流利英语脱口出
1. Tenant 房客A: My company transferred me to our London office, so I will have to move out of your house soon. It’s been good living here. You are such a good landlord.
我公司调我去伦敦办公室了,因此我很快就得搬出你家了。住在这里真的很好,你是一个好房东。
B: You are a perfect tenant, I will miss you.
你才是一个完美的房客呢,我会想念你的。
A: Me too. But we sure will stay in touch, right?
我也是。但是我们一定会保持联系的,不是吗?
B: You bet.
那当然。
2. Therapist 临床医学家
A: You look pale today.
你今天看起来很苍白。
B: Well, I didn’t sleep well last night.
是啊,我昨晚没睡好。
A: Having that nightmare again?
又做那个噩梦啦?
B: Yes, I always dream I’m falling off a cliff. Maybe I should see a therapist to find out what it’s all about.
是啊,我总是梦见掉落悬崖。或者我应该去找医生看看,我为什么会做这样的梦。
3. fib 无伤大雅的谎言
A: I saw you talking with Meg this morning.
今早我看见你和玛吉说话了。
B: Yes, I told her I want to borrow a book from her.
是啊,我告诉她我想跟她借本书。
A: A book?
一本书?
B: Well, it was just a fib. You know I always liked her, I just want to ask her for a date.
嗯,那只是一个无伤大雅的谎言啦,你知道我一直都喜欢她,我只是想和她约会而已。
4.Blazer 运动夹克
A: Bye Mom, I am off to school now!
妈妈再见,我去学校啦!
B: Bye Tom.
再见汤姆。
A: Oh, By the way, what’s the weather today?
哦,顺便问一下,今天天气如何?
B: It is a bit colder than yesterday, so you’d better put on your blazer.
比昨天凉一些,你最好穿上运动夹克。
5. gross 恶心的
A: I am scared of spiders, they are so gross!
我好害怕蜘蛛,它们好恶心啊。
B: I found them quite interesting though.
但我却觉得它们挺有趣的。
A: Well, in spite of that, I like Spiderman.
尽管我不喜欢蜘蛛,却挺喜欢蜘蛛侠的。
B: Me too.
我也是。
6.freelancer 自由职业者
A: I do envy you for being a freelancer!
真羡慕你这个自由职业者!
B: Well, I don’t make a lot of money, but I like my job and I have more free time.
嗯,我不是很赚钱,但是我喜欢我的工作,也有更多的空闲时间了。
A: I really cannot take the excessive overtime any more, I just want to quit my job!
我真的不能再忍受这过多的加班了,我只想辞职!
B: That’s one of the main reasons I quit my previous job.
不愿加班也是我辞调之前工作的一个主要原因。
7. pricey 价格高的,昂贵的
A: I am going to Japan for the coming holiday,anything you would like me to buy for you there?
我马上去日本度假,你想让我给你从那里带点儿什么吗?
B: Well, I heard that things are really pricey in Japan.
我听说日本的东西很贵哦。
A: Yes, but as long as they are of good quality, Ithink it is OK.
是啊,但是只要质量好,我认为就没关系。
B: Well, maybe you can buy me a digital camera there. I will give the money to you later on.
嗯,或许你可以帮我买个数码相机,我回头给你钱。
8.vegetarian 素食者
A: Would you like to come for dinner at my home tonight?
你今晚愿意来我家吃饭吗?
B: I would love to.
非常愿意。
A: Since I am a vegetarian, there won't be any beef or pork, etc.
因为我是个素食者,所以没有牛肉啊猪肉之类的。
B: That’s fine, I like beans and vegetables.
没关系,我喜欢豆类和蔬菜。
页:
[1]