办公室会话:空调
又是夏天了,办公室里的空调又要开始启动了。有人喜欢温度低一点,有人喜欢温度高一点。且看下面这两位是怎么看的吧。(1)
Liz: Geez! Your room is like an ice-box!
莉斯:老天!你这屋简直是冰箱啊!
Terri: No, it's not! It's just comfortable.
特里:不是啊,刚刚好。
Liz: Yeah, if you're a penguin. Just look at me! Even my goose bumps have goose bumps!
莉斯:刚刚好,如果你是企鹅的话。看看我,我都起鸡皮疙瘩了!
Terri: Get outta here! I think you're exaggerating!
特里:快出去,你太夸张了!
Liz: No, I'm not. Where's the thermostat?
莉斯:我才没有呢。温度调节器在哪呢?
Terri: By the door, on the wall.
特里:门旁边,墙上。
Liz: No wonder I'm cold! This thing is set at 65?!
莉斯:怪不得我冷。你把它调到65度?!
Terri: Like I said -- perfect!
特里:就像我说的,正好!
Liz: If you live in Alaska. By the way, where's the shovel?
莉斯:如果你住在阿拉斯加才正好。哎,铲子在哪?
Terri: Why do you need a shovel?
特里:你要铲子干吗?
Liz: So I can dig us out when it starts snowing in here.
莉斯:这屋子里下雪的时候把我们俩挖出来呀。
(2)
John: It's like an oven in here! You must be roasting!
约翰:这屋简直像个烤箱!你快被烤熟了吧?
Martha: Actually, I'm just comfortable.
玛撒:实际上,我感觉刚好。
John: You've got to be kidding me. It has to be over 95 degrees in here!
约翰:开玩笑。这屋里至少95度!
Martha: What can I say? I'm a cold-blooded person. The warmer, the better, as far as I'm concerned.
玛撒:那我能说什么呢?我是个冷血的人。对我来说越热越好。
John: Well, can we at least open a window and get some ventilation in here?
约翰:那么,我们至少得开扇窗户透透气吧?
Martha: Knock yourself out.
玛撒:随便。
John: Thanks, I will.
约翰:谢谢! 好好学习,天天向上
英语真的这么难吗
页:
[1]