找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 652|回复: 0

[[资源推荐]] 《朗文快捷英语教程》的功能语句选编

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-6-10 13:29:20 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
《朗文快捷英语教程》的功能语句选编
 以下是节选的一部分。详细的见附件

  I believe I was charged too much. 我敢肯定向我收的费用太高了。

  I don’t think [I’m not sure, I don’t know if] we can afford it. 我不能肯定我们是否负担得起。

  I think there’s a mistake on my electric bill. 我认为我的电费账单上出错了。
Checking and Indicating Understanding 检查和表达是否理解

  Checking Another Person’s Understanding 检查他人是否理解

  Are you following me so far? 您听明白了我所讲的吗?

  Are you with me so far? 上面我说的您都听懂了吗?

  Do you follow me? 您听明白我的意思了吗?

  Have you got (all) that [it]? 我的意思您都明白?

  Okay (so far)?  (现在)清楚了吗?

  Checking One’s Own Understanding 检查自己是否理解

  A can of tuna fish,a loaf of white bread,and a head of lettuce. 一听金枪鱼、一条面包和一棵莴苣。

  A quart? (Around the corner?) 是一夸脱吗?(在拐弯处吗?)

  On Main Street? 在中央大街吗?

  Was that Aisle D? 那是货道D吗?

 
  Did you say [Was that] Edward Pratt? 您是说[是叫]Edward Pratt吗?

  I’m sorry. Did you say the Second Avenue bus? 对不起,您是说第二大道的公共汽车吗?

  Let me [Let’s] see. 让我[我们]想一想。

  Let me see if I understand [if I’ve got that]. 让我想一下我是否已经明白了。

  Okay. Let’s see…a size 36 black belt. 好的。让我想一下……一条尺码36的黑皮带。

  Okay. That’s a hamburger, ansgroupsof French fries, and a cup of coffee.

  好的。一共要一个汉堡包、一份炸薯条和一杯咖啡。

  That’s a pound of roast beef and a dozen rolls. 一共是1磅烤牛肉和1打面包卷。

  Indicating Understanding 表示理解

  (Oh, )I see.  (噢,)我明白了。[我知道了。]

  I’m with you. 我听得懂(您说的)。

  (Oh. Now) I understand.  (噢,现在)我懂了。

  (Now) I’ve got it. [Now I see.]  (现在)我明白了。[现在我知道了。]

  I’m following you. [I follow you.] 我听得懂(您说的)。

  Yes. 是的。

  That’s right. 没错。[是的。]

  Okay. 明白。

  Uh-huh. 啊—哈。

  Um-hmm. 唔—哼。

  Interrupting 打断他人(的话)

  Excuse me [Forgive me] for interrupting, but… 请原谅我打断一下,不过……

  Sorry for interrupting [Sorry to interrupt], but… 很抱歉打断您(的话),不过……

  I’m sorry to interrupt [I’m sorry for interrupting], but we’re out of fries.

  很抱歉,打断一下,不过薯条一点儿都没有了。

  Hesitating 表达犹豫

  Let’s see (now).  (现在)让我想想。

  Let me see [think]. 让我想想。

  Let me think for a minute. 让我想片刻。

  Well, let me see. 那么,让我想想。

  Well, I’m not really sure. 唷,我还不完全确定[有把握]。

  I don’t knowswheresto begin. 我一时不知道从哪儿说起。

  Gee…uh. 哎呀……呃。

  Hmm. 嗯。

  Uh… 呃……

  Well, uh… 这个,呃……

  Preference 表达喜好或偏好

  Inquiring about… 询问

  Which refrigerator do you like? 您喜欢哪一台冰箱?

  What would you prefer to do? 您喜欢做什么事情?

  What would you rather do? 您宁愿做什么事情?

  Would you prefer rice or a baked potato? 您喜欢米饭还是烤土豆?

  Expressing… 表达

  I like this one. 我喜欢这一个。

  I’d prefer a baked potato. 我点烤土豆。

  I’d prefer to [I’d rather] go at 7:10. 我想[我宁愿]7:10去。

  I think I’d prefer to go to the town pool. 我想我更愿意去市镇游泳池。

  I think I’d rather go to the rink. 我想我宁愿去旱冰场。

  I’d rather watch Dr. Goodbody. 我情愿看“健康博士”。

  I’d rather not [I’d prefer not to] have to call the Health Department.

  我不情愿迫不得已地打电话向卫生部投诉。

  You can fill it out here or take it home, if you like [you prefer, you’d like, you’d prefer]. 如果您愿意,您可以在这里或带回家填写那份表格。

  Permission 表达允许

  Inquiring about Permissibility 询问是否允许

  Are you allowed to swim here? 这里允许游泳吗?

  Are you [people] permitted to use the fireplace? 允许人们使用壁炉吗?

  Is taking pictures allowed [permitted] here? 这里允许拍照吗?

  Is it all right [Is it okay] to play music late at night? 深夜播放音乐行吗?

  Are dogs allowed? Yes, I believe they are. 允许养狗吗?是的,我想可以。

  Can I park my car here? 我能把车停在这儿吗?

  Could I possibly leave an hour early today? Of course you can…

  今天我能早走一小时吗?当然可以。

  Indicating Permissibility 表明允许或不允许

  Yes, it is [they are, you are]. 可以。[允许。]

  Yes, you can. [Yes, you are.] 可以。[允许。]

  No, it isn’t [they aren’t, you aren’t]. 不,不允许。

  No, you can’t. [No, you aren’t.] 不,不允许。[不能。]

  You aren’t allowed to park here. 这里不许人们停靠汽车。

  I don’t think jaywalking is allowed [permitted]. 我不认为随意横穿马路是允许的。

  I don’t think you’re [people are] allowed [permitted] to hang your clothes there.

  我不认为允许人们在那儿晾衣服。

  Tenants aren’t permitted to hang laundry on the balcony. 房客不许在阳台上晾衣服。

  Obligation 表达责任和义务

  I’ve got to go now [pick up my wife at the office]. 现在我该走了[去我妻子的办公室接她了]。

  I have to work late [buy stamps]. 我不得不工作到很晚。[我必须买些邮票。]

  We have to [We’ve got to, We need to] buy groceries. 我们必须买些杂货。

  I need to get to my brother’s wedding. 我必须赶上我兄弟的婚礼。

  I’m supposed to attend a business meeting. 我本应参加一个业务会议。

  The tables are supposed to be set an hour before we open. 桌子本应在开门前一小时就摆好。

  You have to [You’re supposed to, You’ve got to, You need to] take one tablet three times a day. 您要每天服三次,每次服一片。

  He’s insisting that I [requiring me to, forcing me to, making me] work on Labor Day.

  他硬是要求我劳动节也上班。

  I should have gotten it a little while ago. 我真应该早点儿得到它。

  You must always wear your uniform. 您必须一直穿着制服。

  You mustn’t make the sundaes too large. 您不得把圣代做得太大。

  Likes/Dislikes 表达喜欢/不喜欢

  Inquiring about… 询问

  You really enjoy going sailing? 您真的喜欢作帆船航行?

  Did you enjoy it? 喜欢它吗?

  How do you like [What do you think of] my tie? 您觉得我的领带怎么样?

  What kind of TV shows do you like? 您喜欢什么样的电视节目?

  What’s your favorite program? 您最喜欢的节目是什么?

  Don’t you like this rug? 你不喜欢这块地毯吗?

  Expressing Likes 表达喜欢

  It’s very nice. 真好。[真棒。]

  I (really) like [love] news programs. 我(确实)喜欢新闻节目。

  I like to go sailing whenever I can. 只要有机会我都喜欢作帆船航行。

  Expressing Dislikes 表达不喜欢

  Honestly [To be honest, To tell you the truth], I think it’s a little loud.

  老实说,我认为它有点花哨。

  I don’t particularly care for football games. 我对橄榄球比赛没有特别浓的兴趣。

  I don’t really enjoy [like] talk shows. 我并不是很欣赏脱口秀节目。

  I’m not really crazy about game shows. 我并不热衷于竞猜节目。

  Want-Desire 表达需要和愿望
Inquiring about… 询问

  Do you want anything to drink? 您想喝点儿什么吗?

  Do you want me to go ahead and fix it? 您打算让我接着去修理它吗?

  Do you want to see the apartment? 您想看看这套公寓吗?

 
  What size do you want? 您想要什么尺码的?

  How do you want to send it? 您想用什么方式寄出?[您想怎样寄出?]

  What do you want to do today? 今天您想做什么?

  Where do you want to go? 您想去哪儿?

  What do you want me to get? 您想让我捎来什么?

  How much do you want me to get? 您想让我捎来多少?

  What color would you like? 您喜欢什么颜色?

  What would you like (to see)? 您喜欢(看)什么?

  Where do you want this sofa? 您想把这张沙发摆在哪儿?

  Are you interested? 您感兴趣吗?

  Which one are you interested in? 您对哪一个[件]感兴趣?

  Would you be interested in applying for a P.J. Nickel’s charge card?

  您对申请P.J. Nickel公司的购物卡感兴趣吗?

  Would you care to change it? 您想更换它吗?

  Would you like [Would you care for] anything to drink [a few more meatballs]?

  您想喝点什么吗?[您想再吃几个肉丸吗?]

  Would you like to make an appointment? 您想预约吗?

  Expressing…表达

  I want a pound of roast beef. 我想要一磅烤牛肉。

  I want to return this fan [make this a collect call, please]. 我想退掉这台风扇。

  [我想打对方付费电话]。

  We need a few things from the supermarket. 我们需要从超市买些东西。

  I’d like the one with the 25-inch screen. 我想要配有25英寸屏幕的。

  I’d like to buy this watch. 我想买这块手表。

  I’d like a refund [a round trip ticket], please. 请退钱给我。[请给我一张双程票。]

  I’ll have a cup of coffee. 我想要[喝]杯咖啡。

  I’m looking for a shirt. 我正想挑件衬衫。

  We are [We’re] looking for a two-bedroom apartment. 我们正在找一套两居室的公寓。

  I don’t really feel like going to the ballgame. 我并非真心想去打球。

  I don’t want to play tennis. 我不想打网球。

  I’m not really in the mood to play basketball. 我并非真的有心情去打篮球。

  We are [We’re] out of milk. 我们的牛奶喝光了。[我们的牛奶一点儿都没有了。]

  Invitations表达邀请

  Do you want to go out for dinner tonight? 今天晚上你想外出吃晚餐吗?

  Would you like to go skiing tomorrow? 您愿意明天去滑雪吗?

  How would you like to go on a picnic tomorrow? 您愿意明天去野餐吗?

  Would you [by any chance] be interested in taking a ride in the country tomorrow?

  您有兴趣明天去乡村一游吗?

  Agreement/Disagreement 同意或不同意

  Inquiring about… 询问

  Don’t you agree? 您不同意吗?

  Don’t you think so? 您不那样认为吗?

  Wouldn’t you agree [say so]? 您不同意吗?[您有不同的说法吗?]

  Expressing Agreement 表示同意

  I agree (with you). 我同意(您的意见)。

  I couldn’t agree with you more. 我完全同意您的意见。

  My feelings exactly. 我完全同意您的意见。

  I feel the same way. 我认为也是这样。

  I guess I do. 我想是这样的。[我想我会……的。]

  I guess it is. [I guess you’re right.] 我想是这样的。[我想您是对的。]

  I know. 我知道。[我明白。]

  I see your point. 我懂得您的想法。

  I suppose so (it is). 我想是那样的。

  I think so, too. 我也这样认为。

  I was thinking the same thing. 我的想法一样。

   Maybe you should [Maybe you ought to, You should probably, It might be a good idea to] call a plumber. 也许您该打电话叫管道工。

  We could always swim at the lake. 我们向来都(能够)去湖里游泳。

  We probably shouldn’t bother him. 也许我们不该打扰他。

  We should have a party for her. 我们本该为她开个晚会。

  We should probably leave now. 也许我们现在该走了。

  Why don’t you hold your breath? 您为什么不试着屏住呼吸呢?

  You could [might, It might be a good idea to] join a health club. 您可以参加健身俱乐部。

  You ought to write to the mayor. 您应该给市长写信。

  You really should. 您真应该那样做。

  You should go on a diet [try to type faster]. 您应该实行节食[试着打字打快一些]。

  Responding to… 对意见、建议的反应

  Good idea [suggestion]! 好主意[好建议]!

  That’s a good idea. 真是个好主意!

  That’s an interesting suggestion. 这个建议很有意思。

  You’re probably right. 也许您是对的。

  I hadn’t thought of that. 我倒没有想到那一点。

  I’ll give it some serious consideration. 我会对它作认真考虑的。

  Thanks for telling me. 感谢您告诉[提醒]我。

  Approval/Disapproval 表达赞同/不赞同

  Inquiring about… 询问

  Is that okay? 那样做行吗?

  Am I defending you all right? 对我为您作的辩护感到满意吗?

  Did I write up this invoice all right? 对我填写这张发票您感到满意吗?

  Do you approve of the way I hooked up this computer? 您对我联接这台计算机的方法满意吗?

  How do you like the way I hung the wallpaper? 您喜欢我粘贴墙纸的方式吗?

  What do you think of the way I assembled this circuit board? 您对我装配这块线路板怎么看?

  Expressing… 表示赞同或不赞同

  He works very hard. 他工作得很努力。

  He’s doing very well. 他干得很好。

  His grades are excellent. 他的成绩很优秀。

  You did a fine job [a very good job; an excellent job]. 您干得不错[很好,非常好]。

  You wrote it up very well. 您写得很好。

  I guess so. 我认为如此。

  You should be very proud of him. 您应该为他感到非常自豪。

  You’re defending me very well. 您为我所作的辩护非常棒。

  Actually, you should try to type faster. 说实在的,您该试着打字打得快一点。

  I think you could have hooked it up a little better. 我认为您本应联接得更好一些。

  To be [perfectly] honest with you [In all honesty], I think you could have hooked it up a little better. 要是对您讲真心话,我认为您本应联接得更好一些。

  You (really) shouldn’t have passed that car on the right-hand side. 您真不该从右边超那辆车。

  Asking for and Reporting Information 询问和报告信息

  Address? 35 Winte Street in Middletown. 还有,请问地址?米都镇温特街35号。

  Also,… 再说,……[此外,……]

  And one more thing. 还有一件事要说。

  And the address? 93 Cliff Street. 还有,请问地址?克里夫街93号。

  And what is the amount on your bill? 还有,请问您账单上的金额?

  And you? 那么您呢?

  And your first name? 还有,请问您的名字?

  And your telephone number?  423-6978.还有,请问您的电话号码?423-6978。

  Another question. 另外一个问题。

  Are you American? Yes, I am. I’m from New York. 您是美国人吗?是的,我来自纽约。

  Are you busy after work today? I coach my daughter’s soccer team.

  今天下班后您忙吗?我要当我女儿的足球队的教练。

  Are you currently taking any medication? 近来您服用过药物吗?

  Are you feeling okay? No, not really. 您感觉还行吗?不,不太好。

  Are you from Tokyo [originally from around here]?

  您是从东京来的吗?[您的家乡就在周边地区吗?]

  Besides that,… 除此以外,……

  Can I ask how much it costs? 我能问问它花了多少钱吗?

  Can I ask you a question? 我能向您问一个问题吗?

  Can [Could] I ask you how much that will cost? 我能问问您它要花多少钱吗?

  Could I ask you to tell me how to use this cash machine?

  能请您告诉我怎样使用这台取款机吗?

  Can you tell me a little more [anything else, anything more] (about the position)?

  您能告诉我一点(有关这个职位的)[任何]其他情况吗?

  Can you tell me the recipe? 您能把菜谱告诉我吗?

  Could you [Can you, Would you] tell me what your name is? 能告诉我您的姓名吗?

  Could you [please, possibly] tell me how to make a long-distance call?

  您能告诉我怎样打长途电话名吗?

  Could you spell that, please [please spell that]? S-A-N-C-H-E-Z. 您能把它拼读出来吗?

  Did you make it yourself? Yes, I did. 是您自己把它做出来的吗?是的,我自己做的。

  Didn’t you go sailing the weekend before? Yes, I did. 以前的周末您不是驾过帆船了吗?是的。

  Do they ever visit you? No. 他们访问过您吗?

  Do we need anything from the supermarket? Yes. We need a quart of milk.

  我们要去超市买点什么吗?是的,我们需要一夸脱牛奶。

  Do you have any questions for me [you’d like to ask me]?[Is there anything you’d like to ask me?]

  您有什么问题要问我吗?

  Do you have medical insurance [any allergies]? 您有医疗保险[任何过敏症]吗?

  Do you have the time [Do you know what time it is]? It’s almost 6:00.

  您知道现在的时间吗?现在大约是6电钟。

  Do you know your I.D. number? 您知道自己的身份证号码吗?

  Do [Would] you by any chance (happen to) know what our expected arrival time in Denver is?

  也许您知道我们预计到达丹佛的时间吧?

  Do you smoke? 您抽烟吗?

  Does that include utilities? 那(笔租金)里面包含公用设施费用吗?

  It includes everything except electricity. 除电费以外包含一切。

  Does this bus go to Westville? It goes to Riverside. 这趟汽车开往韦斯特维尔吗?开往河滨镇。

  Does this bus stop at Center Street? 这趟汽车停靠中央大街吗?
First of all,… 首先,……

  Has Bob gone to the bank yet? Yes, he has. He’s already gone there. He went there this morning.

  Bob已经去过银行了吗?是的,他已经去过银行了。他是今天早晨去的。

  Have you seen the top secret report yet? Yes, we have. We’ve already seen it. We saw it a few

  minutes ago. 你们已经看过绝密报告了吗?是的,我们已经看过了。我们是几分钟前看的。

  Have you ever flown a 747? No, I haven’t, but I’ve flown a DC-10.

  您驾驶过747型飞机吗?没有,但是我驾驶过DC-10型飞机。

  Have you taken inventory before? 以前您制作过存货单吗?

  How about you? 您怎么样?[您呢?]

  How are you enjoying your work? 您喜欢您现在的工作吗?

  How come? [Why?] 为什么?

  How do you spell that? N-I-E-L-S-O-N. 怎样拼写呢?N-I-E-L-S-O-N。

  How did you do? 您是怎样做的?

  How did your parents enjoy their vacation in Florida? 您的父母在佛罗里达度假过得愉快吗?

  How is David doing in Math this year? 今年David数学学得怎么样?

  How long do you plan to stay? 您打算呆多长时间?

  How long have you had a migraine headache? 您犯偏头疼有多长时间了?

  How long will that take? 那要花多长时间?

  How many windows are there? 有多少个窗户?

  How much does it weigh? 它[那]有多重?[它的重量是多少?]

  How much is the rent [ it ]? It’s a month. 租金是多少?租金是每月700美元。

  How much will it cost? That’ll cost five ninety-four.  (那)要花多少钱?总共是5.94元。

  How often do you talk to your kids in college? We usually call them on Sunday evenings.

  隔多长时间你们同大学里的孩子们通话?通常我们在星期天晚上给他们打电话。

  I asked him if he could fix it. 我问(过)他是否会修理它。

  I have just one more question. 我只需要再问一个问题了。

  I have some bad news. 我有条坏消息。

  I have some good news. Really? What is it? 我有条好消息。真的?什么好消息?

  I heard it on the radio. 我是从收音机里听到的。

  I read it in the paper. 我是在报纸上读到的。

  I saw the forecast on TV. 我看到了电视上的预报。

  I think this bread is stale. 我想[认为]这块面包变味了。

  I told him our toilet wouldn’t flush. 我告诉(过)他我们的厕所不冲水了。

  I want to report an emergency [accident]! 我要报告一件紧急情况[意外]。

  I was at the movies. [I was in Detroit.] 我那时正在电影院[底特律]。

  I’d be interested in knowing whether you’re pleased with Lucy’s work. [I’d be interested to know…; I was wondering…; I was wondering if you could tell me…]

  我很想知道您是否对Lucy的工作感到满意。

  I’d like the number of Carlos Ramirez. 我想得到Carlos的电话号码。

  I’d like some information about opening a checking account.我想知道开活期存款账户的情况。

  I’d like to know whether [if] you have flights between Chicago and Miami.

  我想知道你们是否有芝加哥和迈阿密之间的航班。

  I’d just like to get some information from you. 我正想从您那儿得到点儿信息。

  I’m afraid she isn’t here right now. 恐怕她现在不在这里。

  I’m calling to ask herswheresshe left the car keys. 我打电话是要问她把汽车钥匙留在哪儿了。

  I’m calling to ask if you’d be interested in going to the museum with me tomorrow.

  我打电话是想问您是否愿意明天和我一起去博物馆。

  I’m calling to tell him his car is ready. 我打电话是想告诉他他的汽车已经(修)好了。

  I’m taking a shower. 我正在洗澡。

  In addition to that,… 除此以外,……

  Is anything wrong [the matter, troubling you]? 有什么不妥吗?[有什么麻烦吗?]

  Is it yours? No, it isn’t mine. 那是您的吗?不,那不是我的。

  Is it valuable? Yes, it is. It’s a camera. 它值钱吗?是的,值钱。那是一架照相机。

  Is 9:00 tomorrow morning convenient? 明天上午9点钟(对您)方便吗?

  Is that right? 那是对的吗?[那样行吗?]

  Is that so? 是那样的吗?

  Is that true? 那是真的吗?[真是那样的吗?]

  Is there a history of heart disease in your family? 您的家族里有人有心脏病史吗?

  Is there a refrigerator in the kitchen? 厨房里有冰箱吗?

  Is This 328-7178? 这是328-7178吗?

  Is This the plane to Atlanta? 这是去亚特兰大的飞机吗?

  It’s ten percent off. 打九折。

  Just one or two more questions, if that’s okay. 如果可以,我想再问一两个问题。

  May [Can, Could] I ask who’s calling? 我能问问您是谁吗?[请问您是谁?]

  My apartment is on fire! 我的公寓着火了!

  My father isshavingsa heart attack! 我的父亲犯心脏病了!

  My son is bleeding very badly! 我的儿子流血流得很厉害!

  My wife can’t breathe! 我的妻子不能呼吸了!

  Occupation? Shoe salesman. 请问您的职业?鞋商。

  On top of that,… 除此以外,……

  Spell the last name, please. J-E-N-S-E-N. 请您拼读出您的姓。J-E-N-S-E-N。

  Telephone [Phone] number? 293-7637. 电话号码是多少?293-7637。

  Tell me,swheresare you from [what did I do wrong]? 请告诉我,您是哪里人?[我出什么错了?]

  Tell me a little about yourself. 请告诉我一点儿您个人的情况。

  That comes to [That’s] twenty-six ninety-five. 总共是26.95元。

  That’ll be twenty-four dollars and fifty cents. 总共是24美元50美分。

  The cashier at the drug store told me.  (是)药店出纳告诉我的(的)。

  The number is 863-4227.  (电话)号码是863-4227。

  There are four windows in the living room. 起居室[客厅]有4扇窗户。

  There aren’t any more cookies. 一块饼干都没有了。

  There isn’t any more milk. 一点儿牛奶都没有了。

  There’s a very nice refrigerator in the kitchen. 厨房里有一个很好的冰箱。

  They said so on the morning news. 在早间新闻里他们那样说。

  They’re half price. 它们卖半价[五折]。

  We need some information. 我们需要一些信息。

  What are you doing? I’m fixing my car. 您正在做什么?我在修我的汽车。

  What can you tell us about the apartment? 关于这套公寓您能告诉我们一些什么呢?

  What city? Chicago. 哪座城市?芝加哥。

  What day is it? It’s Monday. 今天是星期几?今天是星期一

  What did I do wrong? You were speeding. 我做错什么了?您驾车超速了。

  What did you do? I cleaned my house. 您做什么了?我打扫房子了。

  What did the sign say? 牌子上写着什么?

  What did you put in? 您加进了什么?

  What do you do? I’m a repairperson. 您的职业是什么?我是修理工。

  What do you want to know? 您想知道些什么?

  What do you repair? I repair refrigerators. 您修理什么?我修理冰箱。

  What does your mother do? She’s a security guard. 您母亲的职业是什么?她是保安员。

  What does he look like? 他是什么模样?

  What exactly are the bookkeeper’s responsibilities? 准确地说,记账员的职责是什么?

  What floor do you live on? 您住在哪一层楼?

  What kind of TV shows do you like [is it]? 您喜欢哪一类电视节目?[那是哪一类电视节目?]

  What makes you say that [think so]? 是什么使得您那样说[那样想]?

  What movie did you see? 您看的是哪部电影?

  What needs to be done to fix it? 修理它需要做些什么?

  What seems to be the problem? 看起来是什么问题?[看来问题出在哪里?]

  What street? Hudson Avenue. 是哪条街?哈德森大道。

  What position do you have open? 您有哪些职位需要招聘人员?

  What time is it? It’s 1:30. 现在是什么时间?现在是1:30。

  What would you like to know? 您想了解些什么?

  What’s in it [them]? 里面有什么?

  What’s it about? 那是关于什么的?

  What’s on? Dr. Goodbody is on Channel 2. 正在播放什么节目?二频道在播“健康博士”。

  What’s the matter (with you)? I have a headache.  (您)怎么了?我头疼。

  What’s the problem? My kitchen sink is leaking. 有什么问题[难题]?我的厨房里水槽漏水。

  What’s the weather like? It’s raining. 天气怎么样?是雨天。

  What’s wrong (with it)? It’s leaking. 出什么问题啦?漏水。

  What’s your address? 10 Main Street. 您的地址是什么?梅恩大街10号。

  What’s your date of birth? May 15th, 1975. 您的生日是哪一天?1975年5月15日。

  What’s [What is] your last name? 您姓什么?

  What’s your name? 您的名字是什么?

  What’s your Social Security number? 您的社会保险号是多少?
When did you buy it? 您是什么时候买(它)的?

  When is the next bus to Buffalo? It’s at 4:10. 下一班去巴法罗的车什么时候开?4:10开。

  When will she be back? She’ll be back in a hour. 她什么时候回来?她一个小时后回来。

  Where are you from? Japan. I’m from Osaka. 您从什么地方来?日本。我是大阪人。

  Where are you going? To the library. [I’m going to the library.] 您去哪儿?我去图书馆。

  Where can I get the 8:30 flight to Chicago? 在哪儿我可以登上8:30去芝加哥的飞机?

  Where did the accident happen? 事故发生在什么地方?

  Where did you hear that? 您是在哪儿听到的?

  Where does she work? She works at the Acme Company. 她在哪儿工作?她在Acme公司上班。

  Where in Italy are you from? 您是从意大利的什么地方来?

 
  Where’s it going? To Detroit. 开往哪儿?开往底特律。

  Which apartment do you live in? 您住在哪套公寓?

  Which bus goes to Westville? The Number 30 bus. 哪趟车开往韦斯特维尔?30路汽车。

  Who cut it? 谁剪[切]的?

  Who did you hear? 您听到谁(说话)了?

  Who is your supervisor? 谁是您的主管?

  Who told you that? 谁告诉您的?

  Who’s in it? 谁在里面?

  Whose sock is his? 谁(那儿)的短袜是他的?

  Why are you banging on the vending machine? 您为什么敲打无人售货机?

  Why are you here? 您为什么会在这儿?

  Why did you buy it? 您为什么买下它?

  Why didn’t you come to the company’s annual picnic? 为什么您不参加公司的年度野餐聚会?

  Why do you feel that way? 为什么您会有那样的感受?

  Why do you say that [think so]? 您为什么说那些话[那样想]?

  Why was the president late? 为什么主席迟到了?

  Will she be back soon? She won’t be back until three. 她快回来了吗?她三点以后才会回来。

  Would you happen to know your account number? 您还记得住您的账户号码吗?

  Your change is two dollars and seventy-five cents. 您的零钱是2美元75美分。

  You won’t believe what happened! 您真难相信都发生什么事儿了!

  Clarification 澄清、阐明

  Asking for Clarification 请求阐明

  What do you mean? 您指的是什么?[什么意思?]

  What does that mean? 那指的是什么?[那是什么意思?]

  I’m afraid I’m not following you. 恐怕我没听懂(您说的)。

  I’m not really sure what you’re getting at. 我没完全明白您说的意思。

  Giving Clarification 进一步阐明

  What I mean is…[What you mean is…] 我的[您的]意思是……

  What I’m saying is…[What you’re (really) saying is…] 我说的[您真正的]意思是……

  What I’m trying to say is…[What you’re trying to say is…] 我想[您想]说的是……

  What that means is they aren’t working right now. 那个[那句话的]意思是现在他们没在工作。

  In other words… 换句话说,……

  I didn’t say I wanted to break up. 我并没有说我想分手。

  

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

×
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-11-30 03:46 , Processed in 0.210464 second(s), 4 queries , Redis On.

Powered by Discuz! X3.5

© 2001-2024 Discuz! Team.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表