A Place to Sleep 一个睡觉的地方
A Place to Sleep 一个睡觉的地方--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
时间: 2007年07月18日 18:41作者:来源:国际在线
By the time John pulled into the little town, every hotel room was taken. \"You've got to have a room somewhere.\" he pleaded. \"Or just a bed--I don't care where.\"
约翰开车来到这座小镇时,旅馆已客满。“肯定还有空房的,” 他恳求道,“或是只要一张床,睡哪里都行。”
\"Well, I do have a double room with one occupant,\" admitted the manager,\" and he might be glad to split the cost. But to tell you the truth, he snores so loudly that people in adjoining rooms have complained in the past. I'm not sure it'd be worth it to you.\"
“好吧,我这儿确实有个双人间,不过只有一个住客,” 旅馆经理答道,“有人分担房费他会很高兴的。可是实话告诉你,他打呼噜的声音太大了,住在隔壁的人都抱怨过。不知你这样是否划得来。”
\"No problem,\" the tired traveler assured him. \"I'll take it.\"
“没问题,” 旅途劳顿的约翰向他保证道,“就要这间了。”
The next morning, John came down to breakfast bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. When asked about how he slept, he replied, \"Never better.\"
第二天早上,约翰下来吃早饭,看起来精神焕发。当问及他昨晚睡得怎样时,他答道:“从没这么好过。”
The manager was impressed. \"No problem with the other guy snoring, then?\"
经理颇为惊讶:“这么说,跟那个打呼噜的人睡在一起什么事都没有了?”
\"Nope. I shut him up in no time.\"
“不是的。只不过我很快就让他闭嘴了。”
\"How'd you manage that?\"
“你是怎么做到的?”
\"He was already in bed, snoring away, when I came in the room,\" John said. \"I went over, gave him a kiss on the cheek and said, 'Goodnight, beautiful.' With that he sat up all night watching me.\"
“我进去时他已经睡着了,不停地打着呼噜。” 约翰说,“我便走过去,在他脸上亲了一下,说了声‘晚安,美人儿。’ 于是他整晚再没睡,一直盯着我。”
Notes:
① pull into sth. (of a motor vehicle ) move in towards sth. (指机动车辆) 驶进某处。
② in no time very quickly 立即;马上;极快。
③ away adv. continuously 继续不断地
页:
[1]