|
English 900 英语九百句(美音版)
第一册
一、 Greetings 问候语
1. Hello! / Hi! 你好!
2. Good morning / afternoon / evening! 早晨(下午/晚上)好!
3. I'm Kathy King. 我是凯西·金。
4. Are you Peter Smith? 你是彼得·史密斯吗?
5. Yes, I am. / No, I'm not. 是,我是。/ 不,我不是。
6. How are you? 你好吗?
7. Fine, thanks. And you? 很好,谢谢,你呢?
8. I'm fine, too. 我也很好。
9. How is Amy / your wife / your husband? 爱米好吗?/你妻子好吗?/你丈夫好吗
?
10. She is very well, thank you. 她很好,谢谢。
11. Good night, Jane. 晚安,简。
12. Good-bye, Mike. 再见,迈克。
13. See you tomorrow. 明天见。
14. See you later. 待会儿见。
15. I have to go now. 我必须走了。
二、Expression In Class 课堂用语
16. May I come in? 我能进来吗?
17. Come in, please. 请进。
18. Sit down, please. 请坐。
19. It's time for class. 上课时间到了。
20. Open your books and turn to page 20. 打开书,翻到第20页。
21. I'll call the roll before class. 课前我要点名。
22. Here! 到!
23. Has everybody got a sheet? 每个人都拿到材料了吗?
24. Any different opinion? 有不同意见吗?
25. Are you with me? 你们跟上我讲的了吗?
26. Have I made myself clear? 我讲明白了吗?
27. Could you say it again? 你能再说一遍吗?
28. Any questions? 有什么问题吗?
29. That's all for today. 今天就讲到这里。
30. Please turn in your paper before leaving. 请在离开前将论文交上。
三、Identifying Objects 辨别物品
31. What's this? 这是什么?
32. It's a pen. 是支笔。
33. Is this your handbag? 这是你的手提包吗?
34. No, it isn't. / Yes, it is. 不,它不是。/是的,它是。
35. Whose pen is this? 这是谁的笔?
36. It's Kate's. 是凯特的。
37. Is that a car? 那是一辆小汽车吗?
38. No, it isn't. It's a bus. 不,那是一辆公共汽车。
39. What do you call this in English? 这个用英语怎么说?
40. What is the color of your new book? 你的新书是什么颜色的?
41. How big is your house? 你的房子有多大?
42. How long is the street? 这条街有多长?
43. What's the name of the cat? 这猫叫什么名字?
44. Where's the company? 那个公司在哪儿?
45. Which is the right size? 哪个尺码是对的?
四、About Belongings 关于所有物
46. What's this? 这是什么?
47. It's an air-conditioner. 这是空调。
48. Is this yours? 这是你的吗?
49. Yes, it's mine. 是的,是我的。
50. Where are my glasses? 我的眼镜在哪儿?
51. Do you know where I've put my glasses? 你知道我把眼镜搁哪儿了吗?
52. Over there. 在那边。
53. On the desk. 在桌上。
54. Is this your pen? I found it under the desk. 这是你的笔吗?我在桌下捡
的。
55. No. Mine is blue. 不是。我的是蓝的。
56. Which is your bag? 哪个是你的包?
57. The bigger one. 大些的那个。
58. The one on your right. 你右边的那个。
59. Are these books all yours? 这些书全是你的吗?
60. Some of them are mine. 一部分是我的。
五、Identifying People 辨别身份
61. Who are you? 你是谁?
62. I'm Jim. 我是吉姆。
63. Who is the guy over there? 那边那个人是谁?
64. He's Bob. 他是鲍勃。
65. Is that girl a student? 那个女孩是学生吗?
66. No, she isn't. 不,她不是。
67. What do you do? 你是做什么的?
68. I'm a farmer. 我是个农民。
69. What does he do? 他是干什么的?
70. He's a manager. 他是个经理。
71. She must be a model, isn't? 她一定是个模特,不是吗?
72. I really don't known. 我真不知道。
73. I have no idea about it. 我一点都不知道。
74. Can she be a driver? 她可能是个司机吗?
75. Yes, I think so. 是的,我认为是。
六、 About Introduction 关于介绍
76. What's your name? 你叫什么名字?
77. May I have your name? 能告诉我你的名字吗?
78. My name is Thomas. 我叫汤姆斯。
79. Just call me Tom. 就叫我汤姆吧。
80. What's your family name? 你姓什么?
81. My family name is Ayneswonth. 我姓安尼思华斯。
82. How do you spell it? 怎么拼?
83. Who is the lady in white? 穿白衣服的那位小姐是谁?
84. Could you introduce me to her? 你能把我介绍给她吗?
85. Rose, let me introduce my friend to you. 罗斯,让我介绍一下我的朋友。
86. This is Tom. He's my classmate. 这是汤姆。我的同学。
87. Nice to meet you. 很高兴认识你。
88. Nice to meet you, too. 认识你我也很高兴。
89. Let me introduce myself. 让我自我介绍一下。
90. How do you do? 你好!
七、Year, Month And Day 年、月、日
91. What day is it today? 今天星期几?
92. It's Monday today. 今天是星期一。
93. What's the date today? 今天是几号?
94. It's January the 15th, 1999. 今天是1999年1月15日。
95. What month is this? 现在是几月?
96. It's December. 现在是十二月。
97. What year is this? 今年是哪一年?
98. It's the year of 1999. 今年是1999年。
99. What will you do during this weekend? 这周末你干什么?
100. Does the shop open at 9 am on weekdays? 这家店平日是早上9点开门吗?
101. It opens at 8 am on weekdays, but at 9 at weekends.
平日上午8点开,但周末9点开。
102. What will you do the day after on next? 后天你干什么?
103. What did you do the week before last? 上上星期你干了什么?
104. I'll work for the next 5 days. 我要工作5天(从明天算起)
105. It's been 5 years since I last saw you. 我已5年没见你了。
八、Talking About Objects 谈论事物
106. Do you have a computer? 你有计算机吗?
107. Yes, I do. 是的,我有。
108. He has that book, doesn't he? 他有那本书,是吗?
109. No, he doesn't. 不,他没有。
110. Do you have any brothers or sisters? 你有兄弟或姐妹吗?
111. No, I'm a single son. 没有,我是独生子。
112. Does your computer have a modem? 你的电脑有调制解调器吗?
113. Do you have shampoo here? 这儿有香波卖吗?
114. What a beautiful garden you have! 你的花园真漂亮。
115. Any tickets left? 有剩票吗?
116. Do you have glue? I need some here. 你有胶水吗?我这里需要一点。
117. I have some left. 我剩下一些。
118. If you have more, please give me some. 如果你有多的,请给我。
119. Do you have my pencil? 你拿了我的铅笔吗?
120. Yes, I have your eraser, too. 是的,我还拿了你的橡皮。
九、Talking About Time 叙述时间
121. What time is it now? 现在几点?
122. It's two o'clock. 现在两点。
123. It's a quarter past five. 现在是五点一刻。
124. It's ten minutes to four. 现在差十分四点。
125. It's half past nine. 现在是九点半。
126. It's one o'clock sharp. 现在一点整。
127. It's not four o'clock. 还没到四点呢。
128. My watch says two o'clock. 我的表是两点钟。
129. My watch is two minutes fast. 我的表快了两分钟。
130. What's the time by your watch? 你的表几点了?
131. We must arrive there on time. 我们必须准时到那儿。
132. There are only two minutes left. 只剩两分钟了。
133. Can you finish your work ahead of time? 你能提前完成工作吗?
134. The flight is delayed. 飞机晚点起飞。
135. The meeting is put off. 会议延期了。
十、About Dates 关于日期
136. What day is today? 今天星期几?
137. Today is Monday. 今天星期一。
138. What's the date today? 今天几号?
139. Today is May 21st. 今天是五月二十一号。
140. When were you born? 你什么时候出生的?
141. I was born on September 1st, 1976. 我出生在1976年9月1日。
142. What time? 什么时候?
143. You name the time. 你定时间吧。
144. I'll meet you tomorrow. 我们明天见面。
145. Do you know the exact date? 你知道确切日期吗?
146. Please check the date. 请核实一下日期。
147. What were you doing this time last year? 去年这时候你在干什么?
148. How long will the sale last? 折价销售多久?
149. Only three days. 仅三天。
150. I'll be back in 5 days. 我五天之后回来。
第二册
一、About Visits 关于拜访
151. Hello. Can I see Mr. Green? 你好,我能见格林先生吗?
152. Do you have an appointment? 你有预约吗?
153. Sorry, I don't. 对不起,我没有。
154. Yes. At 3 pm. 是的,约的是下午3点。
155. Sorry, Mr. Green can't see you now. 对不起,格林先生现在不能见您。
156. He's on the phone. 他在打电话。
157. Would you wait here for a minute? 您能在这里等一下吗?
158. Would you like something to drink? 您想喝点什么吗?
159. Tea, please. 我喝点茶吧。
160. Mr. Green, Mr. Smith is here. 格林先生,史密斯先生在这里。
161. You may go in now. 您可以进去了。
162. Nice to see you, my old friend. 真高兴见到你,我的老朋友。
163. How have you been these years? 这些年你怎么样?
164. You've changed little. 你一点也没变。
165. Do you still remember that Christmas? 你仍记得那个圣诞节吗?
二、About Language 关于语言
166. Do you speak English? 你会说英语吗?
167. Yes, a little. 会讲一点。
168. How long have you studied English? 你学英语多久了?
169. He speaks English fluently. 他讲英语很流利。
170. Your English is very good. 你的英语很好。
171. You speak English pretty well. 你的英语讲的很好。
172. Are you a native speaker of English? 你的母语是英语吗?
173. My native language is Chinese. 我的母语是汉语。
174. He speaks with London accent. 他带点伦敦口音。
175. He has a strong accent. 他口音很重。
176. I have some difficulty in expressing myself. 我表达起来有点困难。
177. I'm always confused with \"s\" and \"th\". 我常把s和th搞混。
178. Can you write in English? 你能用英文写文章吗?
179. Your pronunciation is excellent. 你的发音很好。
180. How can I improve my spoken English? 我该怎样才能提高口语水平?
三、Talking About Activities 谈论活动
181. What are you doing? 你在干什么?
182. I'm reading a book. 我在看书。
183. I'm cooking. 我在做饭。
184. Are you watching TV now? 你在看电视吗?
185. Yes, I'm watching Channel 5. 是的,我在看5频道。
186. No, I'm listening to the radio. 没有,我在听收音机。
187. Where are you going? 你去哪儿?
188. I'm going to work. 我去上班。
189. Who are you writing to? 你在给谁写信?
190. I'm writing to an old friend. 给一个老朋友。
191. What will you do this weekend? 这周末你将干什么?
192. I'll go to a concert. 我要去听音乐会。
193. I'll go on an outing with some friends. 我与朋友去郊游。
194. Do you like traveling? 你喜欢郊游吗?
195. Yes, I like it a great deal/it very much. 是的,我很喜欢。
四、 About Age 关于年龄
196. How old are you? 你多大了?
197. I'm twenty-two (years old). 我二十二了。
198. Mr. Smith is still in his forties. 史密斯先生才四十几岁。
199. I'm two years younger than my sister. 我比我姐小两岁。
200. My elder sister is one year older than her husband. 我姐比他丈夫大一
岁。
201. He's the youngest in the family. 他是一家中最小的。
202. He looks much younger than he is. 他看起来比他实际上年轻得多。
203. I came here when I was 20. 我二十岁来这儿。
204. I started school at the age of 6. 我六岁开始上学。
205. My father is over 60 years old. 我父亲已年过六十了。
206. Most of them are less than 30. 他们中大多数不到30岁。
207. I guess he's about 30. 我猜他大概30岁。
208. She's going to be 15 next month. 下个月她就满15了。
209. They'll have a party for their 10th wedding anniversary.
他们将为结婚十周年开个晚会。
210. He's still a boy after all. 他毕竟还只是个孩子。
五、 Talking About Daily Activities 谈论日常生活
211. When do you get up everyday? 每天你几点起床?
212. I usually get up at 8 o'clock. 我通常8点起床。
213. Where do you have your lunch? 你在哪儿吃午饭?
214. I have my lunch in a snack bar nearby. 我在附近一家快餐店吃午饭。
215. What did you have for lunch? 你中午吃些什么?
216. I had a hamburger and a fried chicken leg? 我吃一个汉堡包,一个炸鸡腿。
217. What time do you start work? 你什么时候开始工作?
218. I start work at 8 o'clock. 我八点开始工作。
219. What do you do at work? 你上班干些什么?
220. I answer telephones and do some typing. 我接电话和打字。
221. What time do you finish your work? 你什么时候下班?
222. At 6 o'clock sharp. 6点。
223. What do you do in your spare time? 闲暇时,你干些什么?
224. I like listening to pop music. 我喜欢听流行音乐。
225. I like playing football. 我喜欢踢足球。
六、 Talking About Yesterday 谈论昨天的事
226. When did you get up yesterday morning? 你昨天早上几点起床?
227. At about seven. 七点左右。
228. I heard the clock, but I didn't get up until 9. 我听见闹钟了,但我捱到
九点才起。
229. I woke up seven and got up right away. 我七点醒了,然后马上起床了。
230. I hurried to my office. 我匆忙赶到办公室。
231. I had my breakfast on the way. 我在路上吃的早饭。
232. I was just on time. 我刚好赶上。
233. I was 10 minutes late. 我迟到了五分钟。
234. I had lunch with a friend of mine. 我和我的一个朋友一块吃了午饭。
235. I finished my work at 6 p.m. 下午6点我下班了。
236. I stayed and did some extra work. 我留下加了一会儿班。
237. The TV programs were really boring, so I went to bed very early.
电视节目很无聊,所以我早早睡了。
238. I read a magazine in bed. 我躺在床上看杂志。
239. I didn't sleep well. 我没睡好。
240. I slept soundly all night. 我整夜睡的很熟。
七、 Talking With Friends 与朋友聊天
241. Hi, Joe, is it really you? 乔,你好,真是你吗?
242. Hi, Ann. Nice to see you again. 安,你好。真高兴再次见到你。
243. It's been a whole year since I last saw you. 我整整一年没见你了。
244. Yes, but you look as pretty now, as you did then. 但你看起来还是那么漂
亮。
245. Oh, thank you. How have you been these days? 欧,谢谢。这段时间你好吗?
246. Not too bad. 不太糟。
247. But you sound so sad. 但听起来你很悲伤。
248. Yes, I lost my pet cat yesterday. 是啊,昨天我的宠物猫丢了。
249. Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. 听到这消息我很遗憾。
250. That's all right. 没事儿。
251. Have you seen Kate lately? 最近你看见凯特了吗?
252. No, I have no contact with her. 没有。我和她没有一点儿联系。
253. I heard she got married last week. 我听说她上星期结婚了。
254. Oh, how nice. Sorry, I've got to go now. 那真好。对不起,我必须得走了。
255. So do I. See you later. Keep in touch. 我也是,再见。记得联系哦。
八、 Talking About The Past 谈论过去
256. I used to take a walk in the early morning. 我过去常一大早出去散步。
257. He used to live in my neighborhood. 他曾与我是邻居。
258. Did you use to go fishing with friends? 过去你常和朋友钓鱼吗?
259. We have known each other for 6 years. 我们认识有六年了。
260. It has been a long time since last came here. 自从我上次来这里已经有很
长时间了。
261. Have you seen Mr. Smith recently? 最近你见过史密斯先生吗?
262. They've been working on this project since last year.
他们从去年开始一直都在做这个项目。
263. I've been watching TV all night. 我看了一整晚的电视。
264. The movie began as soon as we got there. 我们一到那儿电影就开始了。
265. When I arrived at the station, the train had already left. 我到车站时,
火车已经开了。
266. The late arrival of the ship had messed up all our plans.
船到晚了,把我们的计划全打乱了。
267. I had thought he knew the time of the meeting. 我原以为他知道开会时间。
268. They had excepted me to go with them. 他们原本希望我和他们一起去。
269. That was the third time that I had visited the place. 那是我第三次参观
那地方了。
270. After I had finished my paper, I put it in the drawer. 我写完论文,就把
它放在抽屉了。
九、 Asking About The Address 询问地址
271. Hi, Jack, where do you live now? 你好,杰克,你现在住哪儿?
272. I live at 203 Curzon Street. 我住在可胜街203号。
273. Curzon Street? Isn't Mary living there? 可胜街?玛丽不是也住那儿吗?
274. Yes, she lives just across the street. 是的,她就住在街对面。
275. How long have you stayed there? 你在那儿住多久了?
276. Just a few months. 才几个月。
277. How about Mary? How long has she lived there? 玛丽怎么样?她在那儿住多
久了?
278. She's been living there since her birth. 她生下来就住那儿。
279. Will you stay there for long? 你会在那儿待很长时间吗?
280. No, I'll move to Hollywood next month. 不,我下个月搬到好莱坞去。
281. Oh, really? I'm moving there too. 真的?我也会搬到那儿去。
282. Great. Then we can drink beer together. 棒极了,我们可以一起喝啤酒了。
283. Yes, and you may stay there longer. 对,而且你也许会在那儿住久一些。
284. I hope so. 希望如此。
285. I'm sure we'll have a good time. 我相信我们会很开心的。
十、 Asking Questions 提问题
286. Where are you going? 你去哪儿?
287. Where did you go for dinner yesterday? 你们昨天去哪儿吃的饭?
288. When will he come to see you? 他什么时候来看你?
289. When did you buy the car? 你什么时候买的车?
290. Who told you? 谁告诉你的?
291. Who will accompany you to the airport? 谁将陪你去机场?
292. Why don't you agree? 你为什么不同意?
293. Why not go out for a walk? 干吗不出去散步?
294. How did you doing spend your holiday? 你假期怎么过的?
295. How are you doing these days? 这些日子你怎么样?
296. What did he say in the letter? 他在信里说什么了?
297. What are you going to do with the books? 你打算拿这些书怎么办?
298. What were you doing when I called? 我打电话给你时你在干吗?
299. I was about to leave. 我正要出门。
300. Can you guess what I was doing this morning? 你能猜到今天上午我在做什么
吗?
第三册
一、 Measuring And Comparing 形容物品、度量、比较
301. What's the height of the building? 这座楼有多高?
302. How much does the elephant weight? 这个大象有多重?
303. What's the color of your new dress? 你的新衣服是什么颜色的?
304. What's the size of your shoes? 你的鞋多大尺寸?
305. My brother is twice as tall as your sister. 我弟弟比你妹妹高一倍。
306. My grandma is 40 years older than me. 我祖母比我大40岁。
307. This river is one third as long as that river. 这条河只有那条河的三分之
一长。
308. What's the shape of your balloon? 你的气球是什么形状?
309. How wide is this bridge? 这座桥有多宽?
310. How thick is the ice here? 这儿的冰有多厚?
311. This metal is harder than that one. 这种金属比那种硬。
312. He can run as fast as Jim. 他跑的和吉姆一样快。
313. Kate is smarter than I. 凯特比我聪明。
314. How long do you watch TV every day? 你每天看多长时间电视?
315. How often do you go swimming? 你多久去游一次泳?
二、 Asking For Help 寻求帮助
316. Would you please open the door for me? 请你帮忙开个门好吗?
317. May I ask you a question? 我能问你个问题吗?
318. Please give me a hand. 请帮我个忙。
319. Could you do me a favor? 能请你帮个忙吗?
320. Would you help me remove the refrigerator? 能帮忙移一下冰箱吗?
321. Get me my coat, please. 请帮我拿下外套。
322. Make me a cup of coffee, will you? 给我冲杯咖啡,好吗?
323. Call me tomorrow if you have time. 明天要有时间就给我打个电话。
324. Could you tell me where I can find these books? 您能告诉我在哪儿能找到
这些书吗?
325. Certainly. 当然了。
326. Witch pleasure. 很高兴。
327. I'm sorry. I'm engaged now. 对不起,我现在正忙着。
328. I'm glad to, but I'm afraid I don't have the time. 我很乐意,但我恐怕没
时间。
329. Would you mind closing the window for me? 能帮我关一下窗户吗?(你介意
关下窗户吗?)
330. Not at all. 当然可以。(当然不介意)
三、 Asking Directions 打听情况和问路
331. Excuse me, madam. Could you tell me where the post office is?
对不起,女士,请问邮局在哪里?
332. It's just around the corner. 转弯就是。
333. Excuse me, how can I get to the bus station? 对不起,汽车站怎么走?
334. You can take the bus and get off at the second stop.
你可以坐公共汽车第二站下。
335. Excuse me. Where is No.5 Street? 对不起,第五大街在哪儿?
336. Go straight ahead and turn left at the second crossing.
一直往前走,在第二个十字路口往左拐。
337. Excuse me. Can you tell me how to get to Mr. Hu's restaurant?
对不起,你能告诉我怎么去胡先生的餐馆吗?
338. Go on for about 100 meters. It's on your left side. You can't miss it.
往前走约100米,在你左手边,你不会错过的。
339. Which one is Mr. Jame's office? 哪间是詹姆司先生的办公室?
340. It's Room 201 on the second floor. 二楼201房间。
341. Can I use the lift? 我能用电梯吗?
342. Sorry, it's broken. You have to use the stairs. 对不起,它坏了,你只能
走楼梯了。
343. Where are the stairs? 楼梯在哪里呢?
344. Go along the corridor and it's on your right side. 沿着走廊走,在你右手
边。
345. Thank you for directions. 感谢你为我指路。
四、 About Marriage 关于婚姻
346. Are you married? 你结婚了吗?
347. I'm single. 我现在单身。
348. You have a younger brother, don't you? 你有个弟弟,是吗?
349. How is your family? 你的家人怎么样?
350. She's engaged/married to John. 她和约翰订婚/结婚了。
351. How long have you been married? 你们结婚多久了?
352. We've been married for 2 years. 我们结婚两年了。
353. My parents got married in 1954. 我父母1954年结婚的。
354. Mary gave birth to a baby last week. 玛丽上星期做妈妈了。
355. They've been divorced. 他们已离婚了。
356. His wife died a year ago. Now he lives alone. 他妻子去年去世了。现在他
一个人住。
357. My aunt will come to live with me for some days. 我阿姨会来和我住一些日
子。
358. John has his own family now. 约翰现在有自己的家了。
359. Do you live with your parents? 你和你父母住一起吗?
360. No. I live in my own house. 不,我住在自己的房子里。
五、 Talking About Neighbors And Friends 谈论邻居和朋友
361. Do you know Mary? 你认识玛丽吗?
362. Sure. We are friends since primary school. 当然,我们从小学就是朋友了。
363. Really? I was introduced to her just last weekend. 真的?上周末我才被介
绍给她。
364. What is she doing now? 她现在干些什么呢?
365. She told me she wanted to start a company. 她告诉我她想开公司。
366. Start a company? But I thought she would be a scholar.
开公司?我原以为她会成为一个学者
367. People are always changing, aren't they? 人总是在变,不是吗?
368. Yes, you're right. After all, she is smart enough to go into business.
是啊,你说的对。毕竟,她完全有经商才智。
369. But she doesn't have much experience. 但她没有太多经验。
370. You two don't have much contact? 你们俩没怎么联系吗?
371. No, I only wrote her one letter this year. 是的,今年我才给她写过一封
信。
372. And she? 她呢?
373. She sent me a Christmas card last year. 去年寄过一张圣诞卡。
374. Oh, that's not good. 哦,那可不好。
375. Yes, we should try to contact more. 是的,我们应该联系多点。
六、 Planning The Future 计划将来
376. What time are you going to leave for the airport tomorrow?
你明天打算什么时候去机场?
377. Is he coming to dinner? 他回来吃饭吗?
378. I'm going to the bookstore. Will you go with me? 我要去书店,你和我去吗
?
379. They're going to discuss it at the meeting next Friday.
他们将在下周五的会上讨论这个问题。
380. I'll be waiting for you at the restaurant this time tomorrow.
我明天这时候在餐馆等你。
381. After I get home, I'll call you. 到家以后,我会给你打电话。
382. How will you spend the evening? 你晚上干什么?
383. I'll probably stay home and watch TV. 我可能会呆在家看电视。
384. What's your plan for the summer holiday? 暑假计划干什么?
385. I'm thinking about a visit to Paris. 我在考虑去巴黎旅游。
386. There's going to be a pottery exhibition at the art gallery.
艺术馆将有一次陶瓷展。
387. You are still thinking about a Ph.D., aren't you?
你还是想学成博士,是吗?
388. What will you do about it? 你会拿这事怎么办?
389. What do you want to do after graduation? 你毕业后想干什么?
390. I'll further my study. 我想继续深造。
七、 Talking About The Weather 谈论天气
391. Have you heard the weather forecast? 你听天气预报了吗?
392. No, what does it say? 没有,它说什么了?
393. We'll have fine weather for the next few days? 以后几天天气晴朗。
394. But it's still raining today! 可今天还在下雨。
395. It is said it will clear up tonight. 天气预报说今晚雨就会停。
396. What will it be after the clear weather? 晴天以后天气会怎么样?
397. It says a storm may come next month. 天气预报说下个月会有一场暴风雨。
398. And it may get colder, it's already November. 并且天气会更冷。
399. Yes, and I hope we can have some snow this winter. 是的,我希望今年冬天
会下雪。
400. I'm afraid it won't be cold enough for a snowfall. 我恐怕天不会冷的下
雪。
401. But last year we had a big one. 但去年下了大雪。
402. Yes, but you know global warming may raise the temperature.
是的,但全球变暖会使气温上升。
403. You are probably right. 你也许是对的。
404. I'm going skating in the Alps next month. 下个月我去阿尔卑斯山滑雪。
405. I hope the weather there is cold enough. 我希望那儿天气够冷。
八、 About Sickness 关于生病
406. How are you feeling today? 你今天感觉怎么样?
407. I don't feel very well. 我觉得不太舒服。
408. Do you fell better now? 你现在觉得好点了吗?
409. Much better. 好多了。
410. I'm sick. 我病了。
411. He's got a bad headache. 他头痛的厉害。
412. My fever is gone. 我的烧已经退了。
413. What's the matter with you? 你怎么啦?
414. I've got a pain in my back. 我背疼。
415. It really hurts. 可真疼。
416. It hurts right here. 就这儿疼。
417. It's bleeding. You'd better see a doctor about that cut.
在流血呢,你最好找个医生看看这伤口。
418. Call the doctor! 快打电话叫医生!
419. Take two pills and have a good rest. 吃两片药,好好休息一下。
420. I hope you'll be well soon. 祝你早日恢复健康。
九、 Talking About Habits 谈论日常生活习惯
421. I get up at 8 every morning. 每天早上我8点起床。
422. I then take a bath in the bathroom. 然后我去洗澡间洗个澡。
423. I shave, brush my teeth, and comb my hair. 我洗脸,刷牙,梳头。
424. I put on a bit of makeup. 我化一点妆。
425. I cooked breakfast for the family. 我为一家人做早餐。
426. I go downstairs and have my breakfast. 我下楼吃早饭。
427. I read the newspaper over breakfast. 我边吃早饭边看报纸。
428. I wake my sister up. 我叫醒我妹妹。
429. I dress my sister and wash her hands and face.
我给我妹妹穿衣服,洗脸洗手。
430. I get to my office at 10:30. 十点半到办公室。
431. I leave the office at 7. 我七点离开办公室。
433. I buy some food on my way home. 我回家路上买些吃的。
434. I pick up my sister from her school. 我到学校接妹妹。
435. We go to bed at 10:30. 我们十点半睡觉。
十、 Asking For Other's Opinions 询问别人的意见。
436. What do you think about it? 你对此怎么看?
437. Is that right? 那样对吗?
438. Absolutely right. 绝对正确。
439. I think you're mistaken about that. 我想你那样不对。
440. Is that ok? 这样行吗?
441. That's ok/fine. 挺好的。
442. That's excellent. 那太棒了。
443. He was absent yesterday. Do you know why? 昨天他没到,你知道为什么吗?
444. Do you have any idea? 你怎么想?
445. I suppose he was sick. 我猜他大概是病了。
446. Will it rain tomorrow? 明天会下雨吗?
447. No, I don't think so. 不,我想不会。
448. Do you really want to know what I think? 你真想知道我怎么想吗?
449. Please give me your advice. 请给我提些建议。
450. I want to hear your opinion. 我想听听你们想法。
第四册
一、Making Plans 订计划
451. What do you plan to do this Friday? 明天你打算干什么?
452. What are you doing next week? 下周你干什么?
453. I plan to go to the concert. 我打算去听音乐会。
454. I'm thinking of going to my grandma's. 我想去外婆家。
455. I'll go skiing of the weather permits. 天气允许的话,我会去滑雪。
456. I suppose I can finish the project next year. 我想我明年完成此工程。
457. I have no idea. 我不知道。
458. It's up to you. 由你决定。
459. I'm considering buying a house. 我想买套房子。
460. Hi, Jack, what lessons will you take this semester? 你好,杰克,这学期
你选什么课?
461. Hi, Lucy. I'll take French and Economics. 你好,露西,我想选法语和经
济。
462. I'm taking Chinese and History. 我将选中文和历史。
463. Do you plan to do some odd jobs? 你打算打工吗?
464. Yes, I'm applying to work at the library. 是的,我在申请图书馆管理员的
工作。
465. Good luck! 祝你好运。
二、 About Decisions 关于决定
466. It's up to you. 由你决定。
467. You have the final say. 你说了算。
468. She insists that it doesn't matter. 她坚持说那没关系。
469. He's made up his mind to quit his job. 他已决定辞去他的工作。
470. I've decided not to sell the house. 我决定不卖房子了。
471. I'm determined to leave. 我决意要走了。
472. Have you decided? 你决定了吗?
473. No, I haven't decided yet. 不,还没有。
474. I've changed my mind. 我改注意了。
475. It's still undecided. 还没决定。
476. Don't hesitate any more. 别在犹豫了。
477. Give me a definite answer, please. 请给个明确的答复。
478. It's really hard to make a decision. 挺难做决定的。
479. I'm always making resolutions, like giving up smoking. 我总在做出决定,
比如戒烟。
450. Don't shilly-shally. 别犹豫不决。
三、 Traveling 旅游
481. Do you like traveling? 你喜欢旅游吗?
482. Yes, I've just come back from Scotland. 是的,我刚从苏格兰回来。
483. How did you get there? 你怎么去的?
484. I got there by plane. 我坐飞机去的。
485. Where did you visit? 你去参观了哪些地方?
486. I only had time to visit Edinburgh. 我只有时间去爱丁堡。
487. How did you like it? 你喜欢那儿吗?
488. It's fantastic. 那儿棒极了。
489. Why did you go there? 你为什么去那儿?
490. I went there on business. 我出差到那儿。
491. And do you have friends there? 你在那儿有朋友吗?
492. Yes, a lot of friends. 是的,很多。
493. You must have enjoyed yourself. 你一定玩的很开心。
494. Yes, and I took many pictures. 是的,我还照了好多照片。
495. Please let me see them. 让我看看。
四、 About Shopping 关于购物
496. Will you go shopping with me? 你跟我去买东西吗?
497. Here's your change. 这是找你的钱。
498. I'll go to pick up some odds and ends at the store. 我要到商店买些零碎
的东西。
499. Excuse me, would you tell me where I can get some butter?
打扰一下,您能告诉我黄油在哪儿卖吗?
500. May I have a look at the watch? 我能看看这块表吗?
501. May I try it on? 我能试试吗?
502. This is too small for me. Do you have a bigger one? 这个太小了,有大点
的吗?
503. Do you have any more colors? 有别的颜色吗?
504. What's your size? 你穿多大号?
505. It suits you to a T. 特别适合你。
506. It's too expensive for me. 对于我来说太贵了。
507. Can you came down a bit? 可以再便宜点吗?
508. I'll take it. 我买了。
509. How much is it? 这卖多少钱?
510. How much do I owe you? 我该付多少钱?
五、 In The Restaurant 餐馆进餐
511. What would you like to eat? 你想吃点什么?
512. Are you ready to order? 你要点菜了吗?
513. I'd like some steak and bread. 我要牛排和面包。
514. What would you like for dessert? 你要什么甜点?
515. I'll have some ice cream. 我要冰淇淋。
516. Do you want some fruit? 你要水果吗?
517. Yes, please. I want an apple. 是的,我要一个苹果。
518. Anything to drink? 喝点什么?
519. A small glass of whisky, please. 请来一小杯威士忌。
520. Here is your food. 你的菜来了。
521. Bring me the bill please. 请买单。
522. Can I pay by check or credit card? 我能用支票或信用卡吗?
523. Sorry, we only take cash. 对不起,我们只收现金。
524. Here you are. 给。
525. Here is your change. 找您的钱。
六、 About Evening Entertainment 关于夜生活
526. I'm free tonight. 我今晚有空。
527. Shall we go to the cinema? 我们去看电影好吗?
528. Do you know what's on tonight? 你知道今天上演什么?
529. May I ask you for a dance? 可以请你跳支舞吗?
530. With pleasure. 很荣幸。
531. Sorry, I'm engaged. 对不起,我有约在先了。
532. What about another dance? 再跳一曲好吗?
533. You're a good dancer. 你舞跳的真好。
534. What's on Channel 8 now? 现在8频道播什么节目?
535. I don't know. You may look in the TV Guide. 我不知道,你可以看看《电视
报》。
536. Let's see what else is on. 咱们看看有没有别的节目。
537. Did you see the special last night? 昨晚你看特别节目了吗?
538. I don't want to see any more of this TV show. 我不想再看这个电视节目
了。
539. Can we change the channel? 能换个频道吗?
540. I want to see the weather. 我想看天气预报。
七、 Appointments 约会
541. I'd like to make an appointment with Mrs. Green. 我想约个时间见格林女
士。
542. She's free on Friday and Saturday. 她周五和周六有空。
543. Sorry, can I see her before Friday? 对不起,我能周五之前见她吗?
544. Let me see. She has 30 minutes Tuesday afternoon. 让我查查,她周二下午
有30分钟。
545. At what time? 什么时间?
546. From 4 to 4:30. 四点到四点半。
547. All right. 好吧。
548. So you'll come then. Please phone in if you can't make it.
那么你就那时来,如果来不了,请打电话给我。
549. I have an interview this afternoon. 我今天下午有面试。
550. I can come any time except Sunday. 除星期天外我都能来。
551. You can reach me at 6609823. 你打电话6609823就能找到我。
552. He phoned to cancel the meeting. 他打电话来取消会议。
553. Please call me before you come. 你来之前请打电话。
554. Please make an appointment with my secretary. 请跟我秘书定个见面时间。
555. I have to change my appointment from Monday to Thursday.
我不得不把约会从周一改到周四。
八、 Seeing A Doctor 看医生
556. What's your trouble? 你有什么不舒服?
557. How long have you had it? 你得这病多久了?
558. I should say you've caught a cold. 我看你感冒了。
559. You need an injection. 你需要打针。
560. Is it serious? 我的病严重吗?
561. Do I need to be hospitalized? 我需要住院吗?
562. Have you seen the doctor? 你看过医生了吗?
563. What did the doctor say? 医生怎么说?
564. Jack is up and about now. 杰克病后复原了。
565. The doctor says that I should take quinine. 医生说我应该服用奎宁。
566. What sort of medicine do you take? 你吃的是什么药?
567. The doctor says that I should not eat anything oily. 医生说我不能吃油腻
的东西。
568. I had a shot of penicillin. 我打了一针青霉素。
569. You have to be operated on. 你得做手术。
570. He gave me a chest X-ray and took my blood pressure.
他给我做了X光胸透并量了血压。
九、 Making A Phonecall 打电话
571. Hello. May I speak to Mr. Green? 你好,我找格林先生。
572. Just a moment. 等一会儿。
573. Hold on. 等一会儿。
574. He's not in. May I take a message for him? 他不在,我能替他捎个口信吗?
575. Yes, please. 是的,麻烦了。
576. Would you answer the phone please? 你能接下电话吗?
577. I want to make a long distance call. 我想打个长途电话。
578. This is Mary Speaking. 我是玛丽。
579. Would you tell Mr. Green that I called? 你能告诉格林先生我给他打了个电
话吗?
580. I must have dialed a wrong number. 我一定拨错号了。
581. I couldn't get through. 我打不通。
582. I have to hang up now. 我得挂电话了。
583. Would you call back tomorrow? 你能明天回个电话吗?
584. There's something wrong with the phone. 电话出了点儿毛病。
585. I tried to call you, but the line was busy. 我试着给你打电话,但老占
线。
十、 About Mail 关于邮政
586. I have received a letter from my cousin. 我收到了我表兄的信。
587. I haven't heard from him for a long time. 我很久没有收到他的信了。
588. Send a postcard to me when you arrive in Shanghai. 你到上海以后给我发张
明信片。
589. I put some photographs in the envelope. 我在信里夹了几张照片。
590. He hasn't answered my letter yet. 他还没有给我回信。
591. My mother mailed me a parcel. 我妈给我寄了一个包裹。
592. We keep in touch with each other by Email since he left China.
他离开中国以后,我们用Email保持联系。
593. Don't forget to put stamps on your letter. 别忘了贴邮票。
594. How long does it take for a letter to get to America from Beijing?
信从北京到美国要多久?
595. You've got an express mail. 你有特快专递。
596. To make it fast, you can send a fax. 要想快点的话就发个传真。
597. My mother has sent me a registered letter, I guess she has something
important to tell me.
我妈给我发了一封挂号信,我想她有什么重要的事情要说。
598. I find my name on the blackboard. I must have got a remittance.
我在黑板上看到我的名字,肯定有我的汇款。
599. Do you want to airmail it or not? 你想发航空信吗?
600. I drop the letter into the mailbox in front of the Post Office.
我把信塞进邮局前面的邮筒里。
第五册
一、 Talking About Feelings 叙述感受
601. You look radiant tonight. 你今晚真是光彩照人。
602. It was a terrible experience. 那是一次可怕的经历。
603. I am on top of the world. 我高兴到了极点。
604. The dinner was wonderful. 晚餐棒极了。
605. The Christmas tree is gorgeous. 圣诞树真华美。
606. What a boring movie it is! 多么无聊的一场电影啊。
607. How can he give us such a tedious lecture! 他怎么能做这么沉闷乏味的演
讲。
608. How fragrant the flowers are! 这些花真香!
609. The party is making too much noise. 这次聚会太吵了。
610. You look elegant in that dress. 你穿这条裙子显的很漂亮。
611. The coat doesn't suit you. 这件外衣不太适合你。
612. His flattery makes me sick. 他的恭维让我恶心。
613. We had a good time. 我们玩的很开心。
614. We enjoyed ourselves very much. 我们玩的很开心。
615. I am bored to death. 我无聊死了。
二、 Looking For A House 寻找住房
616. This house is for rent. 此房出租。
617. It's really a bargain. 租金很便宜。
618. I want to rent a furnished house. 我想要有家具的房子。
619. That house is for sale. It has central heating. 此房出售,房子里有供暖
设备。
620. What kind of furniture do you like? 你喜欢什么样的家具?
621. This is a rather old house. It needs painting. 这房子挺旧的,得刷一下才
行。
622. I want an apartment with two bedrooms and a kitchen.
我想要一套有两间卧室和一个厨房的公寓。
623. The houses downtown are very expensive. 市区的房子很贵。
624. How much is the rent for a month? 每月租金多少?
625. I feel at home living here. The landlady is very kind to me.
我觉得住在这里象在家里一样。房东太太对我很好。
626. We have a few kitchen things and a dining room set.
我们有一些厨房用具和一套餐厅设备。
627. There's no gas range in the kitchen, but you can use the electric
stove.
厨房里没有煤气灶,但你可以用电炉。
628. There is a shower in the bathroom. 浴室里有淋浴器。
629. I have a dog, but it's very quiet. 我有一只狗,不过它很安静。
630. The room has a big closet. You can put your baggage in it.
房间里有一个很大的壁橱,你可以把你的行李放进去。
三、 Talking About Dressing 谈论衣着
631. What will you wear for the party? 晚会上你穿什么?
632. I'll wear my blue dress. 我会穿我的兰色裙子。
633. Don't you think it's too formal? 你不觉得太正式了吗?
634. Why? What will you wear? 为什么?你会穿什么?
635. Just my shirt and jeans. 我就穿衬衣和牛仔裤。
636. You should have your suit cleaned and ironed. 你应该把你的套装拿去洗烫
一下。
637. You'd better put on your jacket. It's cold outside. 你最好穿上夹克,外
面冷。
638. The blouse no longer fits me. 这件衬衣不再合我身了。
639. My son has outgrown these trousers. 我儿子已经长的穿不了这条裤子了。
640. The shoes are worn-out. 这鞋已经不能穿了。
641. I don't like wearing the uniform. 我不喜欢穿制服。
642. Do you want to change before the banquet? 宴会前你想换衣服吗?
643. Your shoe lace is loose. 你的鞋带松了。
644. You forgot to fasten the collar buttons. 你忘了系鞋带。
645. Take off your hat. It doesn't fit. 取下你的帽子,它不适合你。
四、 Expressing Different Opinions 表达不同的观点
646. He is a very creative student. 他是个很有创造力的学生。
647. What you have said about this is very interesting. 你说的很有意思。
648. I cannot agree with you on this point. 在这一点上,我不能同意你的意见。
649. You've got the point. 你抓住了问题的实质。
650. That's the point. 这正是问题的关键。
651. The whole class is in a heated discussion. 全班同学正在热烈讨论。
652. Let's just run through the arguments for and against.
我们来看一下赞成和反对的理由。
653. Please sum up what you said just now. 请把你刚才说的总结一下。
654. Has anybody else anything to say on this? 关于这点,谁还有什么别的要说
吗?
655. Does anybody share David's opinion? 有谁同意大卫的观点吗?
656. Is there any evidence to support what you have said? 有什么证据可以支持
你的说法吗?
657. Well, it depends. 这得视情况而定。
658. I don't think it's necessary for us to discuss this question any
further.
我想我们没有必要进一步讨论这个问题。
659. There are always two sides to everything. 每件是都有两面性。
660. Finally, we came to an agreement. 最后我们达成了一致。
五、 About Things In The future 考虑将来可能从事的活动
661. I want to be a journalist after graduation. 毕业后我想当记者。
662. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, we'll have a picnic. 如果明天不下雨,我们
就去野餐。
663. As soon as he comes, we'll let him know. 他一来,我们就告诉他。
664. You can stay as long as you pay the rent on time. 只要你按时交房租,你
就能住这儿。
665. When she leaves, he'll cry for a day. 她走时,他会哭一天。
666. She will go into business when she likes to. 她想经商时就会去经商。
667. I'll leave for London if I finish my work today. 如果我今天完成工作,我
就会去伦敦。
668. I'll work for 5 years and then go back to school. 我会工作五年,然后会
学校。
669. He will become a writer if he goes on doing well in writing.
如果他仍写的这么好的话,他将成为一个作家。
670. I hope he will meet me at the airport. 我希望他能到机场接我。
671. I'm thinking of quitting the job. 我在考虑辞职。
672. I plan to learn photography. 我打算学摄影。
673. What do you say we have a party this weekend? 我们周末开个派对,你觉得
怎么样?
674. She will certainly remain single. 她肯定会保持独身。
675. He will probably follow in his father's footsteps. 他可能会继承父业。
六、 Things That Might Have Happened 可能发生的事
676. I would have had a much better holiday if I had stayed at home.
我要是呆在家里的话,假期会好过的多。
677. What have you been doing since I saw you last time?
自从我上次见到你以后你都在干什么?
678. If I had got enough money yesterday, I would have bought that tape.
如果我昨天钱够的话,我就买了那盒磁带了。
679. Looking back on it, I think I shouldn't have given up the contest so
easily.
回过头来看,我想我不应该如此轻易的放弃那次比赛。
680. Had I taken a taxi, I wouldn't have been late. 如果我打的去的话就不会迟
到了。
681. Even if you take the exam again, you won't pass it.
就算再考一次你也通不过。
682. Even if you had given him much more money, he might not have paid off
the debt.
就算你给了他更多的钱,他也还不清债务。
683. What would you have done if you hadn't gone out for a picnic yesterday?
如果你昨天没有出去野餐的话。你会干什么?
684. I wish I had told him the truth. 我真希望我把真相告诉了他。
685. I wish you hadn't cheated me. 我希望你没有欺骗我。
686. If it had been fine, we would have gone to the park.
如果天气好的话,我们就去公园了。
687. Would he have seen you if you hadn't waved to him?
如果你没有朝他挥手,他能看见你吗?
688. You should have studied much harder. 你本应该更努力的学习。
689. I had thought about arguing with the teacher about that, but I didn't
have enough courage.
我本想和老师争论那个问题,但我没有足够的勇气。
690. I had thought about living with my grandparents when my parents went
abroad last year.
当我的父母去年出国的时候,我本想和我的祖父母住在一起。
七、 Talking About Likes And Dislikes 询问喜欢和不喜欢的事
691. What's your favorite sport? 你最喜欢什么运动?
692. I like football best. 我最喜欢足球。
693. Football is my favorite. 足球是我最喜欢的。
694. Which do you prefer, fishing or mountain-climbing? 钓鱼和登山,你更喜欢
哪一个?
695. Neither. 一个都不喜欢。
696. What do you like best, apples, pears, or bananas? 苹果,梨,香蕉,你最
喜欢哪个?
697. He's crazy about Michael Jordan. 他疯狂喜爱迈克·乔丹。
698. She hates boxing. 她讨厌拳击。
699. She is sick of watching boxing. 她厌恶观看拳击。
700. She has good taste in clothes. 她对服装很有鉴赏力。
701. What do you like to do in your spare time? 空闲时你喜欢干什么?
702. I like collecting stamps. 我喜欢收集邮票。
703. I prefer tea to coffee. 和咖啡相比,我更喜欢茶。
704. What do you dislike most about this movie? 这部电影你最不喜欢什么?
705. I would rather sleep than watch this movie. 我情愿睡觉也不看这部电影。 |
|