yibenhaoshu 发表于 2007-12-1 23:24:57

商务英语口语

Describing your company's products


DON BRADLEY: Let' s have a run through. We must get this right.
堂.布拉德利:我们先排练一遍。我们一定不要出问题。
First we have the introductions and the agenda.

首先我们进行介绍和议程安排。
Second I talk about the background.
其次,我来谈一下背景、
Company growth, staffing levels, return on investment, turnover, and pre-tax profit.
公司增长、员工水平、投资回报率、营业额以及税前利润。
Third Derek, you talk about the product range.
第三,德里克,你谈论一下产品的范围.
At this stage of the presentation we want to present a broad company profile.
这个阶段,我们只是给出大概的公司情况。
Don' t give too much detail about specific products.
不用给出太多产品的细节。
DEREK JONES: Okay Don. I' ll describe the range and say which products are successful.
德里克.琼斯:好的,堂。我会描述一下产品范围,说明那些产品是成功的。
DON BRADLEY: Good. Mr. Sakai may want to discuss certain products so be ready for that.
堂.布拉德利:好。酒井先生或许会就某些问题谈论一下,要做好准备。
At the end of this section of the presentation I will ask Mr. Sakai if he has any questions.
这个阶段的演示结束时,我会问酒井先生是否问题。
We won' t discuss research and development at this stage,That will come at the end.
这个阶段,还不必讨论研发问题,这最后再说。
Then Kate, you talk about major markets and sales strategy.
然后,凯特,你来谈主要的市场和销售策略。
Is everything ready?
一切都准备好了吗?
KATE MCKENNA: Everything is ready. And rehearsed.
凯特.麦凯纳:都准备好了。开始排练。
PHIL WATSON: Right, the product title goes here...
菲尔.沃森:对,产品名称在这儿……
Just remind me, is the product called Big Boss or The Big Boss?
记得提醒我,产品是叫 Big Boss还是 The Big Boss?
EDWARD GREEN: Big Boss.
爱德华.格林:Big Boss/大老板。
PHIL WATSON: Okay. These letters?
菲尔.沃森:好的。是用这些文字?
Or these black letters?
还是这些黑色文字?
EDWARD GREEN: No, I don' t like those letters.
爱德华,格林:不,我不喜欢那些文字。
PHIL WATSON: Okay. These?
菲尔.沃森:好的。这些呢?
EDWARD GREEN: Can they be larger?
爱德华.格林:可以大些吗?
PHIL WATSON: Yes. Like this.
菲尔.沃森:可以。象这个。
It looks good like that.
那样看起来不错。
EDWARD GREEN: Excellent. It' s very clear. It' s easy to read. That' s what I want.
爱德华.格林:非常好。很清楚。读起来容易些。正是我想要的。
DON BRADLEY: Again, welcome to Bibury Systems.
堂.布拉德利:再次欢迎你光临Bibury系统公司。
We' re very honoured to have the opportunity of making this presentation to you, Mr. Sakai.
我们很荣幸有机会向你做这次演示, 酒井先生。
In the next hour and a half, we hope to show that:
在接下来的1个半小时的时间,我们希望展示:
1. Bibury Systems has the right product range for today' s market place, and ambitious plans for the future.
1、Bibury系统公司的产品对当今市场是畅销对路的,并且也有对未来的宏伟计划。
2. That our market share in Europe is growing at a steady rate.
2、我们在欧洲市场的分额在平稳增长。
3. That our marketing strategy in the US is very successful.
3、我们在美国的营销策略是很成功的。
And lastly, 4. That we can be a major player in Far Eastern markets.
最后,第四点,我们可以成为远东市场上一个很有力的参与者。
And we are sure that we can be a major player in these markets.
我确信我们会成为这些市场的主要参与者。
If you have any questions, please feel free to interrupt at any time.
如果你有任何疑问,请随时打断我。
But first of all, some background information on Bibury Systems.
但首先,我们看一下Bibury系统公司的一些背景信息。
As you know, the company was started over forty years ago by Mr. Harris Senior.
该公司始于40多年前,由老哈里斯先生创办。
In those early days, the company' s core business was model railways and cars.
创业初期,公司的核心业务是模型铁道和汽车。

PHIL WATSON: And here we have some copy that tells us what the product can do.
菲尔.沃森:这里是一个文本,可以了解该产品可以做什么。

EDWARD GREEN: \"Some toys talk, some toys listen. But Big Boss talks and listens to you.\"
爱德华.格林:有些玩具可以说话,有些玩具可以倾听。但“大老板”既能说又会听。
PHIL WATSON: And here, and here are the pictures.
菲尔.沃森:这里是一些图片。
They show Big Boss with the accessories.
他们显示了“大老板” 及其附件。
What do you think?
你认为怎么样?
EDWARD GREEN: The pictures are okay, but I don' t like the copy.
爱德华.格林:图片还好,但我不喜欢文本。
PHIL WATSON: Why not?
菲尔.沃森:为什么?
EDWARD GREEN: It' s not exciting. It doesn' t sell the product.
爱德华.格林:还不够令人振奋。不利于产品销售。
PHIL WATSON: \"Some toys talk, some toys listen.
菲尔.沃森:有些玩具可以说话,有些玩具可以倾听。
Big Boss talks and listens to you.\"
但 “大老板”既能说又会听。
EDWARD GREEN: It' s not the way you say the words, it' s the words themselves.
爱德华.格林:不是讲这些文字的方式,而是文字本身的问题。
They' re not right.
这些字有问题。
PHIL WATSON: \"Some toys talk, some toys listen ...\"
菲尔.沃森:有些玩具可以说话,有些玩具可以倾听……
EDWARD GREEN: No! No! I want new words.
爱德华.格林:不!不!我想要用新词。
Words that give Big Boss status. Words that make important.
那些可以显示“大老板”身价的话。那些使得它重要的话。
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 商务英语口语