注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 2573|回复: 19

[[小语种资源]] 第九期有奖写作练习(1个威望)

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-3-20 20:00:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第九期有奖写作练习(1个威望)

活动说明:游戏规则看本版置顶,Please read it carefully.
http://www.readfree.net/bbs/read ... page=1&toread=1

活动要求:请先认真阅读上面游戏规则.字数不少于300词.

写作题目:1.最难忘的事
      2.最幸福的一天

要求:有点抒情.要真实!

Let's go!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-3-20 20:03:36 | 显示全部楼层
不要加密!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-21 12:18:42 | 显示全部楼层
the day that I am memorable

I still remember something interesting in my childhood. One day,some of my little friends founded a “kingdom”and made a ten-year-old boy their “king”. They also made it a rule that nobody else could join them in playing games unless he or she became a member of the “kingdom”. How I wished to join the“kingdom”and play with the children! So the next day I went to see the“king”.
“Hello, king! I'd like to be a man of yours. Would you like to admit me?”I asked.
“It depends if That depends on whether you can guess our password,”the“king”answered.
“Oh, it's too much for me,”as I knew they changed their password every day.“But I'd like to have a try.”I said.“By the way, how many times can I guess?”
“Three times. Now for your first tryyour first try.”
“The sky,”I said without thinking much.
“No. Guess again.”
“The sun?”
“That's wrong. Now the last chance for you.”
I felt nervous. Suddenly I saw a tree nearby.
“Tree,”I shouted.
“You're mistaken again.”
My heart sank. Just when I was about to go home, the “king”stopped me.“Just a moment, please. Now I declare you are my man!”
What a pleasant surprise! But I didn't know why I was so lucky until I found out later that the“king”hadn't decided on the password for that day until I said“tree”.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-21 20:22:52 | 显示全部楼层
The happiest day in my memory till now
The time went to the fourth year of my college life. The burden on my shoulder is obvious. As a boy comes from a poor family in a poor village, I the end of my education in school was to be over. I had consumed more than 40,000 Yuan in the four years of college life. My parents are both peasants, it is such a big number for my family. But at last they saw to it that I would complete my college. What a great job they had done. And at that extreme point, at the time I was about to graduate from college. It is my turn to support myself in future; I should support them too if possible. At that time, is had already been a tough job to hunt a job, not to say a good one. What is the worst is my major, everyone in and out of the televisions says that the biotechnology is the most promising one in the forthcoming days, but the truth is just the opposite. It is so hard for bachelors major in biology to hunt a good job.
My parents could catch on my difficulties; they knew it would be a tough nut for me to crack.
I searched for suitable jobs quietly, they always comforted me that they could support me to get a master’s degree, I needn’t get a job at once. I know in their true soul, they hoped their son could hunt a good job, not to support himself, but also to add some materials for them to show off before the neighbors. They had done their best to help me to make my dream of studing in college come true, there was another dream in their minds-though they kept it in deep heart-I know very well.
The story is too long, let me select some important episodes.
………….
At last I post my resume to the professional college that I work in now. four days later I got a chance to have a try. Then I met the leaders and I knew the salary. But I did not know if I would be employed.
When I got home, my parents were thrilled about the work condition of this school, they encouraged me to be confident. I knew very well that at that time they were nervous too, but they never let out the feeling. What they did was only comforting me.
………………………………..
When I was confirmed that I was employed I saw true smiles on their faces, without much words though, I knew that they felt very happy.
That was my happiest time I can remember.
回复

使用道具 举报

ynylb 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-3-22 12:44:10 | 显示全部楼层
[fly]A Day to Forget[/fly]

Having graduated from a normal university, I became a middle school teacher in a little town. Gossips were here and there, and people around were busying talking about other person’s private business. Life was so boring, then comes a short period of love story.

She was a salesgirl and looked pure and pretty. Disguised as a customer, I try to chat with her. While leaving, I would buy something optionally. Several times later, I began to date with her and got to know her background. She was born in a poor family of working class. Of course, I cared not much of this and what I like was just the person herself. But she cautiously kept a little distance with me and the reason that I took for granted was the traditional value, which I regard as precious. Distance is sort of beauty.

Thing sometimes happens in a dramatic way. One day, I went to attend a friend’s wedding. I chattering with the bridegroom, she appeared, not single, but with a fat guy, late I knew he was a staff of the county’s tobacco corporation with a good pay. At the sight of them, the smiling groomsman put the plate full of cigarettes to her boyfriend. He refused and to my surprise, took a full hand of candy from the plate held by the bridesmaid. You know, it is not polite. Usually, the guests, young or old, just take one or two, but this fat guy...

So, I lost her for my poor salary. On the one hand, I blessed her for her finally finding a rich boyfriend. On the other hand, I felt a little pity for her would-be husband’s behavior on that day, which gave me impression of greed. How could she love such a guy? I just cannot imagine.

I began to doubt the saying, what you have lost is always that you should have cherished and taken good care of. The situation will change for one reason or another and the aforementioned reason is not reasonable again.

A year later, I left the little town, maybe for the reason to forget the day and days like that.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-25 00:04:23 | 显示全部楼层
The matter most makes me unforgetten

That day early morning, I and Tian Genxin, Sun , Jiping four people arrive the elementary school to light stove together, in order to other person to warm up.  because we lacked experiences At that time, we didn't clean the hemp nearby stove,  After the we threw a big group lighted hemp to the stove chamber, unexpectedly rolled from under, instantly was burning nearby the stove hemp pole. At that time we also all were 16 years old,  stays by and startled in thatscene.

At a short moment, the fire rapid spread comes. Tian Genxin fast runs  to call other people, I and the Sun ,Jiping hurry to look for the thing to strike a light, but there is not helped matters. Dry  hemp burning in a little while, if we don't contral control the fire intensity, a room hemp pole can burn. That elementary school also can turn piece of ruins. We are anxious when falls the tear, suddenly a female comrade run from external, her stature is not high, but action is quickly. A er arrow step flushes in the room, pushes us to the outside, without  hesitation, She lies down and rolled to the fire of high-piled firewood with entire body. She is Zhang Jingping. Only saw her back and forth to roll several, the fire intensity burnt down obviously.

The fire was on control and suppressed by everybody finally,. But Zhang Jingping was burn the hair ,face and the hand. The cotton-padded jacket cotton-wadded trousers are thousands of fire asterism spot. When we help her cleans up cotton-padded jacket ,we unexpectedly discovered  two blasting caps in her pocket also has, really is the good danger.
Looks at present all, I deeply felt shock. Zhang Jingping in order to protect collective property,  do not attend to her own life. But we... ... . From then on, we never meet again. but i had not  forgotten her, I frequently take her as the example. Especially today, many years after that morning, When i remember that scene,  the gratitude and the move filling in my heart.Wishe Zhang Jingping good person life to be safe!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-27 16:38:19 | 显示全部楼层
An indelible thing
    Dear friends , did you have experiment the experience that someone you like who wanted to depend on you but you failed him or her ?
    It's happened in my senior high school one morning , afew classmates and me were going like the wind by bike on our school road . Just before ten minutes of the ring we got in our classroom . But to our surprise , our teacher had been there ,too . Yes , she had said that we must get in classroom before ten minutes of the ring. So we all thought we were safe . Then she said : You are all late . Go back  your homes or payment your penalty ten yuan .
    We are all quiet , look at each other . Then one boy said : The ring isn't ring now, we don't be late .
    Yes , but I said you must get here before ten minutes of the ring . says the teacher .
    But we do ,teacher ,you may look the watch . another boy says .
    No , I am here . So you are all late . Go back your homes or take the money .she says .
    We all lower our heads. In fact ,we all want to go back. Suddenly I saw the girl I like who was looking at me . She wanted to depend on my judge. I was eeriness at that time , and after afew minutes silence , I take out ten yuan to my teacher . Then other comates payment the money ,too. I saw despair in her eyes , and heard she says : Know this final earlier , needn't  ago .
    Yes , I know, at that time , every one of us want to back to prove our angry and revolt . She tink so ,too , and wish my judgement . But I failed her . I have like her so many years on the sneak and it's the first time she depend on me . But I failed her .
    That was an indelible day for me and  leave behind a life regret . After this day I make a decision That I will don't hesitation for ever .
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-29 02:13:16 | 显示全部楼层
A memorable day

I remember the exact date: 25th May 2005. It was not the sweetness or the bitterness that makes it memorable. It was the radical change from one to the other that does.

That was the day which the final of European Champion League held. I, as a loyal supporter of Milan, was very happy that my team only need to face poor Livepool in the final. Also Live defeated Juventus and Chelsea in the quarter and semi final, but its victory owed a lot to the referees. Also, it only ranked fifth in the English premierre league. All factor persuaded me that Milan was only 90 minutes away from its 7th European Champion.

The process seemed different. It was even better than I thought. Less than one minute after the beginning whistle, with Pirlo's accurate adree-kick ssisstance, Milan's legendary Captain Paolo Maldini scored! Livepool tried to fight back, but Milan's elegant skill made the English look like physical workers rather footballers.

Suddenly, something controversial happened. It seemed that Nesta, Milan's most trust worthy defender, touched the ball with his hand in the penalty area. However, Livepool's forward was also suspected to committed a foul on him. The referee did not interrupt the match, and with this chance, talented Brasillian midfield Kaka passed the ball confortably to the winner of 2004 Goldenball Award, Shvechenko. Sheva's assisstance help the other forward Crespo score. Englishmen's nightmare continued. A few minutes later, Crespo scored his second goal in the final. This time it was from Kaka's assisstance.

After the first half, all I thought was whether Milan could create a new record: the biggest winning ever in the final of Champion League. The guess was interrupted few minutes after the beginning of second half. Gerrard, captain of Livepool. Scored with his head. I was quite unpleased with the goal, because it made my expectation after first half unlikely. However, that was just the beginning of another nightmare. This time it was mine.

Smicer, who hardly played a complete match for Livepool in that season, scored with a long shot! When I was still recovering from the shock, another wave of Livepool's attack came back. Gerrard came into the penalty area with the ball and fell on the pitch. The referee said that Gattuso committed a foul on him. Alonso's penalty was saved by goalkeeper Dida, but just when I wanted to cheer up, he shot again and scored. 3:3! All these goals happened in only 6 minutes.

In the rest of the match, player of Milan showed great courage, and gave Livepool little time to breathe, but the bad luck stoped them from scoring the winning goal. After the extra time, penalty was the only choice to decide who would win. I'm reluctant to remember the details. What I can't forget is that my favorite, Sheva, lost the last penalty, and thus finished the most incredible football match I've ever seen. Before that match, I've already finished all the exams of my final undergraduate year. I believed that the match would be my graduation present. Now it has become one of my worst memories.
回复

使用道具 举报

jianwan66 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-3-29 10:44:34 | 显示全部楼层
The most unforgettable thing.

The most unforgettable thing which happend in college helped me realize the importance of self-reliance. Born into a poor farmer's family in a mountainous area and educated in relatively primitive surroundings, I found myself lagging far behind in the first class in college, which happened to be Ms. Zhang’s English class. I was really discouraged and frustrated, so I decided to drop out. Ms. Zhang was so keenly insightful that she had noticed my embarrassment in class. After class, she called me into the Teacher's Room and discussed the situation with me, earnestly and kindly, citing the example of Robinson Crusoe to motivate me to go ahead in spite of all kinds of difficulties. “Be a man and rely on yourself,” she nudged me. The next time we met, she brought me a simplified version of Robinson Crusoe and recommended that I finish reading it in a week and write a book report. Under her consistent and patient guidance, not only has my English been greatly improved, but also my confidence and courage enhanced considerably.

“Rely on yourself and be a man,” Ms. Zhang’s inspiring words have been echoing in my mind. I will work harder and try my utmost to lay a solid foundation for my future career.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-29 14:59:54 | 显示全部楼层
[fly]YQ,good talking to you tonight![/fly]
   I felt a little boring tonight as I was sick a few days ago, and I had to stay home and doing nothing. So, I went surfing the web. I sent lots of "li hao",but no echo except one ---YQ(I haven't get her real name). Then we had a nice chatting.
Actually I am not good at chatting with girls on the net and most of the time I ended my conversation with a bad mood.Maybe it is not always true, and I am happy now.
   YQ---you give me an excellent impression.
   The university I graduated from gives me two years' dream and left me the other two years' nightmare. I chattering with the bridegroom, she appeared, not single, but with a fat guy, late I knew he was a staff of the county’s tobacco corporation with a good pay. At the sight of them, the smiling groomsman put the plate full of cigarettes to her boyfriend. He refused and to my surprise, took a full hand of candy from the plate held by the bridesmaid. You know, it is not polite.It's the first two years in which I made my debut as a freshman.  Taught that there is no survivers without the strong, I decided to experience a lot about life, including dating girls. Actually I am a little timit so far as I get to know myself.
During those times in my freshman and sophomore, I also take part in some activities like dancing, campaining for the post in the Students' Union except those I mentioned ahead==girls' dating.
回复

使用道具 举报

yaoming1126 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-3-31 10:38:59 | 显示全部楼层

the day that I am memorable

"You asked me to close my eyes and imagine,

There is a far-reaching place,

Saying that the world is a Merry Land,

you need to explore it with your heart.....

This is some kind of romantic saying." (translated)

Lucky me, got bek this old old madarin song <luen ai ping lue> from Andy Hui and Xu Hui Xin, Got any idea arrr?? haaa...to me, it&#39;s really a meaningful song ler, love it very much...yaaa....it&#39;s always a &#39;heart&#39; thing in life....should do watever with an open and cheerful heart...to reach to that merry land....it won be a far reaching place if we really njoy our life with out HEART....ayaahhh i just love this song ler....thats why have created a drawing...and the words in there was adapted from the lyric....

Hoping that everyone around live a life of Merry Land
回复

使用道具 举报

yaoming1126 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-3-31 10:45:54 | 显示全部楼层

KFC to heal my weak tiny little soul

Human being tend to be rebellious!!! The moment when everyone around toking bout bird flu, no cusuming of chicken!!!There i go.....I want my KFC!!! And I really mean it!!!
Maybe...too busy with my thesis and assignment this few weeks....and was so unlucky in having such a irresponsible and blur supervisor.....i&#39;ve got nothing to say anymore bout him....i jus gonna rush for every other deadlines....but then the moment when u are having a short discussion with ur frens....u feel like u are so &#39;left out&#39;, u feel that u have got no guide like any others from their supervisor....
Wat u call this? Depress!!!.....I wanna eat KFC!!! When everyone say NO!
Ok, according to the news report, chicken which is cook 70% is safe!!! Why is everyone still worrying!!! I don care!!!Somehow, to practise Utilitarianism-to choose the action that produces the most happiness of the greatest quality for the maximum amount of people.(this is wat i learn from my ethic class n wat&#39;s out in my midterm paper...hahaa!)i don have my fried chicken again!!
So wat? u think i don get to eat my KFC? Wahaahaaa...after a sweet 3 hours nap,i was thinking.....suddenly feel like crying....like everybody bullying u...ur supervisor, ur thesis, ur assignmentssssss...., the telephone.....watever watever.....everything just seems to be so not right, all just had to went so wrong to me!!!Wanna eat KFC only also cannot!!!
I told myself...must treat myself well,i want KFC!!! N i really really mean it!! I wan that fried chicken so so so desperately!!!!So, i sms my frens, of course dinner in KFC lor.....haaa...too bad....frens planning to cook tomyam tonite....hmmm...my KFC... but, haha i m being invited!!!Maybe...i&#39;m too stubborn gua, on my way to their house, i &#39;ta pau&#39; a family meal in KFC lor.....haaaa...Sigh??Nothing is impossible!!! KFC jek ma???Wat so difficult lehh...wan KFC then just go buy lor!! when u are really sad...when u are so emotional breakdown....everything will go wrong!!!haaa....now i was so full!!!!!Tomyam meehoon with KFC meal....for my first time....yum yum..Kler, after this dinner...i m ok ady......
Hahaaaa....I&#39;ve got my KFC finally!!!! I&#39;ve got my spicy drumstick yum yum fried chicken!!!!
Hahaaaa.....so, m i happy with it now? Yeaaaaaa!!!! u cant really imagine that kind of satisfaction i m having now!!! Full n great, fun n exiciting!!! N that&#39;s all i wan, a short term happiness....but a long term stamina!!
KFC actually did heal my weak tiny little soul!!!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-31 13:02:47 | 显示全部楼层
The Happiest Day in My Life
One afternoon in Jan, I was wandering in Railway Station Tickets Office to sell the ticket to my hometown. It was hard bed ticket, very difficult to buy at the peak time prior Spring Festival. A happy trouble to me, I thought. An “A “ was awarded to my theme after today’s theme review, but I was required to revise some minor issues in theme before Spring Festival so that my trip back to hometown has to be postponed. Another reason of my cheerful mood is that I just received a wonderful offer from a well-known multi-national company, it was my desired job. Every thing is good to me.
Couples of interested passengers approached me, inquired and left disappointed. I was not, because I believed for sure it would be sold out at the original price.  Finally one lady came to me straightly with smile on face. Small and exquisite, she asked where the ticket was heading. Oh, my god, it was what she wanted. To prove my identification of university student, I show her my student certificate and she said I believe you. OK, easy, it was a deal. A feeling of happy attacked me, we began to have chat, knowing that she came to SH on business travel and was vexed to buy the ticket back home. She didn’t want to spend the Spring Festival at outside without parents together. She is smart, chatful and very nice. When she asked me whether to find a relatively cheap hotel to live, I recommended the small hotel in my university, the only hotel I know. And then we said goodbye to each other reluctantly.
Going back to dormitory, couples of classmate are going to play football. Excellent, right time, I joined in and enjoyed 2 hours of exercise. On the way back to dormitory, a lady looking familiar walked around head on. Ha, it was she! We greeted each other and I volunteered to treat her a dinner one hour later and show her around in our university.
It was a wonderful day for me in my life, you can’t imagine: we felled into love and now we had married for a time.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-31 14:53:49 | 显示全部楼层
THE HAPPIEST DAY

Another weekend came yesterday, marking the happiest day this year. It was such a beautiful day that Dad and I decided to go to a forest reserve for mountain climbing.

The mountain was about 1700 meters high. It took us 3 hours to get there by bus.
Finally, we arrived at the foot of the mountain. The road was too steep for the bus to follow. Therefore, we had to go up the mountain on foot. There were many shining stones in the valley. I picked one up. It was so heavy and I dropped it in the valley beside me. The valley was very deep. There was a brook running through it.

We climbed for more than 10 minutes and found ourselves at the entrance of the forest reserve. The entrance was a lake behind a dam. There was no way to go any further if we couldn’t find a boat to get across the lake. Ha-ha, a boat was waiting for us!!! We got onto the boat and it carried us to the other side. The guide showed us around the mountain.

There was a limpid brook flowing down the mountain. We climbed up along a flagging road. I found lots of tadpoles, crabs, and little fish in the brook. So I jumped down the flagging road and onto a big stone. Then I went down into the water and try to catch them. But I only had a little gain. I caught a tadpole, a little crab, and a shrimp.

There were many waterfalls in the mountain. The biggest was TianLong Waterfall. The guide said we must see it. So I was excited. I ran fast. After we climbed for a while, we felt a cool breeze blowing onto our faces. There was TianLong Waterfall above our heads. It poured from a cliff more than 30 meters high, making a deep pool below it. The sound of water was deafening.

After this, we climbed, climbed, and climbed until we came to a place of nowhere. There was no road in front, so we could do nothing but go back.

We got home late and tired, got to bed, and slept soundly all the night. What a happy day!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-3-31 15:43:26 | 显示全部楼层
My Favourate Memory

When I came into my high school ,I felt very happy. I was the youngest in my class and have more funny idea. I enjoyed my times not only because of learning knowledge but because of more funny and interesting things, for example, what my teacher told me, how to learn my lesson, and many other things have been forgotten, but the funny and interesting things such as making good friends, playing with other classmates, going out for travel and so on were impressed on my memory.
One day, we made an important decision that we would go out for a travel by bike tomorrow. That night, I was much exited and at midnight we all got up and set out by bicycle. The hometown of Confucius Qufu is about sixty miles from my school. We are exited and sang songs one after another, shouting, lightering laughing. It was dark but all of us did not felt frightened.
At dawn, we reached the famous scenic spot, Confucian temple and Confucian mansion. We pictured the beautiful scene and talked about logion of Confucius.
It was a very nice memory. So the trip has passed for over twenty years, but I occasionally remember it. Although I came there for several times, but I had already lack of the ardent passion, lack of the interesting.
What a nice memory in my times of high school.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-2 10:12:57 | 显示全部楼层
A memorable thing

that day is 11th Oct 2001,just now I have been in university for grade one.

the morning our monitor told me that our school would hold the match of website design. so he asked me to design our class&#39;s website .I have to finished it in three days.  oh, my God. it was a hard work cause I never designed any website. but I didn&#39;t let him down, so I said to him: you can count on me, it&#39;s a piece of case.

Came back my dormitory, I begun this challenge immediately. first i downloaded some good design examples and tutorials from hongen.com, then I borrowed two books from library, one was <how to use the dreamwearver> and another was <how to use photoshop>. It took me about one day to read that books and practice the softwares about photoshop and dreamweaver. The more I learned , the more interested I were. I were too exciting to went to bed. I spent the whole night alone front the computer.

The second day, I attempted to design the website. it was so painful. Constantly worked and reworked, just now, I found fidget had been instead of exciting. I want to give up, but my character told me that I were a failture if I would not insisted on it. so I kept on working till the next morning.

At last I finished this assignment two days. Although this website didn’t obtained any prize, I have felt nothing sorrow. Because I tried my best.
回复

使用道具 举报

mp198811 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-4-2 11:42:42 | 显示全部楼层
I do not forgot one day

Before I started at university,I took my first job as a waitress in a nice restaurant.At the night before my first day.I was too excited to go to sleep and as a result,I got up late in the morning.I threw on my clothes and rushed over to the restaurant.

In a great hurry,I didn&#39;t hear clearly the head waiter&#39;s instruction that we should go into the kitchen through one door and out from the other.So when I took two plates of eggs and bacon and an orange juice out to the restaurant,I went straight towards the wrong door and collided with another waiter coming in!

Worst of all was that I wore a pair of smart shoes but with high heels! A few hours later I was in agony yet had no time to change them. By the time we finished serving dinner at about 10:30 I was completely exhausted. Nevertheless, I learnt something through my experience.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-2 18:29:54 | 显示全部楼层
I will remember it forever

When I was 15, I was a junior middle school student. I went to school everyday by bike except weekends. It is about 7 km from my home. It is a painstaking period for me. It makes me realize that I must study hard for I had covered such a long distance to know knowledge.
One afternoon of my grade 3 year in the junior middle school, the students of grade one and grade two had already gone home. We were facing the forthcoming senior middle school admission examination, so we were permitted to go home very late.
The clouds were very thick up in the sky, we all knew that it would rain, and it would be a heavy rain.
The thunder began to roar and we as kids at that time were all scared.
The teacher said at last “all right, since it will rain soon, I will let you go home now in case your parents would worry about you”
But we all knew everything is late.
The rain began, most of the students had taken raincoat with them, but I forgot it that day.
Bad luck, damn it, I cursed as I went downstairs.
As soon as I went out of the school building, I saw a familiar face “daddy, how come you come here? To pick up me? ”
He passed my raincoat to me ”i got here half an hour ago, you put on it right now in case you would catch a cold”
How happy I was that day.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-2 20:20:50 | 显示全部楼层
An Unforgettable Day--fishing with kylin

For all the long hours spent in front of the computer and countless weekends sacrificed in the office or working sports shows, there are days when this job really pays off and Thursday, May 23 was one of those days. I had the opportunity to fish with a true legend,Kylin.

We met up with Kylin and his good friend Bill Hutsell. After a quick breakfast at the local diner near Kylin&#39; home, we all headed over to the river not far from my  school. Our plan was to meet back at the ramp at Noon for lunch, then switch partners for the afternoon.

What really made things interesting is the fact that Kylin and I would be competing against one another in the upcoming Western Bass Delta Pro/Am the following weekend. I asked Dee,one of my former classmate, how he had been doing on the Delta during the past week. "I fished yesterday and had a 25 pound limit with fish up to 9 pounds," he replied.

Well. that really got my juices flowing as I told Kylin it would be great if we could get a picture of a big fish when he quickly interrupted. "Son, if you think I&#39;m going to take you out here and put you on my big tournament fish, you must be crazy." He paused for a moment, glared straight into my eyes, then burst into laughter for a good 10 seconds. "Don&#39;t you worry about a thing," he said, "we&#39;re going go catch a bunch of nice fish today, just nothing that will let you beat me in that tournament next weekend."

The next hour was unquestionably one of the highlights of my career. There I was, standing side by side with Kylin, receiving an incredible history lesson on the Delta and the development of tournament fishing over the past five decades. He spoke of his childhood and falling in love with the Delta when he moved to this city at the age of 13, then went on to his family and many good friends. I stood silent, soaking in every word of his amazing life experiences knowing this is something I will never read in a book Kylin&#39;s accomplishments in the sport of bass fishing are many... far too many to include them all in this article. But to give you some idea, he has won 15  tournament titles since 1985.

As predicted, we had our first bite of the morning exactly one hour into the trip when a fish hammered my 6 inch Senko in a foot of water. I quickly set the hook and made a long distance release when a 3 to 4 pounder skyrocketed out of the tules. Five minutes later, I had another solid bite as a fish began to head off into deep water with my Senko. Swing and a miss... not exactly the start I was hoping for fishing with one of the greatest bass fishermen of all time. Kylin didn&#39;t rib me too much, but made it very clear that I had better put the next one in the boat.

For the next two hours, we caught one fish after another, nothing huge, but all quality largemouth from 2 to 3 pounds including big fish around 4-1/2 pounds.

That morning spent fishing with Kylin is one that I will always cherish, not for the many lessons he taught me about fishing the Delta, but more importantly for the opportunity to spend time with a true legend in the sport I love. Kylin has always lived life to the fullest, never backing down or selling out. He is truly the genuine article.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-4-2 20:44:03 | 显示全部楼层
本期活动结束~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 03:56 , Processed in 0.431951 second(s), 8 queries , Redis On.