希望和愿望(2)
除了常用的hope,want,wish 和long以及if only 都可以用来表示“希望和愿望”。你对这几个词熟悉吗?快来检验一下吧。I want your promise.
Want something /someone意为“想要某物,想见某人”,也可用于被动结构,比如:
当你想得到朋友的意见或者某种承诺时可说
We want your opinion/promise.我们希望听到你的意见(得到你的承诺)。
I want a few words with you. 我想和你说几句话。
If you ever want me, come to me for assistance. 如果你需要我,就来找我帮忙吧。
What on earth did you want with me? 你究竟想和我干什么?
What is it you want from him? 你想从他那儿得到什么?
You are wanted on the telephone/by telephone.有电话找你。
You’re wanted in the office. 你需要到办公室去。
I don’t wish to leave my mother.
Wish to do something 相当于want to do something或hope to do something意为“愿意,希望做某事”,这里用来表示自己的主观愿望,希望得到别人理解及支持,例如:But I wish to remain here.但我愿意留在这儿。
I do not wish to be disturbed in my work. 我工作时不愿受到打扰。
I wish once again to express our warmest welcome to you. 我愿意再次表示对你的诚挚欢迎。
I wish to speak to you. 我有话和你说。
I wish you to stay here.
Wish someone. to do something 相当于want someone to do something 或would like someone to do something,例如:
I wish you to stay here. 我希望你留在这儿。
I do wish my son to accept the post. 我确实希望我儿子接受这个职位。
They wished me to call on you. 他们希望我拜访你。
We don’t wish the subject to be raised again. 我们不希望这个问题再次被提出。
He longed to be back in England.
Long+to-v. 的意思是“渴望做某件事”。Long for+n./pron.的意思则是“渴望,迫切希望得到某物”,不要弄混哦,我们来看几个例子:
How I long for your opinion! 我多么渴望你的意见啊。
I longed to read my story to you. 我渴望把我的故事读给你听。
We longed to see her. 我们渴望见到她。
If only he could have understood the doctor’s words!
If only这个句型表示一种虚拟语气,就是一种未能实现的愿望,可以理解为“但愿……,要是……就好了”,比如:
表示一种希望的心情。
If only he had seen me! 但愿他那时看见了我!
If only he didn’t drive so fast. 他开车别那么快就好了。
If only he didn’t snore! 他要是不打鼾就好了。
用来期待好天气的时候
If only the rain would stop soon! 雨要是快点停了多好!
If only the weather were fine! 要是个好天多好!
当事与愿违的时候,也就是说自己希望的和事实想反的时候
If only you had kept quiet then. 你那时要是不说话多好。
If only we can get a car, we’ll be all right. 我们要是能弄到一部车,一切就好办了。
If only I had known, I wouldn’t have done it! 我要是早知道,就不会干了。
If only Peter were here, it would all be different! 如果彼得在这儿,情况就完全不同了。
If only she arrives in time! 她要是按时到多好.
Annbel 编辑.
页:
[1]