找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 1589|回复: 1

[[求助与讨论]] 我参加学校模拟国际会议的一篇发言稿(给点建议啊)!

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-11-7 23:11:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
是根据我自己写的一篇论文翻译过来的,中文题目是《加入WTO对浙江地方金融业的影响》自认为翻译的比较生硬……

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen!  It’s my pleasure to come here to give a speech on the topic of “the impact of China’s accession to WTO on the Zhejiang’s local financial industry”

Today, my presentation consists 4 parts, First, I will talk about something about mainly about the current situation of Zhejiang’s local financial institutions, including what changes have taken place since the year 2001, then the factors and the impacts for the above changes. In the end, I will give my conclusion.

First, I want to say something about the current situation of Zhejiang’s local financial institutions, mainly focusing on the city commercial banks and rural credit cooperatives.
  From the first form, we can see that the ratio of non-performing loan of city commercial banks is about 5%(except jinhua bank), while the number was about 30% several years ago.
  ●And next chart, we can see that more and more rural credit cooperatives are earning money. In 1998, the ratio is about 75%, while the ratio has risen to 97% in 2003.
  So we can say that they are progressing toward a good trend.

However, Zhejiang’s local financial institutions are comparatively less competitive because they are still in the primary period of development.
  (1) ●Now, please look at the form2. Deposit and credit balance of Zhejiang’s local financial institutions only account for about 20% of the whole sector, which are not in conformity with Zhejiang’s economic pattern featuring powerful private economy.
  (2) Besides, Zhejiang’s local financial institutions mainly engage in traditional business and  have difficulties in business innovation.
  (3) What’s more, their abilities of preparedness against risks are poor. One problem is inadequacy of bank’s capital and to much bad assets. In 2004, the capital adequacy ratio of 7 city commercial banks in Zhejiang is 5.09%, far below 8% which is required by Basle Agreement.

Now you may have this question: what changes have taken place since 2001?
  ●please look at the following form: Before 2001, there were only 3 foreign banks in our province, but now we have seven and may be more in the future. We can see that they are entering Zhejiang’s financial market one after another by setting up foreign-funded branch banks, participating local business by shares or building strategic alliance with local financial institutions.
  So the answer is clear: Zhejiang has also become a hot destination of foreign financiers and entrepreneurs.

Now, you may ask what can be accounted for those changes? In my opinion, the following 3 factors should be considered.
  (1) Zhejiang has strong demand for financial services. Statistics show that the total capital demand of the whole province in 2005 is 2 trillion yuan while the total capital supply is only 1.5 trillion yuan. There is a financial gap of 0.5 trillion. So Zhejiang need to expand its financing channel and capital resources.
  (2) The qualityof  Zhejiang’s financial assets is excellent. According to the statistics from centre bank hangzhou branch, in 2004, many important financial index of zhejiang ranked first in the whole country.
  (3) China’s accession to WTO plays an very important role.
  ▲According to the WTO agreement, China has expanded the list of areas open to foreign banking establishments.
  ▲The restrictions on Renminbi business are being eased. For example, in 2005, foreign banks in Ningbo city could begin to conduct Renminbi business.
  ▲One of the important goals of liberalizing the banking sector is to give foreign banks national treatment.
  All of this offer good opportunities for foreign banks to come to Zhejiang.

Then what impacts are brought by foreign banks? There are both challenges and opportunities.
 First, I want to talk about challenges, I hold that at least following three merit our attention:
(1) Foreign banks enjoy preferential policies.
▲Income tax rate for them is 15% while for local banks is 33%.
▲According to the Commercial Bank Law, commercial banks in china could not conduct the investment business, while foreign banks can.
▲Local commercial banks should carry out loan business under the guideline of country’s industry policy.
Thus local banks will be in an inferior position.
(2) Foreign fbanks have various kinds of business and have accumulated rich experiences and formed powerful international settlement network which are attractive to enterprises, especially those innovated business.
(3) Foreign banks’ localization strategy will result in talents drain in l local banks. They have attractive salary and treatment. I think if you want to go into banking, those foreign banks are your first choice, right?

And there are also several opportunities:
 (1) The spillover effect of foreign bank’s management expertise will bring about improved governance in zhejiang’s local financial institutions.
 (2) Foreign banks will lead to speeding up capital flows, thus improving international investment environment in Zhejiang province and growing confidence in economy. According to some regulations, if foreign financial institutions want to set up branches in china, they should guarantee at least 100 million working capital.
 (3) Cooperation with foreign banks will help to promote business innovation and improve the financial environment.

My conclusion is, China’s accession to WTO will benefit Zhejiang’s local financial industry in the long-run. If Zhejiang could properly meet challenges and embrace opportunities, it will certainly develop at a higher level.
  Of course, local commercial banks should focus on better internal organization, including the restructuring of asset quality, the setting up of internal risk management systems and providing education for their employees; business innovation; cooperation with international financial institution.

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-11-7 23:31:50 | 显示全部楼层
看看如何       
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 12:51 , Processed in 0.298515 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.