How do you take your coffee?
How do you want your coffee?
要加奶油或糖吗?
Do you take cream or sugar?
(要加奶油或糖吗?)
One teaspoon of sugar, please.
(请给我来一小勺糖。)
Cream or sugar?
Would you like cream or sugar in your coffee?
(您的咖啡里加不加奶油或糖?)
请自便。
Help yourself.
(请自便。)
Thanks a lot. (谢谢。)
*这句话表示“请随便”、 “请自己来”。
Be my guest.
Go ahead and take one.
(去拿一个。)
*go ahead表示许可的“请”。
Help yourself to one. (请自己动手拿一个。)
*help oneself to ... “自用”、 “自取”。
You can help yourself. (您请随便。)
*help oneself “自取”。
这儿很冷, 是吧?
It’s cold in here, isn’t it?
(这儿很冷, 是吧?)
Too cold for words.
(真是冷得无法形容。)
Do you find it cold in here?
It’s chilly in here, isn’t it?
*chilly “寒冷的”、 “冷飕飕的”。
Isn’t it cold in here?
请您边等边浏览一下。
Is this the proposal? (这就是那个方案吗?)
Yes. Please take a look at it while you’re waiting. (是, 请您边等边浏览一下。)
*take a look at ... “浏览”、 “看一眼”。
Please look at it while you’re waiting.
Please glance it over while you’re waiting.
*glance “浏览”。
我带您参观一下我们公司。
I’d like to show you our company.
(我带您参观一下我们公司。)
Please do.
(好的。)
I’d like to give you a tour of our company.
*tour “参观”。
I’d like to show you around our company.
*show ... around “带……参观”。
您想看看我们的展览室吗?
Would you like to see our showroom?
(您想看看我们的展览室吗?)
I really would.
(太好了。)
Can I show you our showroom?
I’d like to show you our showroom.
我带你去。
I need to use the computer.
(我要用一下电脑。)
I’ll show you where it is.
(我带你去。)
*show “带领”。where it is “它在哪里”。
I’ll show you where we keep it.
*keep “保存”。
Let me show you where it’s at.
住希尔宾馆您看怎么样?
I can’t figure out where to stay.
(我不知道住哪儿好。)
Why don’t you try the Hill Hotel?
(住希尔宾馆您看怎么样?)
*figure out “计算”、 “考虑”、 “解决”。
*Why don’t you ...? 向别人提出建议时的习惯用语, 表示“……做, 你看怎样?”、 “何不……”。虽然它是一个疑问句, 但是这里并非在问对方“为什么”, 这一点请注意。try 指“尝试”、 “试一试”。
How about trying the Hill Hotel?
*How about ...? “……怎么样?”。
What about trying the Hill Hotel?
*What about ...? “……你看怎么样?”。
I recommend the Hill Hotel.
(我推荐希尔宾馆。)
*recommend “建议”。
您对我们工厂有什么看法?
What do you think of our factory?
(您对我们工厂有什么看法?)
I’m very impressed with it.
(它给我留下了很深的印象。)
*think of ... “思考”、 “考虑”。
*be impressed with ... “被……感动”、 “给以深刻印象”。
What do you think of our plant?
How do you feel about our factory?
What’s your opinion of our factory?
目前为止您觉得怎么样?
What do you think so far?
(目前为止您觉得怎么样?)
I’ve never seen anything like it.
(真是大饱眼福啊。)
*带领别人参观到一半时, 可以这么询问对方的感受。so far “迄今为止”、 “到目前”。
What’s your opinion so far?
What are your thoughts so far?
我只是见了史密斯先生认识而已。
I know Mr. Smith only by sight.
(我只是见了史密斯先生认识而已。)
I don’t know much about him, either.
(我也不是很了解他。)
*know ... by sight “见过”、 “知道长什么样”。
I can point him out but I’ve never met him.
I don’t know much about Mr. Smith.
(我不太了解史密斯先生。)
I hardly know Mr. Smith.
(我不怎么了解史密斯先生。)
*hardly “几乎不”。
我只听说过他的名字。
Do you know Mr. Aoki?
(你认识青木先生吗?)
I know him by name only.
(我只听说过他的名字。)
*by name “在名字上”。
I’ve heard of him by name.
(我听说过他的名字。)
I’m familiar with his name.
(他的名字我很熟。)
*familiar with “对……熟悉”。 |
|